[NFBV-Announce] Our Youth Mentoring Program Needs You

Joe Orozco jsorozco at gmail.com
Tue Jul 26 03:37:36 UTC 2022

Hello,

It's been said there's never been a better time to be blind. Advances in
technology makes this at least partially true, but there will never be an
adequate replacement for a reliable role model who takes a personal interest
in the success of our most treasured members, our young adults.

Below you will find a link to the Project RISE mentor application. If you've
already served, I encourage you to apply again. We'd love nothing more than
to welcome you back.

If you've never served, but think you have it in you to work with blind and
visually impaired young adults in a variety of exciting scenarios, please
apply. I promise you will find the experience more rewarding than you
anticipated, and the opportunity to work alongside some outstanding
professional peers will be just a bonus.

Project RISE is as much about preparing high school and college students for
the workforce as it is about bonding, stretching, and taking a few steps
outside of your comfort zone, and doing so in the company of a solid support
system that will have your back through the exhilarating highs and the
inevitable lows.

Sign up today. Make a difference. You are exactly who we need to make this a
year a great one! And please help spread the word.

https://nfbv.org/mentors

Warm regards,

Joe Orozco, Program Coordinator

Project RISE