[NFBV-Announce] Zoom background for Washington Seminar

tracy.soforenko at gmail.com tracy.soforenko at gmail.com
Mon Feb 7 23:54:41 UTC 2022

At our Virginia Caucus for Washington Seminar on Saturday , people asked for a Zoom background  for the NFB.

Please note, the Zoom background is a nice to have item. Personally, I find setting up a Zoom background to be possible but a pain using a screen reader over Zoom.

I will admit to being swamped this week so I will not be providing comprehensive guidance on how  to set up a Zoom background. You should Google the instructions or frankly, just skip this task.

This Zoom background, specific to the NFB of Virginia, was developed by John Bailey.

It says across the top, “National Federation of the Blind of Virginia.

The background is presented when you have your camera on.

If the image is inverted, there is a setting to do Mirror Image.

Here are some instructions:

Save the attached  National Federation of the Blind of Virginia Zoom  background Black Font file.

In a Zoom meeting, select the Video  Options, Backgrounds and Filters and navigate to select a background and

There are a number of pre-defined Zoom backgrounds but you need to add your own.

I don’t remember the exact steps to find the item.

You need to navigate to where you saved the Zoom background and select it.

Don’t forget to turn it off later when you are no longer doing Washington Seminar appointments.

Tracy Soforenko

President, National Federation of the Blind of Virginia

202 285-4595

 <mailto:Tracy.soforenko at gmail.com> Tracy.soforenko at gmail.com

 <http://www.nfb.org> www.nfb.org

 <http://www.nfbv.org> www.nfbv.org

National Federation of the Blind. Live the Life You Want