[NFBV-Announce] Call for State Convention Ideas and the In Person 8/6 Board meeting

tracy.soforenko at gmail.com tracy.soforenko at gmail.com
Sat Jul 30 11:04:26 UTC 2022

Hi Virginia Federationists:

We have planned an exciting August 6 NFB of Virginia Board of Directors
meeting.

The largest focus of the Board of Directors meeting is planning for our
state convention.

Like our upcoming state convention, this board meeting is an in-person
meeting with a limited virtual experience. We will be providing a Zoom link
but presenters will be in person and questions and suggestions must be
emailed , texted, or called in. We Will not be unmuting Zoom participants
and voting will be conducted in person only.

We want your ideas for the state convention and I'd be truly appreciative if
you emailed your ideas in advance.

*	Was there something from our national convention you'd like us to
bring to Virginia?
*	Was there something from a past Virginia convention we should bring
back?
*	Was there something we used to do that we should stop doing because
it has run it's course.

Please know that ideas are great but when you  offer up an idea, it often
comes with an expectation that we might ask you to help execute that idea.
There is a thin line between suggesting and volunteering.

If you can email your ideas to me by Friday morning, August 5, I would be
really appreciative.

At the board meeting, we will have others who collect suggestions during the
meeting since I will be running the meeting and can't effectively run the
meeting and take your suggestions.

Tracy Soforenko

 <mailto:Tracy.soforenko at gmail.com> Tracy.soforenko at gmail.com

202-285-4595