[NFBV-Announce] 2019 NFB of Virginia Convention Draft Agenda

tracy.soforenko at gmail.com tracy.soforenko at gmail.com
Wed Oct 2 03:00:12 UTC 2019

Hi Virginia Federation Friends,

Please find below and attached a draft agenda for the 2019 National
Federation of the Blind of Virginia convention. We hope this agenda will
encourage you to act today to join us in Portsmouth . We will publish a
revised draft in a week or 2 after we adjust some room locations with the
hotel and lock in a final speaker or two.

Please make your reservations for the hotel and pre-register before October
8 to secure a room and obtain pre-registration pricing.

All convention details can be found at:

http://www.nfbv.org/convention/

Please find the agenda below:

Empowerment: Owning Your Future

61st ANNUAL STATE CONVENTION

NATIONAL FEDERATION OF THE BLIND OF VIRGINIA

Tracy Soforenko, President

Friday, November 1 - Sunday, November 3, 2019

Renaissance Portsmouth

425 Water Street

Portsmouth, Virginia 23704

(757) 673-3000

Co-Hosted by The Tidewater and Peninsula Chapters OF THE NATIONAL FEDERATION
OF THE BLIND OF VIRGINIA

Stewart Prost and Uricka Harrison, Presidents

Our National Representative:

Ron Brown, Second Vice President, National Federation of the Blind

Table of Contents

Table of Contents                                   2

The Federation Pledge                           4

Convention Registration & Information
4

Meal Functions                                      4

Door Prizes                                           5

Action Auction                                       5

Information Table                                  6

Childcare                                               6

Dog Relief Area                                     7

Assistive Listening Devices                   8

Hospitality Suite                                    8

Daylight Saving Time                            8

Thursday, October 31, 2019                   9

Friday, November 1, 2019                      9

General Session                                    9

Friday Afternoon Concurrent Seminars
12

Saturday, November 2, 2019                16

General Session                                  16

Saturday Afternoon Breakout Sessions
20

2019 Convention Banquet                   22

Sunday, November 3, 2019                  24

General Session                                  24

Dream Makers Circle                            27

Vehicle Donations                                 27

The Federation Pledge

"I pledge to participate actively in the efforts of the National Federation
of the Blind to achieve equality, opportunity, and security for the blind;
to support the policies and programs of the Federation; and to abide by its
Constitution."

Convention Registration & Information

Convention registration and information will be held at the Portsmouth
Registration Desk, located on the 2nd Floor outside the Portsmouth
ballrooms. The cost of on-site registration is $25. Pre-registration packet
pick up and on-site registration will be open at the following times:

*	Thursday, October 31 from 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
*	Friday, November 1 from 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m.; from 12:00 PM to
1:00 PM, and
5:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
*	Saturday, November 2 from 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. to
2:00 p.m.

Door prizes and auction items can be brought to the registration desk
beginning on Thursday evening.

Meal Functions

Tickets for all meal functions are available at the registration desk while
supplies last. The only way to ensure a ticket for meal functions is to
pre-register.

Banquet: Banquet tickets may be purchased, while supplies last, onsite for
$37. Seating will be open, so come early to get seats together. Do not
forget to bring your ticket because tickets will be checked at the door.

Box Lunch: If you did not pre-register for a boxed lunch, tickets may be
purchased onsite, while supplies last, for $17.50. Box lunch tickets will be
sold for both Friday and Saturday and must be used for the specific day
purchased. In addition, a very limited number of student lunch tickets may
be available for those who did not pre-register for $8.

Note: For more information about hotel, registration or meal functions,
please contact Joe Orozco at (202) 810-4023 or via email at
jsorozco at gmail.com

Door Prizes

Door prizes will be drawn periodically throughout convention sessions on
Friday, Saturday, and Sunday and at the banquet. To be eligible for door
prizes, you must be registered for the convention and present in the room
when your name is called.

Action Auction

Throughout the convention we will be holding an Action Auction to raise
money for the affiliate. The auction will be great fun with many valuable
items up for bid. You will have a chance to preview auction items on Friday
afternoon in the exhibit area. For more information, contact Jacki Brown,
Chairperson and Auctioneer.

