[NFBV-Announce] Saturday (2/4) Silver Bells Open House at 1:00 PM ET over Zoom

tracy.soforenko at gmail.com tracy.soforenko at gmail.com
Sat Feb 4 16:07:05 UTC 2023

Silver Bells: Empowerment Weekends for Blind and Low Vision Seniors

Saturday, February 4th from 1:00 thru 3:00 is the next meet and greet, via
zoom with a sneak peak of what's in store.

If you are, or someone you know is, 55 and older, experiencing vision loss,
live in Virginia, and have the desire to embark on an exciting training
opportunity, please continue reading about Silver Bells.

What is Silver Bells? It's camaraderie in the company of new friends.

It's learning confidence and non-visual techniques in the comfort of a safe
environment.

It's getting answers to your gnawing concerns, about your vision loss,  from
people who get it.

It's you, and us, working side by side to tackle day-to-day independent
living skills such as, personal home management, cell phones and travel in
your neighborhood.

It's games and socializing when we aren't doing the hard work.

And this is only the start of what we hope will be an ongoing partnership.

Join us on Saturday, February 4th from 1 thru 3 PM(registration opens at
12:30 PM)  for a virtual meet and greet and learn about Silver Bells and the
three weekend retreats scheduled in Virginia Beach, from February 23rd thru
26th, Sterling from March 23rd thru 26th, and in Richmond from April 27th
thru 30th. These weekends are provided free of charge to Virginia residents
thanks to a grant from the Virginia Board for the Blind and   the National
Federation of the Blind of Virginia.

The details for accessing the February 4th meet and greet via Zoom or your
telephone are provided below:

https://zoom.us/j/8297256345?pwd=SFAyamlQNU44ZTJ6dUZNMTV4RmhCQT09

One tap mobile

tell: +13017158592,,8297256345#

Telephone Dial: 1 (301) 715-8592

Meeting ID: 829 725 6345#

If needed the password is 20201940

Can't make the February 4th meet and greet, reach out to us by Visiting
NFBV.org/Silver Bells for more information or get in touch with our program
coordinator, Sandy Halverson via phone at: 703-400-6890, or by email at:

silverbells at nfbv.org <mailto:silverbells at nfbv.org>  and we can share details
about later events.

Get empowered and be the best you, you ever imagined!

Tracy Soforenko

Tracy.soforenko at gmail.com <mailto:Tracy.soforenko at gmail.com>

202-285-4595