[NFBV-Announce] What's going on this week and zoom!

jackibruce6 at gmail.com jackibruce6 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 13 20:26:33 UTC 2022

Hey NFB Family and Friends,

It's Spring Break for some people and many students travel to Virginia for
our warm weather and beaches for break. This year is crazy.we had snow in
Williamsburg yesterday! I  hope everyone enjoys the week. Stay warm or cool,
drink a  hot chocolate or iced tea depending on the moment. Cheers!

Kudos Corner.

Stay tuned.next week we will be announcing the newest members of our
Communication Team! We still have a  few openings on this phenomenal team.
Please contact me, my contact information is in my signature, if you're a
good writer and would like to contribute to our blog or you tube. If you
tweet, tweet for the NFBV.

Spotlight On.

Braille  Buddies! This and every Tuesday starting at 7  PM. This meeting is
open to anyone from anywhere that has even the slightest interest in or
curiosity about braille.

https://nypl.zoom.us/j/81824972219?pwd=NDZ3UGR1S3FrSGhsRGN0T2pxVFZjZz09

Meeting ID: 818 2497 2219

Passcode: AH4020

One tap mobile

+19292056099,,81824972219# US (New York)

The Prince William Chapter will have its Chapter meeting this Saturday. We
also have our monthly book club meeting this upcoming Tuesday. Please find
the details of the book below:

Lucky by marissa stapley

Meeting time will be 7:30 p.m.. It will also be the same conference call
line which is 605-3 13-5562 passcode: 293383. As a friendly reminder,
chapter meeting will be held over conference call line for the time being
and it is using the same conference call line number.

Thanks,

Oscar Montiel

Greetings everyone,

I am pleased to announce that  at the next meeting of the Tidewater Chapter
of the National Federation of the Blind of Virginia (NFBV) we are welcoming
Mr. Keith Johnson, Director of Paratransit Services for Hampton Roads
Transit (HRT).   Our meeting will take place on Saturday, March 19, 2022.
We meet in person at Bangkok Gardens, 417 West 21st. Street, Norfolk, VA
23517.  We meet for lunch at 1 PM, with the meeting starting at 2 PM and
ending at 3:30 PM.  We will also be meeting via zoom if you cannot meet in
person.  The zoom details appear at the bottom of this notice  Please let me
know either by phone or email if you will be joining us in person so that we
can make sure that there is a place for you.  Please let me know if you are
coming no later than Wednesday, March 16, 2022.  Do not miss out on this
important meeting!  I encourage any blind user of paratransit services to
join us!

Warm regards,

Stewart Prost, President, Tidewater Chapter, NFB of Virginia

Phone: 757-572-6891

Email: sprost82 at gmail.com <mailto:sprost82 at gmail.com>

Stewart Prost is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Topic: Tidewater Chapter, NFB of Virginia
Time: Mar 19, 2022 02:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)

Join Zoom Meeting
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/3661685508?pwd=a2RwY0o5TWVIa2xBbDBPSEJzL0l2QT09

Meeting ID: 366 168 5508
Passcode: 21211955
One tap mobile
+13017158592,,3661685508#,,,,*21211955# US (Washington DC)

Dial by your location
        +1 301 715 8592 US (Washin

Hey ladies! Guess what time it is? It is time for ladies night.    this
months theme is girls  just want to have fun. This weeks topic will be
games, games and more games   Come join the Virginia ladies while we play
and talk  about games. Bring your besties, your snacks and your favorite
drinks and let's have some fun!!!           Saturday, March 19th, starting
at 7  PM.

Here's how to join:

Zoom Link
<https://zoom.us/j/8297256345?pwd=SFAyamlQNU44ZTJ6dUZNMTV4RmhCQT09>
https://zoom.us/j/8297256345?pwd=SFAyamlQNU44ZTJ6dUZNMTV4RmhCQT09

One tap mobile
 <tel:%20+13017158592,,8297256345> tel: +13017158592,,8297256345#
Telephone Dial: 1 (301) 715-8592

Meeting ID: 829 725 6345#

If needed the password is 20201940

Chapter and Division Meetings this week.

At Large Patrick Johnson. 3rd Tuesday, 8  PM on the Affiliate Zoom.

Fairfax Annette Carr 3rd Thursday 7  pm

Fredericksburg Dick Byrns 3rd Saturday 10 am

Winchester Chris Walker 3rd Saturday  10 am - 11:30.  Solenberger's True
Value Hardware, 832 Berryville Ave, Winchester, VA 22601. The conference
call number  978-990-5395,  Access code 1566808.

Peninsula Uricka Harrison 3rd Saturday 11:00 am.

Prince William, Aaron Faxon, 3rd Saturday 1  PM, conference call number
605-3 13-5562 passcode: 293383.

Tidewater Stewart Prost 3rd Saturday 1:30 pm.

Doing nothing is very hard to do, you never know when you're finished!
-Leslie Nelson

Peace,

Jacki Bruce

 <mailto:jackibruce6 at gmail.com> mailto:jackibruce6 at gmail.com
 <tel:(757)291-1789> tel:(757)291-1789
 <http://www.nfb.org/> www.nfb.org
 <http://www.nfbv.org/> www.nfbv.org

together to help blind people live the lives they want