[NFBV-Announce] In person meetings and zoom!

jackibruce6 at gmail.com jackibruce6 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 26 03:20:45 UTC 2021

Hey NFB  Family and Friends,

How exciting, our Chapters are starting to meet in person!  After, what
seems like a  lifetime, we are getting together again.  Please be safe and
follow CDC guidelines to be sure everything stays open and we don't have
another Covid spike. Remember  masks are sexy!

Kudos Corner.

This week we're celebrating EVERYONE!  Way to go, you did it, you made it.
Congratulations.

I  love to celebrate everyone but I  love to celebrate individuals more.
Please let me know what rocks your world and let your NFB Family share in
your happiness.

Spotlight On.

Hello Federation family and friends,

Please mark your calendar's to attend the diversity and inclusion committee
meeting which is open to everyone. We are excited that we will have speakers
from the national Center regarding the Asian, pacific islander and Latino,
Hispanic subcommittees.

This meeting will take place on the Virginia zoom link on Tuesday, August 3,
2021 from 7 PM to 8:30 PM.

Please come and learn about the different cultures within the Federation.
They will share stories and you will have an opportunity to ask questions.

More information will follow. So stay tuned!

Chris Walker, President  Winchester Chapter

chrisvinson1 at gmail.com <mailto:chrisvinson1 at gmail.com>

540.303.0080

The Greater Williamsburg Chapter will have Bill Caruso, DBVI, as a  speaker.
He will discuss advancements in technology and accessibility for the blind.

The Tidewater Chapter will have Roger Behm, Owner, Adaptive Information
Systems, a  dealer for Humanware, as a  speaker.  He will be talking about
assistive  Technology.

Many of our Chapters are meeting in person, please check the Chapter
Meetings section to join in a   meeting.  All meetings are open to the
public.    Chapters and Divisions are using the Affiliate Zoom link, if a
meeting is using an alternate platform, the phone number or instructions to
join will follow the meeting name.

Here's how to join:

Zoom Link https://zoom.us/j/8297256345?pwd=SFAyamlQNU44ZTJ6dUZNMTV4RmhCQT09

One tap mobile
 <tel:%20+13017158592,,8297256345> tel: +13017158592,,8297256345#
Telephone Dial: 1 (301) 715-8592

Meeting ID: 829 725 6345#

If needed the password is 20201940

Chapter and Division Meetings

At Large Tuesday, August 10th,  8  pm  conference call number  877-394-5901
meeting id   :6149670

Prince William  August 11th Wednesday 7:30  pm

Potomac August 12th Thursday 7  PM. St. George's, Episcopal Church, 915
North Oakland Street, Arlington, 22203.

Greater Williamsburg Thursday August 19th  6  pm. Center Street Grill, 5101
Center Street, Williamsburg,23188.

Fairfax Thursday August 19th 7  pm

Fredericksburg Saturday August 21st 10 am

Winchester Saturday,  August 21st 10:00 AM. Solenberger's True Value
Hardware, 832 Berryville Avenue, Winchester,  22601.  Call in number is
978-990-5395. The meeting id number is 1566808.

Peninsula Saturday August 21st 11:00 am.  Conference call number
605-475-4825  meeting id 549778

Tidewater Saturday  August 21st 1:30 PM (1:00 lunch start) . Bangkok
Gardens, 417 West 21st Street, Norfolk 23517.

Seniors Division, Wednesday August 25th , 7:00 pm

Greater Alexandria Thursday August 26th  7  pm

Chesapeake Bay Saturday August 28th 11 am. Gus and George's Spaghetti and
Steak House, 4312 Virginia Beach Blvd., Va. Beach, zip  23456. Conf. call
phone num. 605 468 8758  and the access code is 197498.

Richmond Monday August 23rd 6:30 PM.

Get out there, safely and with a  smile and   enjoy your week.

Peace,

Jacki Bruce

 <mailto:jackibruce6 at gmail.com> mailto:jackibruce6 at gmail.com
 <tel:(757)291-1789> tel:(757)291-1789
 <http://www.nfb.org/> www.nfb.org
 <http://www.nfbv.org/> www.nfbv.org

together to help blind people live the lives they want