[Nfbv-announce] Friday 2:00 PM Eyes On You Presence Seminar at NFB of Virginia Convention

Tracy Soforenko tracy.soforenko at gmail.com
Tue Oct 31 01:03:28 UTC 2017

2:00 p.m. to 3:45 p.m. Eyes on you: Dress, connect, impress - Increasing the social and the professional you by Maximizing your Wardrobe Potential, Cultivating Relationships, and Leaving an Everlasting Impression., Dogwood Room.
Please note the room change to the Dogwood Room on the lower level accessible from the stairs or elevator near the front desk.

Have you ever been concerned about your favorite piece of clothing no longer being stylish, or if you are physically portraying yourself in a way that invites conversation? Have you been wearing the same hair style for the past five years, just because you cannot find anyone to offer you an honest opinion? Have you ever felt as if you were boring your guests or colleagues with baseball stats or the latest breakthroughs in accessible technology? There are issues which are particular for us blind people, which require sincerity from our sighted counterparts and each other.

The “Eyes on you”, workshop is a healthy space in which to receive that advice, or critique.

This will be an Interactive Session. Bring your favorite outfit, or wear it for critique. Ask for advice on style from Hair, and fashion experts for women and men.

Present will be representatives from: Undeniable Boutique-women's contemporary fashion in Fairfax, ant Claude Marcel Hair Salon & Spa in Old Town Alexandria

Ask about conversation and presentation advice from HR experts from Price Waterhouse Coopers.  And a business strategy expert from a Fortune 100 company

Expect to move around and mingle with our guests and our NFB Family.
This is an opportunity to ask questions, give advice, and learn something that you have never thought of, to make social and professional events maximize who you are, and how you are perceived.

A powerful workshop on you!

Uricka Harrison, Evelyn Valdez, Alexander Castillo, and Deepa Goraya Co-chairs