[NFBV-Announce] weekly information

jackibruce6 at gmail.com jackibruce6 at gmail.com
Mon May 23 02:48:37 UTC 2022

Hey NFB Family and Friends,

I  can’t believe, just one more week and we’re through with May and summer
will start! Now, if only the weather will be less crazy?!

Don’t forget to register for National Convention! Just one more week to
register and get in on the discounted rates. You don’t want to miss this.
See you there.

Spotlight On

Hello NFB Family!

The Greater Alexandria Chapter is cordially inviting you to join us for an
evening of fun and learning!  It is our

"NOT JUST YOUR OLD, RUN OF THE MILL LEADERSHIP TRAINING COURSE!"

And we mean it!  In about 25 minutes, we will give you a shot in the arm of
practical, ready-to use leadership strategies that actually make sense!  You
will be the envy of all those CEOs who live on your block!  We will do it up
like only the Greater Alexandria Chapter can, and serve it to you hot and
sweet as molasses!

We will also have some other exciting updates and visits from some pretty
important people!

Don't miss out!  Clear your calenders and get your zoom face on!

WHEN is this spectacular event?  Thursday, May 26, 2022, starting promptly
at 7:00 p.m.

WHERE is this fantabulous event?  On the NFB of Virginia Affiliate Zoom,
https://zoom.us/j/8297256345?pwd=SFAyamlQNU44ZTJ6dUZNMTV4RmhCQT09
<https://zoom.us/j/8297256345?pwd=SFAyamlQNU44ZTJ6dUZNMTV4RmhCQT09#success>

Meeting ID: 829 725 6345

Passcode: 20201940

One tap mobile +13017158592,,8297256345# US (Washington DC)

WHO should attend this unique, one-of-a-kind LEADERSHIP TRAINING COURSE?
Anyone who serves in any kind of leadership role or plans to!  Anyone who
learns best when you are involved and having fun!  Anyone who doesn't know
everything already!

YOU!  Yes!  YOU!

WAIT!  There's more...

If you are a member of GAC and have not paid your dues yet, or if you want
to become an official member of the Greater Alexandria Chapter (and I can't
think of one reason why you wouldn't!), it is easy to do just that.  Member
ship dues is $5.00 for the entire year!  Here is what you need to do:

If you DO have a PayPal Account:

 I.                  Log in to your PayPal Account.

II.              Click on "My Account: in the upper right-hand corner

III.           Click on "Send" located at the top and to the right

IV.          In the box under the phrase "Send Money", enter the GAC email
address:   <mailto:NFBVGAC1 at gmail.com> NFBVGAC1 at gmail.com

V.              After you type it in the box, it should appear inside the
box

VI.          Click "Next"

VII.       Enter the amount of money you want to pay.  Remember, annual dues
is $5.00.

VIII.   In the box where it says "Add a note" please type in what it is for,
(ie. dues, donation, etc.)

IX.          Click "Continue"

X.              You should be asked to review your transaction and confirm
by clicking "Send"

XI.          Relish in the warm, fuzzy feeling that comes from becoming an
official member of the GreatEST Alexandria Chapter!

If you DO NOT have PayPal, please contact Renee Valdez at
reneerome at yahoo.com <mailto:reneerome at yahoo.com>  or by phone or text at
(703) 966-0836.  I will send a "Request for Payment" from PayPal that will
allow you to pay your dues.

HOLD ON! ONE MORE THING!  I PROMISE!

The Greater Alexandria Chapter is planning an exciting event for June! Here
it comes...

WOLFTRAP PRESENTS:  BROADWAY IN THE PARK!

Featuring Kelli O'Hara (HBOs "The Guilded Age") and Virginia native,
Adrienne Warren (The Tina Turner Musical, for which she won a Tony Award).

Scheduled for Friday, June 24, 2022 at 8:00 p.m. we've got Rear Orchestra
Covered Seating.  Tickets sell for $50.00, BUT if we can get 20 of our NFB
friends to attend, we will get a discounted group rate!  They had me at
COVERED SEATING!

We are planning to meet as a large group for a wonderful Italian dinner
prior to the show--details to follow.

If you are interested in this exciting BROADWAY IN THE PARK event, please
contact Renee Valdez by email at reneerome at yahoo.com <http://>  or by phone
or text, at 703-966-0836.  We need to know very soon, so please check your
calendars and let me know if you can attend!  I'm crossing my fingers and
toes!

See you all this Thursday at 7p.m. for "NOT JUST YOUR OLD, RUN OF THE MILL
LEADERSHIP TRAINING COURSE!"

Renée F. Valdez, M.A.

Secretary/Treasurer, National Federation of the Blind,

Greater Alexandria Chapter

Chair, NFB of Virginia,

Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Committee

Co-Chair, NFB of Virginia,

Fundraising Committee

Vice President, Northern VA Regional Local Human Rights Committee

(703) 966-0836

When I  let go of what I  am, I  become what I might be -Lao Tzu

Peace,

Jacki Bruce

 <mailto:jackibruce6 at gmail.com> mailto:jackibruce6 at gmail.com
 <tel:(757)291-1789> tel:(757)291-1789
 <http://www.nfb.org/> www.nfb.org
 <http://www.nfbv.org/> www.nfbv.org

who believe in the hopes and dreams of the nation’s blind. Every day we work
together to help blind people live the lives they want