Information Table

If you need assistance from the NFB of Virginia (such as helping a blind
child get a strong education, getting access to blindness skills training,
learning to use NFB-NEWSLINER, or resolving an employment discrimination
problem), please go to the information table in the back of the Portsmouth 5
Ballroom. Additionally, if you have questions concerning accessing services
from the Virginia Department for the Blind and Vision Impaired, the
information table can be a resource for guidance. After the convention, a
member of the NFB of Virginia will contact you. In addition, if you would
like to sign up to receive any of our publications or would like to get
regular updates about our programs and legislative efforts, please also
visit the information table. The table will be open during the board
meeting, after the opening ceremonies on Friday, during General Session on
Saturday, and all morning on Sunday. For more information, please contact
Alex Castillo at (917) 532-7439.

Childcare

Childcare is available for infants through fifth graders whose parents are
registered for the convention. It is available throughout the day on Friday
and Saturday. Childcare is in the Jefferson Room, 1st Floor. We have
activities and games for the children. For more information, please contact
Uricka Harrison at (757) 349-9234.

Childcare is offered at the following times:

*	Session 1: Friday, 8:45 a.m. to 12:15 p.m.
*	Session 2: Friday, 12:15 p.m. to 5:15 p.m.
*	Session 3: Friday, 6:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
*	Session 4: Saturday, 8:45 a.m. to 12:15 p.m.
*	Session 5: Saturday, 12:15 p.m. to 5:15 p.m.
*	Session 6: Saturday, 6:45 p.m. to one half hour after the banquet
ends

Snacks will be provided during Sessions 1, 2, 4 and 5. Even though childcare
will be open and fully staffed during lunch on both Friday and Saturday,
lunch will not be provided. Parents should either pick their children up for
lunch at the end of Session 1 and Session 4 or provide a lunch for their
children in the childcare room. Also, dinner will not be provided on Friday
or Saturday evening. Parents should feed their children dinner prior to
bringing them to Session 6. The cost of childcare is $10 per family per
session.

Dog Relief Area

The Renaissance Hotel has designated a place for dog relief by proceeding
out the doors across from the front desk in the lobby of the hotel. The
designated place has a trash receptacle near the hotel entrance. Please do
not use the terrace on the 2nd floor for dog relief.

Assistive Listening Devices

A limited number of assistive listening devices are available during all
convention sessions and at the banquet. For an assistive listening device,
please go to the contact table located in the back of the hall during all
convention general sessions. A credit card or identification card is
required as a deposit for the equipment.

Hospitality Suite

The Convention Hospitality Suite is the Commodore Room on the 2nd floor. The
Commodore Room is located just off the elevator bank, in the opposite
direction of all other conference rooms.

Daylight Saving Time

Don't forget to set your watches back one hour for the change that occurs
early Sunday morning. Smart phones, of course, should handle this change
automatically.

Thursday, October 31, 2019

6:30 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. Virginia Chapter Leadership Institute (CLI) Wrap Up
/ Ramp Up: Commodore Room; Joe Orozco and Domonique Lawless, Co-Chairs. By
invitation only. We are continuing the Virginia Chapter Leadership
Institute. This weekend's CLI event both completes year one and starts year
two.

7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. Registration: Portsmouth Registration Desk.

Friday, November 1, 2019

8:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m. Registration: Portsmouth Registration Desk.

9:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. NFB of Virginia Board of Directors Meeting and
Chapter Reports (Open to All): Portsmouth 5 Ballroom.

General Session

Portsmouth 5 Ballroom

10:00 a.m. to 10:20 a.m. Opening Ceremonies:

*	Call to Order - Tracy Soforenko, President, NFB of Virginia
*	Invocation - Cantor Wendi Fried, Congregation Beth El, Norfolk
Virginia

*	Presentation of the Colors
*	Pledge of Allegiance
*	Federation Pledge
*	Star Spangled Banner -Julie McGinnity, President, NFB Performing
Arts Division, Baltimore, Maryland
*	Welcome to Portsmouth, Mayor John Rowe, Portsmouth, Virginia
*	Greetings from Our Host Chapters - Stewart Prost, President,
Tidewater Chapter, Norfolk, Virginia and Uricka Harrison, President,
Peninsula Chapter, Newport News, Virginia
*	Convention Arrangements - Joe Orozco, Chairperson, Convention
Organization and Arrangements

10:20 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. Introducing the Portsmouth Regatta. Christopher
Walker and Earl Everett, Fundraising Committee

10:30 a.m. to 10:50 a.m. Betting on Success: Reflections from Virginia's
2019 McDonald Fellows and Kenneth Jernigan Scholarship Fund Winners:

*	Moderator: Mary Durbin, Chairperson, McDonald Fellowship Committee,
and NFB of Virginia Liaison, Kenneth Jernigan Scholarship Fund Committee,
Virginia Beach, Virginia
*	Lois Fritz, Newport News, Virginia
*	Andrea Ortiz, Burke, Virginia
*	Kassahun Sahilu, Alexandria, Virginia
*	Yvette Williams, Newport News, Virginia

10:50 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. Action Auction.

