[NFBV-Announce] NFBV22: The Latin Night Hospitality fiesta and Band for Friday (10/28)

jackibruce6 at gmail.com jackibruce6 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 12 18:13:50 UTC 2022

>From Evelyn Valdez and Renee Valdez

It has been way too long, mi gente (my peeps) since we, members of the NFB,
have been able to get together, in person!

Well
The day has finally arrived!  And that day is Thursday, October 27th!
That is the first day of the National Federation of the Blind of Virginia,
State Convention!  From Thursday, October 27th through Sunday, October 29th,
we will be reunited in fellowship, to engage and learn, share knowledge and
laughter!

AND!  The Greater Alexandria Chapter and the Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Committee, co-sponsors of this extraordinary event, are so excited to put
out this sincere invitation to all attending the State Convention!  Please
plan to attend our NFBV Latin Fiesta Hospitality Night on Friday, October
28th, from 7:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.!  It’s included with your registration
for the NFBV22 Convention so please register today.

https://nfbv.org/convention

!  We will be right there, in the hotel!  AND
it will be a night filled with
music and dancing, munchies, and a cash bar!

This is not a full dinner, just Latin themed snacks.

We are proud to bring to Virginia, the exciting and talented músicos, Los
Ciegos Del Barrio, an all-blind, multi-genre Latin American music band based
out of the New York City area.  They specialize in salsa, merengue, bachata
music, cumbia and rock in both English and Spanish. They have recorded
several albums and singles since 2000!  They will keep us dancing through
the night!

What?  You don’t know how to salsa?  Well
not to worry!  We happen to have
two fierce and very spicy Latinas in the house to teach you how to salsa!
Evelyn Valdez and Conchita Hernandez will be providing salsa lessons at
various times throughout the evening!  Learn to salsa and then put your
lessons to work on the dance floor!

Let’s start out our NFBV State Convention this year with a Latin BANG!
Bring your sombrero, your dancing shoes, and your spirit of fun and
friendship and

¡Vamos a bailar!

Let’s  dance!