[NFBV-Announce] Ladies Night! Calling all Ladies!

jackibruce6 at gmail.com jackibruce6 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 9 22:44:22 UTC 2022

CALLING ALL LADIES!

Join us tomorrow, Saturday, December 10th from 7 thru 9 PM. We will be
getting our cooking groove on and making soup.

Soup is always a comforting, filling and homey kind of thing. We will be
chatting about your favorite soup recipes and demonstrating a “World Famous”
Chicken Soup (at least my Mama says it’s world famous).

Soup is one of those things that can be simple, or have everything but the
kitchen sink in them. Here’s what I put in my world famous chicken soup:

Chicken thigh

, cut into bite size pieces.

3 or 4 stalks of celery.

1 or 2 onions diced.

2 or 3 carrots chopped.

3 or 4 cloves of garlic minced.

Salt, pepper,  poultry seasoning, Italian seasoning or basil and oregano,
thyme, marjoram.

Olive oil.

Egg noodles.

Chicken or vegetable stock.

Parmesan cheese for garnish.

Saute , in a large soup pot, onions, garlic, celery and carrots in olive oil
for 30 – 45 seconds. Add spices to taste, I use my hands to measure and
usually start with ½ palmful of each spice, sautee for another 45ish
seconds. Add chicken and mix well, saute . Add stock and simmer for 30 min.
Add egg noodles and cook for an additional 20 min. Ladle into bowls, top
with grated parmesan cheese and enjoy!

We will discuss several variations of this recipe and chat about others.
Grab your aprons, get comfy and LET’S COOK!

Here’s how to join our Affiliate’s Zoom:

https://zoom.us/j/8297256345?pwd=SFAyamlQNU44ZTJ6dUZNMTV4RmhCQT09

One tap mobile

tell: +13017158592,,8297256345#

Telephone Dial: 1 (301) 715-8592

Meeting ID: 829 725 6345#

If needed the password is 20201940

Peace,

Jacki Bruce

President, Greater Williamsburg Chapter

RISE/Silver Bells Outreach Coordinator

 <mailto:jackibruce6 at gmail.com> mailto:jackibruce6 at gmail.com
 <tel:(757)291-1789> tel:(757)291-1789
 <http://www.nfb.org/> www.nfb.org
 <http://www.nfbv.org/> www.nfbv.org

who believe in the hopes and dreams of the nation’s blind. Every day we work
together to help blind people live the lives they want