11:00 a.m. to 11:10 a.m. Cane, Punch, Choke, and Throw: Martial Arts and
Fitness as a Blind Person.

*	Alex Castillo, Potomac Chapter, Washington DC

11:10 a.m. to 11:20 a.m. Serving My Country - Building My Business. Jimmy
Cunningham, Vice President, Virginia Merchants Division and Vice Chair,
Virginia Business Opportunities for the Blind Board, Prince George,
Virginia.

11:20 a.m. to 11:25 a.m. Action Auction.

11:25 a.m. to 11:35 a.m. Disability Partnership in Action. Colleen Miller,
Executive Director - Virginia Disability Law Center, Richmond Virginia.

11:35 a.m. to 11:50 p.m. Open Slot TBD.

11:50 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. Announcements.

12:00 p.m. General Session Adjourns.

12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m. Registration: Portsmouth Registration Desk.

12:00 p.m. to 12:30 p.m. Box lunch pick-up: Portsmouth Foyer.

12:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. Exhibits: Portsmouth Foyer. Annette Carr, Exhibits
Coordinator.

12:15 p.m. to 1:45 p.m. Embracing Our Diversity: Empowering Our Community:
Portsmouth 4BallRoom. Evelyn Valdez- Coordinator

*	The National Federation of the Blind recognizes that our diversity
is a core strength. This lunch, featuring Jean Brown as our keynote, will
feature the stories from across the Virginia Federation Family and will
discuss ways we can make our community more inclusive and vibrant.

Friday Afternoon Concurrent Seminars

2:00 p.m. to 4:45 p.m. Owning Your Finances Seminar - Joe Orozco, Chair,
Portsmouth 5 Ballroom.

>From financial scams to strategic budgeting, from buying a home to building
your retirement fund. Come learn how to secure your financial future.

2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. Seniors Possibilities Fair - Nancy Yeager, President,
Seniors division, Portsmouth 1 and 2 Ballrooms.

Have you stopped reading the newspaper or books, writing checks or other
correspondence, or completing other tasks that require vision?  If the
answer is yes to any of the above, join us to learn about low- or no-cost
solutions to these and other aspects of your daily life.

4:00p.m. to 5:00 p.m. Resolutions Committee: Portsmouth 6 Ballroom, Deepa
Goraya, Chairperson.

We encourage the participation of all members in setting Federation policy,
and the best way to influence policy is through resolutions. As a grass
roots organization, we serve our movement through collective action, and
such action begins with policy making and debate. Come help shape the
policies of the NFB of Virginia.

5:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. Registration, Portsmouth Registration Desk.

5:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. Public Meeting on DBVI Divisions, Programs and
Services: Portsmouth 5 Ballroom, Susan K. Davis, Policy and Training
Coordinator, Virginia Department for the Blind and Vision Impaired.

We are grateful that DBVI will hold a public meeting where attendees can ask
questions and speak with agency leadership. DBVI wants to hear from you so
come and share your thoughts and ideas on how DBVI can better meet the needs
of blind and low vision Virginians.  Let your voice be heard.

5:30 p.m. to 6:15 p.m. At-Large Chapter Meeting and Reception: Commodore
Room, Patrick Johnson, President.

6:30 p.m. to 7:30p.m. Student Dinner Party: Commodore Room, Elizabeth
Schoen, Coordinator, Virginia Association of Blind Students.

Join the Virginia student division leaders and members for fellowship with
old and new friends to kick off the convention weekend. Open and free to all
students over the age of 14.

7:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. Convention Hospitality: Portsmouth 4 Ballroom.

Hosted by the Tidewater and Peninsula Chapters, Stewart Prost and Uricka
Harrison, Presidents. All registered convention attendees are welcome to
join us for this fun evening of fellowship and hospitality featuring music
and fun. Don't forget your ticket provided with your registration to enter
this event. Mix, mingle, and network with Federation members and
distinguished guests, all while enjoying appetizers and a cash bar.

