[NFBV-Announce] Your 2 Must Reads Today!

Joe Orozco jsorozco at gmail.com
Wed Oct 9 18:00:52 UTC 2019

Hello everyone,

I just came across this term. It's called "flexitarian." What the hell
is a flexitarian you ask? I haven't looked it up, but to me it sounds
like vegetarians who roll out of bed and rediscover their love for a
Big Mac...

Regardless, flexitarians are not welcomed at state convention. Family
my foot. If you need special meals, you are going to firmly commit to
vegetarian, vegan, or good, wholesome, carnivorous yumminess. Gluten
free is already a thing at the hotel.

A couple weeks ago we disseminated an announcement for banquet meals.
That's all fine and well. We still need you to do this by October 25
to Sandy at: sjh300 at outlook.com, but we also need to hear from you for
the box lunches on Friday and Saturday. I'm setting that menu this
week, and I'd like to give a head count for vegetarian boxes. We could
theoretically give the hotel the same number of special meals we got
for banquet, but well, we're conscious some of you may come for lunch
but not stay for the big dinner. That, to me, is like ordering a
cheese burger without the cheese, but what do I know?

Okay, the other thing is that because there was a staff change at the
hotel, and there has been just enough wiggle wiggle to make me crazy,
we have two extra days for people who missed the hotel booking
deadline, even after we begged and pleaded you to do it early. So, if
you missed the hotel booking deadline, please do it before 5:00
tomorrow, October 10. All the details are here:

http://nfbv.org/convention

That does not extend the pre-registration deadline, only the hotel
booking deadline.

Wiggle wiggle. Hahaha, I have no idea why I felt the need to
incorporate that into an otherwise serious message on what is supposed
to be an otherwise serious mailing list, but it was so
uncharacteristically opposite of my stoic personality that it made me
grin. And in the middle of convention planning season, anything that
makes me grin is worthy of jotting down. And Tracy cannot yell at me
for banning flexitarians until after sun up tomorrow.

I cannot wait to see you in a few weeks!

Joe Orozco