[Nfbv-announce] “Careers in computers” is the topic for Nov. 16 FX chapter meeting.

John Bailey john_bailey17 at hotmail.com
Sun Nov 12 13:10:50 UTC 2017

“Careers in computers” is the topic for Nov. 16 FX chapter meeting.

Do you like technology? Do you spend hours just having fun on your computer and want to know how to make lots of money at it? Looking for a career change and want to know what types of computer jobs are out there and what kinds of training are required?

If you answered ‘yes’ to any of the above questions, you must attend the November 16 chapter meeting of the National Federation of the Blind of Virginia at Red Hot and Blue in Fairfax to get your answers.

Other than health care as a career, computer jobs are a growth industry with growing salaries to match. But, how do you get your foot in the door in order to break into this industry?

The Fairfax Chapter has assembled several computer professionals with widely different responsibilities and employers. Come to the Nov. 16 meeting and hear about a computer job that might be the right fit for you. Learn what you will need to make yourself highly sought after by information technology employers as well as how to avoid the pitfalls.

In addition to pros who currently work in the industry, we will have representatives from two higher education institutions who will talk about what is required if you choose to get a degree in computers. If you have questions, the answers can be found at our meeting. But, you must attend!

Where:

Red Hot and Blue

4150 Chain Bridge Rd,

Fairfax, VA

When:

6:30 pm (order dinner) till 8:30 PM

Thursday night in the meeting room at the top of the stairs to the left.

Want more info? Contact John Bailey at john_bailey17 at hotmail.com<mailto:john_bailey17 at hotmail.com<mailto:john_bailey17 at hotmail.com%3cmailto:john_bailey17 at hotmail.com<mailto:john_bailey17 at hotmail.com%3cmailto:john_bailey17 at hotmail.com%3cmailto:john_bailey17 at hotmail.com%3cmailto:john_bailey17 at hotmail.com>>> or  via phone at 703.994.2040

Update: We are currently planning our world famous holiday party for December. Stay tuned for info.