7:30 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. Student Meet & Greet, Kelly Jones, Coordinator,
Virginia Association of Blind Students, Portsmouth 6 Ballroom.

If you are a student of any age, this evening item is for you! Think
interactive icebreakers, engaging discussion, and high energy programming
all in one session! Join students across the Commonwealth to share, learn,
and grow until late hours of the evening.

7:45 to 8:45 PM Friday Evening Cookie Social for Families of Blind Children

Commodore Room, Beth Sellers, President, Virginia Parents of Blind Children

Calling all blind kids ages 0-13, siblings and parents!  Join us for cookies
and drinks and a chance to meet other families from across the state.  Bring
any Braille or large print books your child no longer needs and pick up some
free books from our free Braille book exchange table.  (Email
bsellers31 at gmail.com with questions and any food allergies we need to be
aware of.)

9:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. Young Professional Reception, Susie D'Mello and
Evelyn Valdez, Coordinators, Commodore Room.

Are you a young professional looking for something exciting to do on Friday
evening? Come mingle, make new connections, and enjoy a drink or two at the
Young Professionals reception in the commodore Room.

10:15 p.m. to 11:15 p.m. Scholarship Mixer: Commodore Room, Patrick Johnson,
Chairperson.

Saturday, November 2, 2019

8:00 a.m. to 10:00a.m. Registration: Portsmouth Registration Desk.

General Session

Portsmouth 5 Ballroom

9:00 a.m. Call to Order -Tracy Soforenko, President, NFB of Virginia.

9:00 a.m. to 9:05 a.m. Invocation - Reverend Chris Coleman, Assistant
Minister, Gethsemane Baptist Church, Peninsula Chapter, Hampton Virginia.

9:05 a.m. to 9:35 a.m. National Report - Ron Brown, Second Vice President,
National Federation of the Blind, Indianapolis, Indiana.

9:35 a.m. to 9:40 a.m. Action Auction.

9:40 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. Blind Parents Get It Done.

*	Jessica Reed, Panel Moderator, Fredericksburg, Virginia
*	Yasiah Hurtado, Richmond, Virginia
*	Nikki Jeffords, Arlington, Virginia
*	Louise Walsh, Virginia Beach, Virginia

10:00 a.m. to 10:10 a.m. A Friend in Congress. The Honorable Robert "Bobby"
Scott, Member of the U.S. House of Representatives, 3rd Congressional
District of Virginia.

10:10 a.m. to 10:20 a.m. Advocating for Our Children: Addressing Our Kid's
Needs. Beth Sellers, President, Virginia Organization of Parents of Blind
Children, Harrisonburg, Virginia.

10:20 a.m. to 10:40 a.m. Celebrating Our Members - Sandy Halverson, First
Vice President, National Federation of the Blind of Virginia, Arlington,
Virginia.

10:40 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. Open Doors and New Beginnings-The Future Really Is
Mine:  A Panel Discussion with Seniors Who Are Living the Lives They Want:
Melody Roane, Director, Virginia Rehabilitation Center for the Blind and
Vision Impaired, Moderator, Richmond Virginia

11:00 a.m. to 11:05 a.m. Introducing the 2019 NFB of Virginia James F.
Nelson, Jr. Scholarship Finalists. Patrick Johnson, Chairperson.

11:05 a.m. to 11:20 a.m. Rehabilitation Services for the Blind in Virginia.
Raymond Hopkins, Commissioner, Department for the Blind and Vision Impaired.

11:20 a.m. to 11:25 a.m. Announcements.

11:25 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. Action Auction.

11:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. Presidential Report, Tracy Soforenko, President,
NFB of Virginia.

12:00 p.m. General Session Adjourns.

12:00 p.m. to 12:30 p.m. Box Lunch Pickup: Portsmouth Foyer.

12:15 p.m. to 1:45 p.m. 2019 Welcome Luncheon, Joanne Wilson and Jimmy
Morris, Co-Coordinators, Portsmouth 4 Ballroom. Whether you are a member who
wants to get more out of your membership, are a new member, or just want to
learn from others in this interactive lunch-based discussion session, the
Welcome Lunch is for you.

Learn more about the Federation and our positive philosophy on blindness,
understand how you can better tap the broad Federation network, and be
inspired to take ideas home from positive role models in our movement.

12:15 p.m. to 1:45 p.m. Seniors Division Luncheon and Business Meeting,
Portsmouth 7 and 8 Ballrooms. Nancy Yeager, President. Join other seniors
for lunch and conversation, followed by a short business meeting.

