[NFBV-Announce] Let's FUN raise with The GAC

jackibruce6 at gmail.com jackibruce6 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 5 04:06:33 UTC 2020

Hey NFB Family and Friends,

Read on for a  way to have a  great time and FUN Raise!

**Hello my NFB Family!  This is a sweet and joyful reminder to RSVP for the
GAC CYBER CHRISTMAS which will be held December 12th from 5:00 p.m. to 8:00
p.m.!  The deadline is tomorrow, the 5th.but I have connections and, if you
are a little late getting your RSVP in, I might be able to twist some
Holiday arms!  So, HURRY UP and RSVP!  I wouldn't want you to miss the fun!
Scroll down for all the particulars!!

HAPPY HOLIDAYS, NFB FAMILY

This is a little bit long, so please bear with me!  Take a break if you need
to and grab some egg nog and a cookie, but come back! Ha, ha!

First things first - In the last several years, the Greater Alexandria
Chapter has shared our Christmas Spirit with some very special people in our
community.  For two years, we collected and donated toys for Toys for Tots.
Last year, we raised money and "adopted" a reader with Seedlings-Braille
books for children.  Our donation provided our Elijah with Braille books and
loving wishes!  This year, we would like your help with a new project -
OPERATION ELF! Nearly 150 children of Alexandria inmates will  receive toys,
games, books and other gifts this holiday season, thanks to Operation Elf
supporters and the Sheriff's Office.  If you would like to participate and
need more information, please contact Evelyn Valdez, (908) 803-4891 or
evelyn.valdez at va.gov <mailto:evelyn.valdez at va.gov>  .  Thank you all for
your support!

ARE YOU STILL WITH ME?  THE FUN STUFF IS COMING!

In these times of masks and social distancing, it can get a little boring
around the home front!  Well.not to worry my Friends!  The Greater
Alexandria Chapter (our friends call us GAC!) has the perfect answer for the
Holiday Hum Drums!

THE HOLIDAYS ARE GOING VIRTUAL WITH OUR OWN UNIQUE

GAC CYBER CHRISTMAS!

Watch out Rudolf! GAC is partying through the airwaves! And we hope you will
join us!

WHEN, you ask? Saturday, December 12th from 5:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. (Just
enough time to get in lots of fun trouble!)

WHY, you wonder? Silly!  There will be so much fun going on, you won't know
where to start.so that's why I'll help you!  We will have:

GAMES! - Aaron and his little Elves have planned some fun Holiday games to
challenge your mind and your funny bone! If you choose this GAME EXCURSION,
we ask that you pay $5.00 for infinite laughs and joy!

DECORATE A TREE! - Yes!  You read that right!  Evelyn and Arielle have been
working directly with Mrs. Claus on this one!  If you choose this DECORATING
PACKAGE, you will receive, in the mail, a Felt Christmas Tree DIY Kit that
comes with your very own Green Felt Flat Christmas Tree, a beautiful ribbon
to hang it with, and 28 3-D adorable little ornaments to decorate your tree,
as a group-NO GLUE GUN REQUIRED!  If you choose this DECORATING PACKAGE, we
ask that you pay $15.00, the price of the materials, mailing the kit
directly to you.and endless holiday joy!  I will also need your mailing
address, but more about that later!

PERSONALIZED MUG WITH HOT CHOCOLATE AND FIXINGS! - That's right! With this
very special Holiday package, you get your own personalized Holiday MUG,
some delicious hot chocolate and tiny little marshmallows, which we will
make and enjoy together(!),  If you choose this MUG/HOT CHOCOLATE PACKAGE,
we ask that you pay $15.00, the price of the Hot Chocolate and Mug DIY Kit!
Oh! And crazy fun and joy!  You will receive this kit in your mailbox so I
will need your address.

WHAT IS THE FINE PRINT, you suspiciously wonder?

v RSVP NO LATER THAN 6:00 P.M., SATURDAY, DECEMBER 5TH - OR SOONER! (And if
you're a little late, I will personally twist some serious Holiday arms!)

o Send an email to reneerome at yahoo.com <mailto:reneerome at yahoo.com>  with
the following information:

* Your name and the name of others you might bring along

* Which package you choose and how many you want

. GAME EXCURSION - $5.00 per person

. DECORATE A TREE - $15.00 per person

. PERSONALIZED MUG/HOT CHOCOLATE - $15.00 per person. IN YOUR EMAIL, PLEASE
INCLUDE THE NAME YOU WANT ON THE MUG.

o If you choose either DECORATE A TREE OR PERSPNALIZED MUG packages, I will
need your mailing address with your RSVP so we can mail your kit directly to
you. If you wish to order kits for a friend, please include their name and
address.

o There are several ways to pay for all of this fun!

* PAYPAL - Please send your payment (for you and any guests you include)
through PAYPAL using the following email:  NFBVGAC1 at GMAIL.COM
<mailto:NFBVGAC1 at GMAIL.COM>

* If you don't have PAYPAL, feel free to mail your check payable to NFB GAC,
to:

Renee Valdez

3934 Woodhue Pl

Alexandria, VA 22309

IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS OR NEED FURTHER INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT RENEE
VALDEZ BY CELL AT (703) 966-0836 OR EMAIL reneerome at yahoo.com
<mailto:reneerome at yahoo.com>

OH!  I know some of you are wondering what Renee and Josh were up to while
everyone else was working so hard.Well.

.We were chillin' with Santa and Blitzen!  Blitzen found Aaron's eggnog and
he and Santa got a little out of control!

HO, HO, HO!!

Hope to see you on the 12th!  I'll be there...with BELLS on!!  Ha, ha!!  Get
it? BELLS...Christmas...!  Ha, ha...

Renee F. Valdez, M.A.

Secretary/Treasurer, NFB Greater Alexandria Chapter

Peace,

Jacki Bruce

 <mailto:jackibruce6 at gmail.com> mailto:jackibruce6 at gmail.com
 <tel:(757)291-1789> tel:(757)291-1789
 <http://www.nfb.org/> www.nfb.org
 <http://www.nfbv.org/> www.nfbv.org

together to help blind people live the lives they want