[NFBV-Announce] Weekly zoom Dec. 7 to Dec. 12

jackibruce6 at gmail.com jackibruce6 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 7 03:30:33 UTC 2020

Hey NFB Family and Friends,

I  hope everyone has had a  good week and, although it may have looked
different this year, I  hope everyone had an enjoyable Thanksgiving!

Please be sure to read our Spotlight Section!  Exciting things are happening
within our chapters.   Please continue to provide  all of the innovative
topics you'll be talking about in your meetings.  Let's take this
opportunity to visit different chapters and learn from each other.  Thank
you.

Spotlight on.

On Tuesday, December 8th, at 8:00 pm.  The At Large Chapter will be
discussing Holiday Traditions.  The traditions you love and the ones you
wish your family would embrace and love too!  They will also talk about
zooming their meetings,  if time permits.

On Wednesday, December 9th at 7:30 pm.  The Prince William Chapter will have
a  panel of 3  podcasters.  Do you have good communication skills and a
topic you are expert on?  Have you ever wanted to start a  podcast or talk
with people who have? Then this chapter meeting is for you!  Oscar and 2  of
his cohorts with  answer your questions and tell you all about podcasting!
If that wasn't enough,  they will also be discussing Richmond and Washington
Seminars!  Hang with the cool  kids  and join!

Don't forget about the 2  Holiday Fun raisers.  I  hope you have your
tickets!  If you don't, hurry up you're running out of time! Grab your
family and snacks get comfortable and prepare to laugh and laugh while you
watch and listen to Moody McCarthy. This laugh filled night costs a mere 10
dollars per person and the funds raised help the Potomac Chapter  continue
their NFB mission.  Click the link or copy it in your browser to make your
payment.

<https://checkout.square.site/buy/2NG5CBHVGLVP6LOWJVS7TXH4?t=1605838977.6713
6>
https://checkout.square.site/buy/2NG5CBHVGLVP6LOWJVS7TXH4?t=1605838977.67136
or contact Sean McMahon  <mailto:Sean.Mcmahan at gmail.com>
mailto:Sean.Mcmahan at gmail.com or  <tel:%201-520-247-2197> phone
520-247-2197.  For all other questions, contact Naim at
<mailto:nmabuelhawa at gmail.com> mailto:nmabuelhawa at gmail.com.

The Greater Alexandria Chapter is having a  rip roaring good time on
Saturday, December 12th, 6  to 8  pm.  I  heard Blitzen and some elves will
be hanging out playing games and having laughs.    5  dollars per person is
all you will pay to have fun and support the mission of the GAC!

PAYPAL - Please send your payment (for you and any guests you include)
through PAYPAL using the following email:   <mailto:NFBVGAC1 at GMAIL.COM>
NFBVGAC1 at GMAIL.COM

If you don't have PAYPAL, feel free to mail your check payable to NFB GAC,
to:

Renee Valdez

3934 Woodhue Pl

Alexandria, VA 22309

If you have any questions or need further information, please contact Renee
Valdez by cell at (703) 966-0836 or email  <mailto:reneerome at yahoo.com>
reneerome at yahoo.com

The Chesapeake Bay Chapter is doing a hybrid meeting.  They will be on
conference call (see below) as well as in person at Gus and Georges
Spaghetti and Steak Restaurant at 4312 Virginia Beach Blvd, Va Beach at 11am
on Saturday, December 19th.  All health and safety measures are being taken.
If you choose to attend, please wear your mask!  In addition to their
regular meeting and officer elections, they will be having a social, lunch,
and yummy cookies and desserts.

Almost all chapter and division meetings are using the Virginia Affiliate's
Zoom account and all meetings are open to the public.  If a meeting is using
an alternate platform, the phone number or instructions to join will follow
the meeting name.

Here's how to join:

Zoom Link
<https://zoom.us/j/8297256345?pwd=SFAyamlQNU44ZTJ6dUZNMTV4RmhCQT09>
https://zoom.us/j/8297256345?pwd=SFAyamlQNU44ZTJ6dUZNMTV4RmhCQT09

One tap mobile
 <tel:%20+13017158592,,8297256345> tel: +13017158592,,8297256345#
Telephone Dial: 1 (301) 715-8592

Meeting ID: 829 725 6345#

If needed the password is 20201940

The meetings this week..more to come.

At Large Chapter Meeting

Tuesday, December 8th  8:00 pm.

Conference call Phone No.:
877-394-5901
Passcode:
6149670
One touch dial:
8773945901,,,,6149670#

Prince William Chapter

Thursday, December 10th  7:30 pm.

Potomac Chapter

Ladies Night

Saturday, December 12th  7:00 pm.

Join us Saturday night and we'll chat!  Game night!  What will it be this
month?

Winchester Chapter

Wednesday, December 16th  7:00 pm.

Williamsburg Chapter

Thursday, December 17th  6:00 pm.

Fairfax Chapter

Thursday, December 17th  7:00 pm.

Fredericksburg Chapter

Saturday, December 19th  10:00 am.

Peninsula Chapter

Saturday, December 19th  11:00 am.

Conference call Phone No.:
605-475-4825
Passcode:
549778
One touch dial:
 <tel:16054754825,,,549778> 16054754825,,,549778#

Chesapeake Bay Chapter

Saturday, December 19th  11:00 am.

Conference call Phone No.:
605-468-8758
Passcode:
197498
One touch dial:
 <tel:16054754825,,,549778> 16054754825,,,549778#

Tidewater Chapter

Saturday, December 19th  1:30 pm.

Richmond Chapter

Monday, December 28th  6:30 pm.

Enjoy your week.

Peace,

Jacki Bruce

 <mailto:jackibruce6 at gmail.com> mailto:jackibruce6 at gmail.com
 <tel:(757)291-1789> tel:(757)291-1789
 <http://www.nfb.org/> www.nfb.org
 <http://www.nfbv.org/> www.nfbv.org

together to help blind people live the lives they want