[NFBV-Announce] Partner Spotlight:Silver Bells Empowerment weekends for blind and low vision Seniors

jackibruce6 at gmail.com jackibruce6 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 19 03:48:02 UTC 2022

Hey NFB Family and Friends,

It's almost here! Read on and be a part of the excitement!!

Silver Bells Returns in 2023: Empowerment Weekends for Blind and Low Vision
Seniors

We're drawing closer to the "ringing" of the NFB of Virginia's 2nd year of
our Silver BELLS Program!

Once again, we're empowering seniors 55 years and older. From hands-on
lessons to thought-provoking discussions ... from classic confidence
building to new friendships, this just might make the list of your favorite
things you do in 2023.

If you have the desire to be the most independent version of yourself; join
us for hands-on fundamental training in home management, technology, travel,
and communications. Learn to take charge of your own personal tasks. Just
because you are low vision or blind does not mean you need to rely on
someone else.

Please attend our kickoff meet and greet, via zoom, on Saturday, January 7th
from 1 thru 3 PM, We'll give you a sneak peak of what's in store, but the
real magic happens at one of our three weekend retreats scheduled in
Virginia Beach, from February 23rd thru 26th, Northern Virginia from March
23rd thru 26th, and in Richmond from April 27th thru 30th. These weekends
are provided free of charge to Virginia residents thanks to a grant from the
Virginia Board for the Blind and   the National Federation of the Blind of
Virginia.

Haven't heard of Silver BELLS yet? Do you have questions?

Visit NFBV.org/Silver Bells for more information or get in touch with our
program coordinator, Sandy Halverson via phone at: 703-400-6890, or by email
at:

silverbells at nfbv.org <mailto:silverbells at nfbv.org> .

The details for accessing the January 7 Open House via Zoom or your
telephone are provided below:

https://zoom.us/j/8297256345?pwd=SFAyamlQNU44ZTJ6dUZNMTV4RmhCQT09

One tap mobile

tell: +13017158592,,8297256345#

Telephone Dial: 1 (301) 715-8592

Meeting ID: 829 725 6345#

If needed the password is 20201940

Can't make the January 7 Open House, reach out to us and we can share
details about later events.

Why Silver Bells? Because you deserve and have earned the right to FREEDOM,
RESPECT, and DIGNITY!

Peace,

Jacki Bruce

President, Greater Williamsburg Chapter

RISE/Silver Bells Outreach Coordinator

 <mailto:jackibruce6 at gmail.com> mailto:jackibruce6 at gmail.com
 <tel:(757)291-1789> tel:(757)291-1789
 <http://www.nfb.org/> www.nfb.org
 <http://www.nfbv.org/> www.nfbv.org

together to help blind people live the lives they want