[Nfbv-announce] Thank You, and a Plea

Joe Orozco jsorozco at gmail.com
Wed Nov 28 04:25:56 UTC 2018

Hello all,

Forgive my delay in sending this note. I wanted to take a moment to thank
everyone for helping to create a wonderful state convention experience this
year. Tracy was happy, so I think we did well.

I always hesitate to thank people by name who are specifically tasked with
jobs to help keep the convention on the rails. They generally recruit their
own assistants, and someone's name inevitably gets left out, but if you
played a role in running our registration process, managing our exhibit
hall, running the audio and visual, streaming the plenary sessions, managing
our general session floor, organizing our auction and door prizes,
overseeing our child care, coordinating our marshals, preparing a breakout
session, delivering a speech on our general session agenda, promoting the
activities via social media, working with our youth, making food runs for
our youth, taking tickets at banquet and hospitality reception, loading or
unloading vehicles, bringing me breakfast and lunch, and many other various
tasks, then please know your service was recognized, appreciated, and valued
more than a note can adequately express.

We almost made it to the finish line without a noticeable hitch, and then,
well, your key cards stopped working at noon on Sunday. I'm truly sorry for
that inconvenience. I'll make sure such a thing ranks high on the list of
things that must not happen with our hotel next November.

And speaking of things that should or should not happen, I'm begging you to
knock out one more task for me. We're in a constant strive to make
convention better every year. We need to hear from you. Please click on the
link below and give us less than ten minutes to provide your candid
feedback. Your responses will help us make our time in Portsmouth that much
more enjoyable all around.

http://www.nfbv.org/survey/

Please do not put off completing the survey. Tracy reads every response
carefully and uses your feedback to help shape more compelling programming.

Thank you for making our affiliate the absolute best in the organization.

Sincerely,

Joe Orozco