[NFBV-Announce] Join us for the NFBV Board of directors Meeting. Saturday 8/6 at 1 PM

jackibruce6 at gmail.com jackibruce6 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 3 16:53:07 UTC 2022

>From Tracy Soforenko, President

Hi Virginia Federationists:

We have planned an exciting August 6 NFB of Virginia Board of Directors
meeting.

Like our upcoming state convention, this board meeting is an in-person
meeting with a limited virtual experience. We will be providing a Zoom link
but presenters will be in person and questions and suggestions must be
emailed, texted, or called in. We Will not be unmuting Zoom participants and
voting will be conducted in person only.

We welcome everyone to participate in our Saturday, August 6 Board of
Directors meeting.

Date:                   Saturday, August 6 from 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm.  ET

If you have feedback, you can provide it via one of the following
mechanisms:

*	Provide it through the chat feature within the Zoom app to our Zoom
Host, Wayne Williams.
*	Email jackibruce6 at gmail.com <mailto:jackibruce6 at gmail.com>  with
your questions. Or comments.

Text or call in your comments and questions by texting Jacki at 757-291-1789

The in-person meeting is occurring at the Library & Resource Center
Conference Room at the DBVI campus in Richmond.

Virginia Affiliate Zoom Details:

Zoom Link https://zoom.us/j/8297256345?pwd=SFAyamlQNU44ZTJ6dUZNMTV4RmhCQT09

One tap mobile
 <tel:%20+13017158592,,8297256345> tel: +13017158592,,829725634n5#
Telephone Dial: 1 (301) 715-8592

Meeting ID: 829 725 6345#

If needed the password is 20201940

Meeting Agenda:

Meeting of the Board of Directors

August 6, 2022

1:00 P.M. - 4:00 P.M.

Meeting Agenda:

I.	.                    Call to Order and Roll Call.
II.	Secretary's Report, Mausam Mehta, Recording Secretary
Approval of Minutes from May 7, 2022, Meeting of the NFBV Board of
Directors.
III.	.                Treasurer's Report, Mark Roane
IV.	NFB of Virginia James Nelson Scholarship
V.	Silver Bells Program - Joe Orozco
VI.	Project RISE Update - Joe Orozco
VII.	Virginia Chapter Leadership Institute Joe Orozco

VIII.	The 2022 NFB of Virginia State Convention

a.      Nature and structure of the in-person convention with a limited
virtual experience - Tracy Soforenko

b.      Interactive discussion of ideas for Agenda Topics

c.      Virtual Experience - Jacki Bruce

d.      Registration and Fees - Joe Orozco and Mark Roane

e.      Health and Safety Discussion - Joe Orozco

f.       Marketing Plan - Jackie Bruce

g.      Auction, Chocolate Tasting, and Other Fundraising - Earl Everett and
Renee Valdez, Co-Chairs

h.      Convention Committee Appointments (Audit, Resolutions, and
Nominating) and - Tracy Soforenko

IX.	Committee Updates

a.	Membership
b.	Communications -Jackie Bruce, chair
c.	Legislative
d.	Public Outreach/Meet the Blind Month -Stewart Prost for Corlis Jones
and Uricka Harrison
e.	Fundraising - Earl Everett and Renee Valdez, Co-Chairs
f.	McDonald Fellowship & Jernigan Scholarship - Mary Durbin, Chair
g.	Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion - Renee Valdez, Chair

X.	Divisions

a.	Virginia Association of Blind Students - Jacob Ham
b.	Seniors Division - Nancy Yeager
c.	Merchants Division - Jimmy Cunningham

XI.	Other Business

XIII.                Date and Location of Next Meeting.  Sunday, October 30
at the Westin Tysons Corner

Tracy Soforenko

President, National Federation of the Blind of Virginia

202 285-4595

Tracy.soforenko at gmail.com <mailto:Tracy.soforenko at gmail.com>

www.nfb.org <http://www.nfb.org>

www.nfbv.org <http://www.nfbv.org>

National Federation of the Blind. Live the Life You Want