[NFBV-Announce] Did You Have Trouble Paying for Registration?

Joe Orozco jsorozco at gmail.com
Sat Sep 10 03:50:46 UTC 2022

You remember that time when you went to order food, meticulously picked out
all the specific ways you wanted your meal prepared, hold the peppers,
double up on the cheese, and then you get all the way to the checkout
process only to discover the dang thing isn't accessible? Oh wait! I
confused the Virginia affiliate with Dominos. Ahem, where was I... Oh,
right! Our website is no better. *ears drooping*

Some of you have figured out how to enter your credit card information using
the Square interface on our website. Remember, use your Down Arrow, not Tab,
to find the credit card number field. If, however, you ran into issues, I'm
going to provide you an alternative means of paying.

Using the link below, you'll be taken to a page on the Square website where
all you'll need to do is click on the Checkout $30 button. From there you'll
go to a page with a friendlier means of entering your credit card
information. After doing so, please reply to this email and let me know that
you successfully did so. You see, Square hates us and does not currently
provide an automatic means of linking your payment to your registration. Or,
let's be honest, what's likely closer to the truth is that I'm a few bread
slices short of a full loaf and haven't figured out how to make that work on
the back end.

Why register now? Well, you get entered into a drawing for $100 if you
register before October 10. What's not to like about this arrangement? On
top of the great deal of money you're already saving on meals!

If you have not yet registered, you'll see the link in the auto-responder in
case you have problems. But, regardless, make sure you pay up, because
Christmas came early and we'll be checking our lists and checking them
twice, and if you're not on our lists, you ain't getting fed.

So, coming at you, two links. First is the link to the Square payment if
you've already registered but haven't paid:

https://square.link/u/LcMogqJs?src=sheet

And second is the link to the registration itself in case you have not taken
advantage of advance registration:

https://nfbv.org/node/66/webform/emails

Thank you for your patience!

Joe Orozco, Convention Operations