[NFBV-Announce] Weekly General Assembly Report

jackibruce6 at gmail.com jackibruce6 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 9 02:53:20 UTC 2021

Hey NFB Family and Friends,

Please read below for a  new weekly update from Stewart Prost.

Greetings Federation Family,

After discussion with our affiliate president, I will be sending out a
weekly status report on legislation that we as an organization has promoted
to members of the Virginia General Assembly.  Here is the status of our
bills:

*	Priority #1-Accessible Absentee Voting

*	HB-1888-Patron VanValkenburg-passed the House of Delegates-referred
to Senate Committee on Privileges and Elections for what is now a special
session.
*	SB1331-Patron Reaves-Passed Senate-Referred to the House Priviledges
and Elections Committee-continued to special session.

*	Priority #2:  Streamlining the Hiring Processes for Persons With
Disabilities in State Employment

*	HB 2140-Patron Guzman-Passed the House-Referred to Senate General
Laws and Technology-continued to Special Session.

*	Priority #3-Add Disability to Virginia Human Rights Act

*	HB 1848-Patron Sickes-Passed the House and referred to the Senate
General Laws and Technology-Continued to Special Session

*	Priority #4-Making crosswalks Safer for Drivers and Blind
Pedestrians

*	HB 1841-Patron Keam-Passed House with substitution studying the
issue-referred to Senate Transportation Committee-Continued to Special
Session.

I will be sending these reports out weekly.

Regards,

Stewart Prost

Peace,

Jacki Bruce

 <mailto:jackibruce6 at gmail.com> mailto:jackibruce6 at gmail.com
 <tel:(757)291-1789> tel:(757)291-1789
 <http://www.nfb.org/> www.nfb.org
 <http://www.nfbv.org/> www.nfbv.org

together to help blind people live the lives they want