[NFBV-Announce] NFB of Virginia Chapters and Divisions Go Virtual

tracy.soforenko at gmail.com tracy.soforenko at gmail.com
Fri Apr 10 18:41:25 UTC 2020

Hi Virginia Federation Family,

Now, more than ever, it is important to be connected with each other even if
we can't be together in person.  In this period of social distancing and
stay at home orders, it is great that our chapters and divisions are holding
meetings virtually to allow us to learn, connect and grow as a Federation
Family.

Some of our members are participating in programs being run by our national
office, national divisions, or other state affiliates. If there are specific
programming needs in Virginia, please reach out to me.  Uricka Harrison and
Corlis Jones are working to plan an initial set of programs such as a
Virginia Happy Hour, a talent showcase, lessons on using Zoom, and Face Book
training.

Here is the calendar of chapter and division meetings that have been
scheduled for April 2020. More may follow as the month progresses.

Almost all chapter and division meetings are using the Virginia Affiliate's
Zoom account and all meetings are open to the public.

All calls are available using the telephone dial in option or through the
free and totally accessible Zoom app on Windows, Apple IOS, or Google
Android. You can also access just using your Web Browser. Personally, I
think the call quality is better through the app, but it is something new
and some will prefer the phone option.

For all these services, it is important to be on mute when you are not
speaking. The presenter will provide instructions on unmuting to be heard.
Additionally, just like in-person Federation meetings, please preface your
comments by stating your name and being recognized by the organizer before
speaking.

Please note: Since so many people are using conference services across the
entire American population, it is smart to connect a few minutes in advance.
If you connect at 7:00 PM, the connection may be busy as so many people are
connecting right on the hour. You may wish to try a few minutes early (or
late) so you can get in.

NFB of Virginia virtual Meetings

The Zoom link and telephone conference call details are consistent for each
of the Zoom meetings this month.

https://zoom.us/j/8297256345

Telephone Dial: 6468769923

Meeting ID: 829 725 6345

One tap mobile

+16468769923,,8297256345#

However, the At Large, Peninsula and Fairfax chapters are not using Zoom and
have provided alternate dialing instructions with are listed after the
meeting date and time.

At Large Chapter Meeting featuring the Peliton Group Exercise App

Tuesday, April 14 at 8:00 PM

Dial: 877-394-5901

Passcode: 6149670

One touch dial:

8773945901,,,,6149670#

Potomac Chapter Meeting and elections

Wednesday, April 15 at 7:00 PM

Greater Williamsburg Chapter Meeting

Thursday, April 16 at 6:00 PM

Fairfax Chapter meeting

Thursday, April 16 at 7:00 PM

Dial: : 1-978-990-5000

Access Code: 305367#

Fredericksburg Area Chapter Meeting

Saturday, April 18 at 10:00 AM

Peninsula Chapter Meeting

Saturday, April 18 at 11:00 AM

Dial: 605-475-4825

Access code is 549778 and the pound key

Tidewater Chapter Meeting

Saturday, April 18 at 1:00 PM

Prince William County chapter

Tuesday, April 21 at 7:00 PM

Virginia Seniors Division meeting

Wednesday, April 22 at 7:00 PM

Chesapeake Bay Chapter

Saturday, April 25 at 11:00 AM

Richmond Chapter

Monday, April 27 at 6:30 PM

Greater Alexandria Chapter

Thursday, April 30 at 7:00 PM

I suspect more chapters and divisions will be holding meetings. We will
provide updates each week with details.

Tracy Soforenko

President, National Federation of the Blind of Virginia

202 285-4595

 <mailto:Tracy.soforenko at gmail.com> Tracy.soforenko at gmail.com

 <http://www.nfb.org> www.nfb.org

 <http://www.nfbv.org> www.nfbv.org

National Federation of the Blind. Live the Life You Want