[NFBV-Announce] Monday (2/3) noon Deadline for Boxed Lunch & RSVP for February 9 Member Recruitment & Retention Training Seminar in Tysons Corner

tracy.soforenko at gmail.com tracy.soforenko at gmail.com
Sun Feb 2 17:12:46 UTC 2020

>From Sandy Halverson, First Vice President and Membership Chair

sjh300 at outlook.com

(703) 379-1141 (home)

Our membership seminar on Sunday, February 9 is exactly 1 week away.

However, Monday, February 3 at Noon is the final deadline for  boxed lunch
orders

Call or email me before Noon on Monday if  you want a boxed lunch. Please
let me know if you want the meat or vegetarian option.

Our $10 boxed lunch is highly subsidized by the affiliate and Joe Orozco
needs the orders from me by Monday Noon.

Additionally, regardless of your interest in the boxed lunch, we need to
know who will be attending the seminar so we can more effectively plan our
interactive programming. You are expected to RSVP by Monday.

Details are below.

We all want to grow our chapters and share our Federation message. Our
programming on Sunday (2/9) afternoon will help us to recruit and retain
members. Make the commitment to grow our chapters and yourself through this
exciting seminar.

Growing the Federation is key to helping others share in the gift that is
our movement.

However, each of our chapters and divisions can improve in our efforts to
recruit, educate and retain members. This is why we have developed a seminar
focused on answering the following questions:

*	How do I effectively recruit new people to learn more and join our
chapter or division?
*	How do we teach people what it means to be a member, about the
Federation and our positive philosophy on blindness?
*	How do we convince people to keep coming back and become active
members of our organization?

If these questions speak to you, please join us on Sunday, February 9 in
Tysons Corner for a seminar featuring Anil Lewis, Executive Director for
Blindness Initiatives, National Federation of the Blind. Before joining our
national leadership team on staff in Baltimore, Anil served as an extremely
successful President of the Georgia affiliate. During his tenure in Georgia,
the affiliate and its chapters experienced tremendous growth and success.
Together, we will learn how to bring this success to our organization in
Virginia.

Anil and others will share their techniques and you will participate in
numerous interactive exercises to grow your capacity to recruit and retain
Federation members. This is an event you will not want to miss.

This seminar will be held on the Sunday afternoon (2/9) prior to our 2020
Washington seminar.

It will be held immediately following a Project RISE and national mentoring
weekend event at the Westin Tysons Corner in Falls Church Virginia. This is
the same location we held our August 2019 Board of Directors meeting and
will be the site of our 2020 National Federation of the Blind of Virginia
State Convention.

Exact timing and meeting rooms are still being worked out, but we have a few
details that we can share right away.

Lunch will start around 12:00 or 12:30 and the meeting will be over between
4:00 PM and 4:30 PM.

A.	Boxed Lunch - If you will be attending, we are offering a boxed
lunch at a very subsidized rate of $10 per person. We need to know that you
wish to participate in the lunch by Monday, February 3 at Noon. The hotel is
offering a meat and a vegetarian option. We did not get more specifics on
the sandwiches so we can't answer your specific lunch requests. Boxed lunch
orders are made by contacting Sandy Halverson. Please state meat or
vegetarian when you place your order. You are not required to order a lunch
to attend but you are required to tell us if you are attending in advance.

If you are coming, we need to know by Monday, February 3 at Noon.

Call or email Sandy.

sjh300 at outlook.com <mailto:sjh300 at outlook.com>

703 379-1141

If you have additional questions about the program, please contact Sandy
Halverson

Growing our membership is vitally important to our movement and we know it
is important to you. If financial assistance is needed to participate in
this program, do not hesitate to contact Tracy Soforenko to discuss
financial assistance.

Tracy Soforenko

President, National Federation of the Blind of Virginia

202 285-4595

Tracy.soforenko at gmail.com <mailto:Tracy.soforenko at gmail.com>

www.nfb.org <http://www.nfb.org>

www.nfbv.org <http://www.nfbv.org>

National Federation of the Blind. Live the Life You Want