[Nfbv-announce] Want to meet new people from around the world and locally? Come to the Oct. 19 FX chapter meeting.

John Bailey john_bailey17 at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 15 15:09:39 UTC 2017

Want to meet new people from around the world and locally? Come to the Oct. 19 FX chapter meeting.

Do you like to meet new people from different cultures and who speak different languages. Do you want to talk to locals who share the same interests in music, science, etc? Are you a bit of a teckie who wants to put their knowledge of math and engineering to some practical use? Then, you must attend the October 19, 2017 Fairfax Chapter of the NFB meeting at Red Hot and Blue in Fairfax!

Do you have trouble meeting people? Having challenges finding others who share your same interests? Want to practice a language you learned years ago and never got the chance to use? Does the idea of foreign lands and cultures excite you? Then, our October meeting is for you.

Meeting people locally and internationally is simple and you never have to leave your room. Amateur radio (Ham) has been around for decades and serves a vital role in emergency communications like in Texas, Florida, and Puerto Rico when all other forms of communications are down.

ham radio isn't just for emergencies. Our guest speaker Chris Ramsey (n4ye)  is a blind ham who says that communicating with others around the world has helped him develop his interpersonal skills as well as being a lot of fun.

Chris will talk about how important amateur radio is to our communities as well as how much fun it can be for those who want to meet new people and learn about the world.

Getting into amateur radio is simpler than ever. The rules are simple. You can get a good radio for nearly nothing. And, there is a community of fellow hams right there to help you get started. It couldn't be any simpler getting into this exciting hobby.

I am a bit byassed.  I have an amateur radio licence too. I am John Bailey KC4BQI and just last week, I talked to new friends who live in Spain and the Canary Islands in a single afternoon. And it was so simple.

Come to our October 19 meeting and find out more about this vital service that is both challenging and exciting!

Where:

Red Hot and Blue

4150 Chain Bridge Rd,

Fairfax, VA

When:

6:30 pm (order dinner) till 8:30 PM

Thursday night in the meeting room at the top of the stairs to the left.

Want more info? Contact John Bailey at john_bailey17 at hotmail.com<mailto:john_bailey17 at hotmail.com> or  via phone at 703.994.2040

Red Hot & Blue

4150 Chain Bridge Rd

Fairfax VA 22030