[NFBV-Announce] Greater Alexandria Invite!

jackibruce6 at gmail.com jackibruce6 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 27 15:10:54 UTC 2021

Hey NFB Family and Friends,

Please read below and join the Greater Alexandria Chapter Thursday for their
fun and informational packed meeting.

Please note the zoom link! This meeting is not on our regular affiliate
zoom.

Hello my Greater Alexandria chapter Family!  I miss you all so much!  It has
been a very wild time for us, December was a whirlwind with our awesome
Christmas Party and fundraising and donating !  And January was not much
slower with the preparation and execution of Richmond Seminar!  WHEW!  I'm
tired!

Well, I hope you're all rested up and ready for our next GAC Meeting this
Thursday, January 28th at 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.  We have a great meeting
planned!  (I have to tell you, I will be leading the meeting this month as
part of my CLI requirement and I'm nervous as heck!)  We have all the coo
stuff we usually do, like hear updates and reports.  We also have two
visitors I am REALLY looking forward to:

 Anil Lewis,  Executive Director of the National Federation of the Blind
Jernigan Institute

Shawn Callaway,  President, DC Affilliate, Chair, Diversity and Inclusion
Committee, National

We will be learning about recruitment/retention with the diversity and
inclusion twist.

I'm very excited about  Thursday night and I'm hoping you will ALL be there!
Maybe I'll get extra points for high attendance!

Here is the link for our meeting:

https://zoom.us/j/6025022255

One-tap: 646-558-8656,,6025022255#

I can't wait to see you there!

Renee F. Valdez, M.A.

Secretary/Treasurer, NFB Greater Alexandria Chapter

Vice President, Northern VA Regional Local Human Rights Committee

Peace,

Jacki Bruce

 <mailto:jackibruce6 at gmail.com> mailto:jackibruce6 at gmail.com
 <tel:(757)291-1789> tel:(757)291-1789
 <http://www.nfb.org/> www.nfb.org
 <http://www.nfbv.org/> www.nfbv.org

together to help blind people live the lives they want