[NFBV-Announce] Speak Your Mind, Post Script

Joe Orozco jsorozco at gmail.com
Tue Jul 21 12:04:18 UTC 2020

Thank you to everyone who has already taken the opportunity to voice their opinions on the virtual convention. By golly, you’re never this quick to respond, and the feedback is triggering the creative juices! In order to help jumpstart other responses moving forward, you should be aware of some of the preconceived notions motivating my initial recommendations to our president.

First, I am not in favor of using the Crowd Compass app for our state convention. I thought it made sense for something as broad and multilayered as the national convention. I am not convinced it makes sense for the smaller scale of a state program. I am all about maximizing great content while minimizing the potential for technical glitch, but if you vehemently disagree, please let us hear from you by using this survey.

Second, I am in favor of asking for a nominal registration fee. We saved money by not flying to Houston. We’re going to save more money by not paying for an in-person convention in Northern Virginia. Requesting a small fee to help affiliate programs remain operational makes sense to me. Again though, if you vehemently disagree, well, you’re entitled to be wrong... 😊 Deep, very deep down, you’re going to miss me when I leave Virginia.

Again, we will have an involved conversation about this on August 1, but I wanted to give you a sense of the kind of feedback we’re hoping you will include in your responses. Remember, three minutes spent now could help you have a more enjoyable weekend later!

The survey can be found at:

http://nfbv.org/survey

Thank you so much for being you!

Joe Orozco