[NFBV-Announce] What's Up and Zoom...

jackibruce6 at gmail.com jackibruce6 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 7 05:31:42 UTC 2022

Hey NFB Family and Friends,

I  hope everyone is doing well and hanging in there! Well, Punxsutawney Phil
saw his shadow but everyone already knew it's Winter and Baby its cold
outside! As you are attempting to stay warm, join one of our meetings, in
person or on zoom. I'm sure the excitement of what our Affiliate is doing
will heat you up!

Kudos Corner.

Give it up for Greater Williamsburg!! The Chapter welcomed three new members
last month and elected a  new Secretary and Vice President to their Board.
Three cheers, Hip Hip Hooray!

Spotlight On.

The At Large Chapter will not be meeting in February.

The Potomac Chapter  will not be meeting on February 10th. Stay tuned for
information on where, when and how the chapter will meet this month.

The Greater Williamsburg Chapter will be meeting on the 2nd Tuesday of each
month starting in February.

Coin Holders on sale.

Hello my Fellow Federationists!

As our membership increases, that means more new Federationists will be
receiving their beautiful NFB membership coin!  It is so awesome that we are
able to keep our coins close by displaying them in a wonderful stainless
coin holder!

The Virginia Affiliate of the National Federation of the Blind, Fund Raising
Committee, is selling a custom designed, stainless steel, hand polished,
pendant to hold the NFB Membership Coin. This high quality, stainless steel
pendant can be worn as a necklace or used as a key ring. The photo below
displays the pendant with the NFB Membership Coin. Please note how the coin
is securely held within the pendant with none of the imagery or text
obscured from view on either side of the coin. If you have any questions or
need more information, please contact: Renee Valdez (703) 966-0836
<mailto:reneerome at yahoo.com> reneerome at yahoo.com

To purchase this awesome pendant, simply click on this link and it will take
you to the order page:

https://www.nfbv.org/store

Cost: $20.00 Your order will include: 1 Coin Pendant 1 Necklace 1 Key Ring.

Renee F. Valdez, M.A.

Secretary/Treasurer, National Federation of the Blind,

Greater Alexandria Chapter

Co-Chair, National Federation of the Bilind of Virginia,

Fundraising Committee

Vice President, Northern VA Regional Local Human Rights Committee

(703) 966-083

The below is the link for our Virginia Affiliate Zoom. This link and call in
number is used for the majority of the Affiliate's Zoom Meetings and many
Chapter and Division Meetings. Please make note of it. If you would like to
schedule a  meeting on the Affiliate's Zoom, please contact me for
availability. Thank you.

Here's how to join:

Zoom Link https://zoom.us/j/8297256345?pwd=SFAyamlQNU44ZTJ6dUZNMTV4RmhCQT09

One tap mobile
 <tel:%20+13017158592,,8297256345> tel: +13017158592,,8297256345#
Telephone Dial: 1 (301) 715-8592

Meeting ID: 829 725 6345#

If needed the password is 20201940

Chapter and Division Meetings.

At Large  Patrick Johnson  no meeting this month.

Potomac Christine Grassman  meeting not being held on Feb. 10th. Please stay
tuned for how, where and when this meeting will be.

Greater Williamsburg Jacki Bruce  2nd Tuesday, February 8th, 6  pm. Center
Street Grill, 5100 Center Street, Williamsburg, 23188 and on the Affiliate's
Zoom.

If opportunity doesn't knock, build a  door! -Milton Berle

I  may only have one match but I  can make an explosion! - Rachel Platon

Peace,

Jacki Bruce

 <mailto:jackibruce6 at gmail.com> mailto:jackibruce6 at gmail.com
 <tel:(757)291-1789> tel:(757)291-1789
 <http://www.nfb.org/> www.nfb.org
 <http://www.nfbv.org/> www.nfbv.org

together to help blind people live the lives they want