[Nfbv-announce] 1/30 Congressional Reception at the Newseum

Tracy Soforenko tracy.soforenko at gmail.com
Sat Jan 27 04:21:33 UTC 2018

Hi Virginia Federationists,

As many of you should have heard on the Presidential Release and through
other means, there is a special Congressional Reception we are holding at
the Newseum on Tuesday, January 30 where members of Congress are invited to
join us for a special exhibit with award winning photographs from the 1968
Tet Offensive.

The Newseum’s newest exhibit, The Marines and Tet: The Battle That Changed
the Vietnam War, the Newseum looks back at the 1968 Battle of Huê´, the
bloodiest single battle of the Tet Offensive and a turning point that
changed the course of the Vietnam War.

Thanks to 3D Printing Works, 10 of the photos are available as tactile
models with detailed audio information to make the exhibit very accessible.

Here are some details.

Tuesday, January 30:

Doors open at 6:00 p.m. Please plan to arrive on time. You will need a badge
you will need to get from me on Monday or your team leader on Tuesday.
Without this special badge, the entrance will be $20 to get into the
Newseum.

Additionally, the light food reception may not be available to you.

You should enter via the main entrance on Pennsylvania Avenue. After
entering the museum, NFB marshals will usher you directly to the Annenberg
Theater where you will be treated to the top musical selections from 1968.
At 6:30 p.m. the program will begin with opening remarks from President
Riccobono, followed by General Glenn Walters (Assistant Commandant of the
Marine Corps), and award-winning photographer John Olson. Following the
short program, you will be encouraged to visit the exhibit located on the
museum’s second floor and enjoy light fare and refreshments provided by
Wolfgang Puck Catering. The reception and exhibit area will close at 8:30
p.m. Lyft has generously agreed to provide $5 off your trips to and from the
Newseum. Details on how to receive this discount will be provided at the
Great Gathering-In.

Please be aware that this will be light fare and you should not expect this
will be a full dinner. Additionally, since the State of the Union is
scheduled for Tuesday night  at 9:0 PM, members of Congress are expected to
arrive early and leave early since they are expected back at the Capitol for
the State of the Union address.

The Newseum is located at 555 Pennsylvania NW.

I should have sufficient badges for all who communicated they were attending
Washington Seminar.

If you have questions, please let me know,

Tracy Soforenko

President, National Federation of the Blind of Virginia

202 285-4595

Tracy.soforenko at gmail.com <mailto:Tracy.soforenko at gmail.com>

www.nfb.org <http://www.nfb.org>

www.nfbv.org <http://www.nfbv.org>

National Federation of the Blind. Live the Life You Want

who believe in the hopes and dreams of the nation’s blind. Every day we work