[NFBV-Announce] In person and Virtual Student Workshop for Applying for the NFBNational Scholarship and convention scholarships

Tracy Soforenko tracy.soforenko at gmail.com
Thu Feb 13 17:54:18 UTC 2020

>From Nick Patrillo, President, Virginia Association of Blind Students

vabs.president at gmail.com

703-346-9981

Hello Virginia Students,

We want to encourage students across Virginia to apply for one of 30 NFB
 National College Scholarships. Additionally, if you have never attended an
NFB national convention, we want to encourage you to apply for the Virginia
McDonald Fellowship and National Kenneth Jernigan Convention Scholarship.

Please join me, and Tracey Soforenko on February 16th. We will be learning
about the process of applying to scholarships to national convention! Bring
your laptops, or whatever you use to write. As we will start the process
right there with you. We will also have people their to look at your
writing, and offer feedback.

Dinner is being provided by the Soforenko Family, so come hungry.

Where: 1511 N. Jackson Street, Arlington, VA  22201

The location is just 2 blocks from the Clarendon Metro Station
When   Sunday, February 16 from 5:00 pm to 7:00 pm

We really need to know if you are attending in person in advance. Please
let us know so we have sufficient food.

If you can’t attend in person, you can attend over the phone.

Please join at 5:30 pm.
Dial 712,770,5600,,568305
If you have any questions please reach out.

best,

Nick Petrillo
Virginia Association of Blind Students| President
vabs.president at gmail.com