[NFBV-Announce] Attention: Parents of blind children

jackibruce6 at gmail.com jackibruce6 at gmail.com
Wed May 12 18:28:06 UTC 2021

Welcome to

The National Federation of the Blind of Virginia!

Do you want to meet other parents of blind and low-vision children?

Are you looking for positive blind role models for your kids?

Are you looking for fun, engaging summer learning opportunities for your
kids?

The National Federation of the Blind of Virginia (NFBV) is here for you!

Consider one of our FREE programs this summer/fall:

*	Braille Enrichment for Literacy and Learning (BELL): Two-week
virtual summer program for kids (ages 4-12) to build literacy, meet positive
blind role models, and have fun!
*	NFB national convention: Five days of virtual workshops (July 6-10)
for you to learn from other parents of blind children across the country.
Fun workshops for teens (ages 11-18).
*	Project RISE: Year-round mentoring, career preparation, and
confidence building for teens (ages 14-21).
*	Talk one-on-one with our experienced staff and volunteers to set up
supports for your child in the classroom and beyond!
*	Other opportunities to network with local families!

Want to learn more?

Contact Tracy Soforenko, NFBV president, at

 <mailto:president at nfbv.org> president at nfbv.org

Or, check out these links:

BELL Program:

 <http://www.nfb.org/bell> www.nfb.org/bell

BELL video:

 <https://youtu.be/5lmnWzq8XpI> https://youtu.be/5lmnWzq8XpI

NFB National Convention (register for free):

 <http://www.nfb.org/convention> www.nfb.org/convention

Project RISE:

 <http://www.nfbv.org/rise> www.nfbv.org/rise