12:15 p.m. to 1:45 p.m. Virginia Association of Blind Merchants Division
Luncheon and Business Meeting: Portsmouth 6 Ballroom. Harold Wilson,
President.

12:15 p.m. to 1:45 p.m. Virginia Parents of Blind Children Luncheon and
Business Meeting: Portsmouth 3 Ballroom. Beth Sellers, President.

Grab the boxed lunch or bring your own, but please join us for our business
meeting and parents' lunch.  Our lunch hour is an informal roundtable
conversation for parents of children of all ages with low vision, blindness,
deaf-blindness, and multiple disabilities.

12:15 p.m. to 1:45 p.m. Student Luncheon and Virginia Association of Blind
Students Business Meeting: Commodore Room. Gerald Meredith, President,
Virginia Association of Blind Students.

Student Lunch pick up will be held in the Commodore Room starting at 12:05
p.m. Students are the leaders of tomorrow. During our annual luncheon, our
members will elect the officers and board members for the upcoming year, as
well as reflect and brainstorm on the work of our statewide division.
Pre-register online for the $8 lunch by October 25.

1:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m. Registration, Portsmouth Registration Desk.

Saturday Afternoon Breakout Sessions

2:00 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. Chapter Leadership University: Portsmouth 4 Ballroom,
Tracy Soforenko and Kathryn Webster, Coordinators.

Chapter Presidents, Treasurers, membership coordinators, and participants in
the chapter leadership institute will participate in a Saturday afternoon
workshop on how to make our chapters more engaging, welcoming, and dynamic.
Role play real life scenarios and bring home ideas that can be applied in
your chapter in 2020.

2:00 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. The ABCs of Life

Portsmouth 5 Ballroom, Nicky Jeffords, John Bailey, Martha Macias, and Rich
Sorey, Co-Coordinators.

The ABCs of Life

A = Attitude, B = Breaking Down Barriers, C = Creating Connections

Come and learn about strategies necessary to earn, retain, and advance your
brand in the professional and personal spheres.  This interactive session
will provide you with tips and techniques to meet your full potential.

2:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. - Student Seminar: Surpassing Our Limitations.
Commodore Room, Gerald Meredith, Virginia Association of Blind Students,
President.

Every blind student faces barriers; and every blind student overcomes
obstacles. But not every blind student has a nationwide network of role
models who conquered greatness given society's limitations. During this
seminar, you will be introduced to successful and ambitious blind
professionals and students, confident and independent throughout their
lives. This afternoon will afford all students with an opportunity to ask
questions, learn from others, and engage in hands-on activities to learn how
to excel in and out of the classroom.

2:00 p.m. to 4:30p.m. Parent Track: Encouraging Success in All Ages and
Stages. Portsmouth 3 Ballroom, Beth Sellers, President, Virginia Parents of
Blind Children.

Join us as we dig into resources that are available in Virginia to promote
success for blind children and young adults in all stages of development.
Topics discussed will include IEPs, Transition, and Community Based Services
through DD Waiver. Question and Answer time will be available for topics
relevant to participants.

2:00 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. Senior Track: Seniors in Charge: Portsmouth 7 and 8
Ballrooms, Nancy Yeager, President. Our exciting senior seminar will cover a
broad range of topics including health and fitness, grocery shopping, new
mobile phone options specifically targeting seniors, how to use easy to use
reader services through a smartphone, programs of our national senior
division, and much more.

5:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. Project RISE Open House for Virginia students and
parents: Portsmouth 6 Ballroom, Kathryn Webster, Project RISE Program
Coordinator. Learn more about Project RISE, meet our team and ask your
questions.

5:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. Sighted Spouse/Significant Other/Partner Get
Together, Diane Bibb (wife of Dr. Patrick Johnson) and Sharon Soforenko
(wife of Affiliate President Tracy Soforenko) Coordinators, Commodore Room.

Come join us for an informal, candid and open conversation between sighted
partners of Virginia Federationists.  To encourage sharing, this meeting is
for sighted spouses only.

2019 Convention Banquet

Portsmouth 4 and 5 Ballrooms.

In Federation fashion, come dressed to impress as we celebrate our Banquet
on the Waterfront with a keynote address by National Representative Ron
Brown.

6:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. Pre-Banquet Reception (Cash Bar): Portsmouth Foyer.

7:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. Banquet Program - Charlie Brown, Master of
Ceremonies and Past President, NFB of Virginia:

*	Invocation-David Andrews, New Beginnings Outreach Center, Peninsula
Chapter, Hampden, Virginia.
*	2019 James F. Nelson Scholarship Awards Presentation-Patrick
Johnson, Scholarship Committee Chairperson, Christiansburg, Virginia
*	Banquet Address - Ron Brown, Second Vice President, National
Federation of the Blind
*	Portsmouth Regatta
*	Action Auction - Jacki Brown, Auctioneer

Sunday, November 3, 2019

8:00 a.m. to 8:50 a.m. Devotions: Portsmouth 6 ballroom.

Mark and Melody Roane, Coordinators

General Session

Portsmouth 5 Ballroom.

9:00 a.m. to 9:05 a.m. Invocation - Deborah Prost, Board Member, Tidewater
Chapter, Norfolk, Virginia.

9:05 a.m. to 9:25 a.m. Be Your Own Boss.

Annette Carr, Moderator, Fairfax, Virginia

Have you ever considered if you have what it takes to be your own boss?
Make your own hours.  Answer to no one. Bring in the big bucks.  Hear what
this panel of entrepreneurs have to say about the myths and facts of being
your own boss.

9:25 a.m. to 10:10 a.m. Business Session:

*	Audit Committee Report-Sean McMahon, Chairperson
*	Treasurer's Report-Mark Roane, Treasurer
*	SUN Committee Report: Sandy Halverson, Chairperson
*	2020 Richmond and Washington Seminars-Deepa Goraya and Derek
Manners, Legislative Directors
*	2020 National Convention, June 30 - July 5, Hilton Americas Hotel,
Houston, Texas
*	2020 NFB of Virginia Convention, October 30 - November 1, Westin
Tyson's Corner, Falls church, Virginia
*	Resolutions-Deepa Goraya, Chairperson

10:10 a.m. to 10:20 a.m. Action Auction.

10:20 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. Project RISE: Resilience, Independence,
Self-Advocacy, Employment. Kathryn Webster, Project RISE Program
Coordinator, National Federation of the Blind of Virginia, Arlington,
Virginia.

10:30 a.m. to 10:50 a.m. Breaking the Ropes: an interactive session on
owning your future, Joanne Wilson, Federation Leader, Alexandria, Virginia.
An interactive session to build your individual beliefs about blindness for
future growth.

10:50 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. Students are Paving the Path for Our Future - Sied
Rizvi, First Vice President, National Association of Blind Students, Austin,
Texas.

11:00 a.m. to 11:40 a.m. Interactive Town Hall Discussion with Ron Brown,
Second Vice President, National Federation of the Blind and Tracy Soforenko,
President.

11:40 a.m. to 11:50 a.m. Virginia Association of Blind Students Update,
Gerald Meredith, President.

11:50 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. Reports and Announcements.

12:00 p.m. General Session Adjourns.

12:00 to 1:00 PM Student Lunch Pick Up - Commodore Room

Thank you to our Tidewater and Peninsula Chapters for hosting the 2019 NFB
of Virginia State Convention. Your hospitality made us feel like family and
made our convention a success.

Dream Makers Circle

You can help build a future of opportunity for the blind by becoming a
member of our Dream Makers Circle. Your legacy gift to the National
Federation of the Blind or the National Federation of the Blind of Virginia
can be made in the form of a will or living trust, an income generating
gift, or by naming us as the beneficiary of a retirement plan, IRA, pension,
or a life insurance policy. You can designate a specific amount, a
percentage, or list NFB as one of several beneficiaries. For additional
information, please contact Patti Chang at (410) 659-9314, extension 2422 or
at pchang at nfb.org.

Vehicle Donations

The National Federation of the Blind uses car donations to improve the
education of blind children, distribute free white canes, help veterans, and
so much more. We have partnered with Vehicles for Charity to process donated
vehicles. Please call toll-free (855) 659-9314, and a representative can
make arrangements, or you can donate online by visiting
<http://www.nfb.org/vehicledonations> www.nfb.org/vehicledonations.

Tracy Soforenko

President, National Federation of the Blind of Virginia

202 285-4595

 <mailto:Tracy.soforenko at gmail.com> Tracy.soforenko at gmail.com

 <http://www.nfb.org> www.nfb.org

 <http://www.nfbv.org> www.nfbv.org

National Federation of the Blind. Live the Life You Want