[Nfbv-announce] Exercise books Available on BARD

patnaude.sarah at yahoo.com patnaude.sarah at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 21 16:48:22 UTC 2019

>From Nancy Yeager

President, NFBV Senior Division

Hi all:

During our January Senior call, our speaker, Nancy Quarles, discussed the importance of staying active and engaged. Attached and below is a list of exercise books available on the BARD, (Braille and Audio Reading download) web site.  If you aren’t already registered, go to: https://www.loc.gov/nls/ or call: 888-657-7323 to sign up.

Nancy Yeager, President

Senior Division, NFB of Virginia

Exercise Books Available On BARD

The following exercise books are available at no charge.

Be alive as long as you live:  DB16748; Frankel, Lawrence J Richard; Betty Byrd.

Exercise & physical activity: your everyday guide:  DB70650; Pocinki, Karen McCrory Rodgers; Anne Brown; National Institute on Aging.

Good-bye to bad backs: a proven program of simple stretching and strengthening exercises for better body alignment and freedom from lower back pain: DB29449; Scott, Judith.

Reach for fitness: a special book of exercises for the physically challenged: DB24483; Simmons, Richard.

Sixty plus & fit again: exercises for older men and women: DB12072; Rosenberg, Magda.

Smart exercise: burning fat, getting fit: DB39218; Bailey, Covert.

The "I hate to exercise" book for people with diabetes: turn everyday home activities into a low-impact fitness plan you'll love: DB72073; Hayes, Charlotte.

The body shop: Scandinavian exercises for relaxation: DB08974; Hinrichsen, Gerda.

The complete book of exercise walking: DB32906; Yanker, Gary.

The healing power of exercise : your guide to preventing and treating diabetes, depression, heart disease, high blood pressure, arthritis, and more: DB53448; Goldberg, Linn; Elliot, Diane L.

The W.E.T. workout: water exercises and techniques to help you tone up and slim down aerobically: DB28144; Katz, Jane.

Water exercises for osteoarthritis: the effective way to reduce pain and stiffness, while increasing endurance and strength, DB65400; Rosenstein, Ann A.