[NFBV-Announce] Virginia Caucus Follow Up: Telephone number to vote & Resolution Voting Guidance

tracy.soforenko at gmail.com tracy.soforenko at gmail.com
Fri Jul 9 19:38:18 UTC 2021

Hi Virginia Federationistst,

At our Virginia Caucus, we were asked to provide the phone number to be used
for voting and  details on who gets to vote on resolutions.

The voting number is:

667-206-6677

>From our agenda, this information was provided.

Note 3: Voting for national elections and resolutions will be conducted via
SMS (text messaging) and phone. To be eligible to vote, attendees must be
current Federation members and have registered for convention by May 31. The
phone number for voting is 667-206

-6677. You may choose to program this number into your phone. The number and
voting instructions will be sent via email to qualified voters in addition
to being posted to the convention information page.

How Voting will work for elections and Resolutions:

>From our Rules of Engagement found at:

https://nfb.org/images/nfb/publications/bm/bm21/bm2106/bm210603.htm

All voting will be done via phone.

Any matter must receive 51 percent support of the votes cast by the
convention voters present and voting in order to be affirmed.

Resolutions

1.	Resolutions to be presented to the convention must proceed through
the resolutions committee process as usual.
2.	Resolutions being recommended to the convention by the committee
will be posted to the web at http://www.nfb.org/resolutions by 8:00 p.m.
eastern or three hours after the committee meeting (whichever is later) on
July 7, 2021.
3.	Affiliate delegations will be encouraged to discuss resolutions
during their state caucus on July 9.
4.	Those wishing to speak for or against a resolution on the floor of
the convention must submit their interest in doing so by sending an email to
resolutions at nfb.org <mailto:resolutions at nfb.org>  by 5:30 p.m. eastern on
July 9. The email must contain the individual's full name, state affiliate,
number of the resolution they wish to discuss, whether they are for or
against the resolution, and a phone number where they can best be reached in
case there is an issue with the Zoom platform.
5.	Reminders will be given at each of the general sessions prior to the
deadline regarding the above process.

In determining the amount of debate a resolution requires, the chair may use
the Zoom polling option to get a sense of the crowd, ask the delegates for
their feeling on cutting off debate, or engage some other strategy outside
of the voting system to gauge the sense of the convention.

Tracy Soforenko

President, National Federation of the Blind of Virginia

202 285-4595

 <mailto:Tracy.soforenko at gmail.com> Tracy.soforenko at gmail.com

 <http://www.nfb.org> www.nfb.org

 <http://www.nfbv.org> www.nfbv.org

National Federation of the Blind. Live the Life You Want