[NFBV-Announce] Center for employment opportunities

jackibruce6 at gmail.com jackibruce6 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 5 02:23:45 UTC 2022

>From Tracy Soforenko, President

In the 2022 Presidential Report, President Riccobono  referenced our Center
for Employment Opportunities (CEO) initiatives intended to help bridge the
gap of unemployment and underemployment among the nation's blind. This
includes the launching of our Where the Blind Work webinar series, featuring
blind professionals in a wide range of jobs and careers. We seek your help
to identify blind individuals in your network and/or affiliate.

We want to highlight blind workers in blue collar jobs in our upcoming
segment. If you know people who are mechanics, machinists, carpenters, hair
stylists, wait staff, hospitality, or other crafts and labor jobs, we want
to hear from them. We are also looking for a range of blind people working
in all sorts of interesting jobs and careers, so please join our efforts to
feature them in our Where the Blind Work series by contacting Maurice Peret,
coordinator of career mentoring and employment programs, at
<mailto:mperet at nfb.org> mperet at nfb.org or at 410-659-9314, extension 2350.

Ideally, if you can also carbon copy our Project RISE team when you contact
Maurice, that would help.

rise at nfbv.org <mailto:rise at nfbv.org>

Thanks for helping us to highlight the broad diversity of careers for our
community.

Tracy Soforenko

President, National Federation of the Blind of Virginia

202 285-4595

Tracy.soforenko at gmail.com <mailto:Tracy.soforenko at gmail.com>

www.nfb.org <http://www.nfb.org>

www.nfbv.org <http://www.nfbv.org>

National Federation of the Blind. Live the Life You Want