[Nfbv-announce] Join the Chili Hootenanny In Richmond

Sarah Patnaude patnaude.sarah at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 9 02:31:06 UTC 2018

>From Robert Parsons
President, Richmond Chapter

Howdy Virginia Federationists

I know, I know. Life is busy. What with the Patriots going down in flames last week and the Dow Jones going with them, I know that the last thing that is on our mind is an event that is a month away. However, your tummies will thank me for this plug. This is just a quick reminder for those chili, cake, and fun lovers that the Richmond Chapter Chili Cookoff is on Saturday, March 24, 2018. Thus far, we are looking at a few unique creations and variations of chili in the running for the NFBV’s most delicious title of the year, Best Chili Chef. I have even gone as far as preparing a championship belt that the winner will wear and cherish for the entire year until it is time to defend their title in 2019. Regardless of the title, all participants and attendees are encouraged to compete or attend to create lasting memories that the chapters, divisions and affiliate will be able to reminisce on for years to come. Here’s the info:

Time 11AM-3pm

Location: St. Bridget’s Catholic Church
6006 Three Chopt Rd.
Richmond, VA

Attendees: $7 in advance | $10 at the door
Contestants: $10

Remember, all contestants trying to enter the competition must contact Gerald Meredith, event coordinator, at 804.2433980 on or before Saturday, March 10, 2018 with their entrance fee, type of Chili being entered, and contact information. If you have any questions about the event, please contact Brittany Fraer at 804.274.8908 or myself at 804.801.7674. I’m very interested to see which chapter brings home the title this year and even more interested to taste all the delicious entries. Remember, donations of any form are welcomed. Please contact me if you want to provide anything.

Best Regards

Robert E. Parsons Jr.
President, Richmond Chapter
President, Virginia Association of Blind Students
President, French Club
Secretary, Caribbean American Student Alliance
Phi Theta Kappa International Honor Society ‘15
Randolph Macon College '18
Phone: 804 801 7674
"Without struggle, there is no progress." -Frederick Douglass