[NFBV-Announce] What's happening and zoom!

jackibruce6 at gmail.com jackibruce6 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 16 02:34:28 UTC 2023

Hey NFB Family and Friends,

I hope everyone has had a good week. As we celebrate Martin Luther King Jr.
and his message of equality, justice, faith and love, please do your part.
Give a hug instead of a raised fist, stand with your brothers and sisters
not in judgement of them and start each day with love and faith in your
heart!

Kudos Corner.

This is usually where we celebrate with our NFBV Family, right now, we want
to tell you about a member in need. Please read on, from Sarah Blumberg and
Christine Grassman:

Dear NFB Family,

Right before the  holidays, Jim Walker had triple bypass heart surgery. He
suffered complications including several strokes and is still in the
hospital. This is a very trying and emotional time for the Walker Family. In
addition  to continued support of love and prayers, the family is in need of
financial support to lessen that stress and strain while Jim recovers. A
friend of Chris has shared a GoFundMe page In addition, people who wish to
help more directly and want all of their assistance to help Jim and Chris
can use Chris's email address and send money via PayPal, go fund me charges
20 percent of all funds donated.

<https://www.gofundme.com/f/a-friend-in-need-jim-walker?member=24227261&utm_
campaign=p_cp+share-sheet&utm_content=undefined&utm_medium=copy_link_all&utm
_source=customer&utm_term=undefined> A Friend in Need. JIM WALKER, organized
by Hugh Mcgee

gofundme.com

Chris's email address:  chrisvinson1 at gmail.com
<mailto:chrisvinson1 at gmail.com> .

Spotlight On.

Greetings, Everyone!

I hope everyone is doing well.  Below, our pictures of wreaths that Wanda
Boykin, a new member to the Tidewater Chapter,  has created. We are in the
middle of our sports wreath raffle.  Tickets are five dollars each, and the
winner gets a custom-made wreath with the colors of their favorite sports
team.  Any sport such as football, basketball, hockey, or baseball.  It can
be any team be professional, college, or high school.  We will do the
drawing at our chapter meeting on January 21. There is still time to get
your tickets!  Chapter members will have tickets at the Richmond Seminar.
If you are not able to come to Richmond, please send a check made out to
NFBTC to Michael Kitchens, 40 Cooper Drive, Portsmouth, VA 23702.  Make sure
he gets your money by Friday, January 20.  Also, provide your name and phone
number.   We will contact the winner and get all the details.  By holding
the drawing at our chapter meeting on January 21.  Please support our
chapter and have the chance to have a real keepsake!

Stewart Prost, President, Tidewater Chapter, NFB of VA

Phone: 757-572-6891

Email: sprost82 at gmail.com <mailto:sprost82 at gmail.com>

Calling all Ladies! It's all about Shopping!

Come go with the ladies of Virginia on a virtual shopping trip.

When: January 21st

Time: 7/9 PM.

Where: On the Virginia zoom

So bring your BFF's relax in your comfy chairs with your favorite drinks and
your favorite snacks and let's shop.

Ladies Night committee

Here's how to join our Affiliate's Zoom:

https://zoom.us/j/8297256345?pwd=SFAyamlQNU44ZTJ6dUZNMTV4RmhCQT09

One tap mobile

tell: +13017158592,,8297256345#

Telephone Dial: 1 (301) 715-8592

Meeting ID: 829 725 6345#

If needed the password is 20201940

Chapter Information.

Blue Ridge Chapter

Woodrow Berry, President

Home: (434) 293-7631

Lynn heart, Treasurer

Cell: (434) 409-8013

E-mail: lmeheart at yahoo.com

Contact chapter for meeting times.

Eastern Shore Chapter

Althea Pittman

Phone: 757-787-3853

E-mail: vaescil at gmail.com

Contact the chapter for current meeting times.

Chesapeake Bay Chapter

Chapter meeting:  Fourth Saturday from 11 AM to 1:30 PM, at the Gus and
George's Spaghetti and Steakhouse, 4312 Virginia Beach Blvd, Virginia Beach,
23452.

Virtual Meeting Information: None, in person only.

Fairfax Chapter

Chapter meeting:  Third Thursday from 7 to 8:30 PM, at the Red Hot & Blue,
4150 Chain Bridge Road, Fairfax 22030.

Virtual Meeting Information: None, in person only.

Greater Alexandria Chapter

Chapter meeting:  Fourth Thursday of most months from 7 to 9pm.

Virtual Meeting Information:  Uses affiliate zoom.

Greater Williamsburg Chapter

Chapter meeting: Second Tuesday of each month, from 6to 8pm at the Center
Street Grill, 5101 Center Street, Williamsburg 23188.

Virtual Meeting Information:  Uses affiliate zoom.

Peninsula Chapter

Chapter meeting:   Third Saturday of the month from 11:30 to 1 PM, My
Neighbor's Pub, 12743 Jefferson Avenue, Newport News, 23602.

Virtual Meeting Information:  Phone 605-475-4825 passcode, 549778#.

Potomac Chapter

Chapter meeting:

Virtual Meeting Information:

https://us02web.zoom.us/j/6025022255

Meeting ID: 602 502 2255

One tap mobile +13017158592,,6025022255 <tel:%20+13017158592,,6025022255>

Prince William Chapter

Chapter meeting:    Third Saturday of the month, from 2 to 3PM.

Virtual Meeting Information:   Phone 605-313-5562 passcode, 293383.

We occasionally meet at Bar Louie, 15001 Potomac Town Place, Woodbridge,
22191, follow this weekly announcement to learn when we will be in person.

Richmond Chapter

Chapter meeting:    Fourth Monday of the month from 6:30-8:30 PM in the
assembly room of the Administrative Activities Building at VDBI, 401 Azalea
Ave. Richmond 23227.

Virtual Meeting Information:  Uses affiliate zoom.

Tidewater Chapter

Chapter meeting:    Third Saturday of the month from 2PM to 3:30PM at Ynot
Italian, 1507 Colley Avenue, Norfolk, 23517 (lunch begins at 1 PM).

Virtual Meeting Information:
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/3661685508?pwd=a2RwY0o5TWVIa2xBbDBPSEJzL0l2QT09

Meeting ID: 366 168 5508
Passcode: 21211955
One tap mobile
 <tel:%20+13017158592,,3661685508#,,,,*21211955>
+13017158592,,3661685508#,,,,*21211955# US (Washington DC)

Dial by your location
        +1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC)

Winchester Chapter

Chapter meeting:    Third Saturday of the month from 10 AM to 11:30 AM at
Sollenberger True Value Hardware, 832 Berryville Ave., Winchester, 22601.

Virtual Meeting Information:  Phone number 978-990-5395.  Access Code
156-6808.

At-Large Chapter

Chapter meeting:   Third Tuesday of the month from 8 PM to 9 PM, August
through May, with a face to face reception held during state convention.

Designed to meet the needs of Virginians who do not live near a local
chapter.

Virtual Meeting Information:  Uses affiliate zoom.

Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase.
Life's most persistent  and urgent question is, what are you doing for
others?

Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that
matter.-Martin Luther King Jr.

Peace,

Jacki Bruce

RISE/Silver Bells Outreach Coordinator

 <mailto:jackibruce6 at gmail.com> mailto:jackibruce6 at gmail.com
 <tel:(757)291-1789> tel:(757)291-1789
 <http://www.nfb.org/> www.nfb.org
 <http://www.nfbv.org/> www.nfbv.org

together to help blind people live the lives they want