[NFBV-Announce] Zoom...at the beach, the park, wherever!

jackibruce6 at gmail.com jackibruce6 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 7 05:28:06 UTC 2021

Hey NFB  Family and Friends,

It may not be the official start of summer but based on the weather, traffic
and crowds, I  think summer has begun!  I  hope everyone has enjoyed their
week and  remember zoom is portable; you can join our Affiliate from
anywhere. Check out what's going on this week and pop in.

Some of our Chapters have begun meeting in person.  Please read the Chapter
Meetings section before attending a  meeting. It's great if you attend in
person but all chapters are providing alternate means, by zoom or conference
call, for those who would like that option.

Kudos Corner.

Way to go, DeWayzha Crews!  In addition to her full time  studies at The
Richmond Center, DeWayzha was chosen to mentor another student.  Keep up the
great work, we're all cheering you on.

The Jones Family is  raising the roof this weekend!  Corlis and T's
granddaughter graduated from High School and their Grandson graduated from
ROTC.Best of luck and Blessings as you both venture into everything life
offers.

Spotlight On.

Attention Ladies Night fans.during the summer months, June, July and August,
Ladies Night will be on the 2nd and 4th Saturday of the month, starting at
7:00 PM.  The June 12th theme will be Hobbies.  What do you do in your spare
time?  Join us Saturday and we'll chat.

Each year pride month is celebrated in the month of June. The diversity and
inclusion committee would like to recognize the LGBTQ community and allies a
happy pride month. Why is pride month celebrate it? Please check out the
video below. In the Federation we believe in inclusion which means
everybody.

https://youtu.be/hITTnxxB800

Chris Walker, President  Winchester Chapter

Almost all chapter and division meetings are using the Virginia Affiliate's
Zoom account and all meetings are open to the public.  If a meeting is using
an alternate platform, the phone number or instructions to join will follow
the meeting name.

Here's how to join:

Zoom Link https://zoom.us/j/8297256345?pwd=SFAyamlQNU44ZTJ6dUZNMTV4RmhCQT09

One tap mobile
 <tel:%20+13017158592,,8297256345> tel: +13017158592,,8297256345#
Telephone Dial: 1 (301) 715-8592

Meeting ID: 829 725 6345#

If needed the password is 20201940

Chapter Meetings.

At Large.  We are taking a  summer break.  Our next meeting will be on
Tuesday, August 10th, at 8:00 PM

Prince William, Wednesday June 9th,7:30 PM.

Potomac, Thursday, June 10th, 7:00  PM.

Winchester,Wednesday, June 16th, 7:00 PM  Solenberger's True Value
Hardware,832 Berryville Ave, Winchester, VA 22601. The conference call
number  978-990-5395, Access code 1566808.

Greater Williamsburg, Thursday, June 17th, 6:00 PM.

Fairfax, Thursday, June 17th, 7:00 PM.

Fredericksburg, Saturday, June 19th, 10:00 AM.

Peninsula, Saturday, June 19th, 11:00 AM, conference call number
605-475-4825.  meeting ID: 549778.

Tidewater, Saturday, June 19th, 1:30 PM.

Seniors Division, Wednesday, June 23rd, 7:00 PM.

Greater Alexandria, Thursday, June 24th, 7:00 PM.

Richmond, Monday, June 28th, 6:30 PM.

Please let me know how amazing you or your friends are, we all want to
celebrate with you in our Kudos Corner.  Enjoy your week and smile!

Peace,

Jacki Bruce

 <mailto:jackibruce6 at gmail.com> mailto:jackibruce6 at gmail.com
 <tel:(757)291-1789> tel:(757)291-1789
 <http://www.nfb.org/> www.nfb.org
 <http://www.nfbv.org/> www.nfbv.org

together to help blind people live the lives they want