[NFBV-Announce] What's happening and zoom!

jackibruce6 at gmail.com jackibruce6 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 23 00:55:09 UTC 2023

Hey NFB Family and Friends,

What an exciting Richmond Seminar! I'm sure all who attended will agree.
Democracy in action!

Kudos Corner.

Keep up your prayers and well wishes for Jim Walker, Chris and their
families. Jim has begun to talk! What an awesome sign! If anyone would like
to support the Walker Family while Jim continues to recover, you may make
financial donations via pay pal to Chris's email chrisvinson1 at gmail.com
<mailto:chrisvinson1 at gmail.com> .

Spotlight On.

SAVE THE DATE, NFB FAMILY!

The Greater Alexandria Chapter is at it again!  Come see what we've got
going on at our Chapter meeting this week, Thursday, January 26th at 7:00
p.m. to 9:00 p.m.  We promise a spectacular evening of friendship,
comradery, and information sharing!

Have you wondered how a blind person can use LINKDIN to their advantage?
Maurice Crittendon will tell us how we can bust the limits off of that
resource!

Then, Joe Orozco and Renee Valdez will take us on a deep dive into the grey
area of blindness, an area so many of us know all too well!

We hope you will join us at 7:00 p.m, this Thursday on the NFBV Affiliate
zoom!  Please check in a little early so we can start on time.

Here's how to join our Affiliate's Zoom:

https://zoom.us/j/8297256345?pwd=SFAyamlQNU44ZTJ6dUZNMTV4RmhCQT09

One tap mobile

tell: +13017158592,,8297256345#

Telephone Dial: 1 (301) 715-8592

Meeting ID: 829 725 6345#

If needed the password is 20201940

Chapter Information:

Blue Ridge Chapter

Woodrow Berry, President

Home: (434) 293-7631

Lynn heart, Treasurer

Cell: (434) 409-8013

E-mail: lmeheart at yahoo.com

Contact chapter for meeting times.

Eastern Shore Chapter

Althea Pittman

Phone: 757-787-3853

E-mail: vaescil at gmail.com

Contact the chapter for current meeting times.

Chesapeake Bay Chapter

Chapter meeting:  Fourth Saturday from 11 AM to 1:30 PM, at the Gus and
George's Spaghetti and Steakhouse, 4312 Virginia Beach Blvd, Virginia Beach,
23452.

Virtual Meeting Information: None, in person only.

Fairfax Chapter

Chapter meeting:  Third Thursday from 7 to 8:30 PM, at the Red Hot & Blue,
4150 Chain Bridge Road, Fairfax 22030.

Virtual Meeting Information: None, in person only.

Greater Alexandria Chapter

Chapter meeting:  Fourth Thursday of most months from 7 to 9pm.

Virtual Meeting Information:  Uses affiliate zoom.

Greater Williamsburg Chapter

Chapter meeting: Second Tuesday of each month, from 6to 8pm at the Center
Street Grill, 5101 Center Street, Williamsburg 23188.

Virtual Meeting Information:  Uses affiliate zoom.

Peninsula Chapter

Chapter meeting:   Third Saturday of the month from 11:30 to 1 PM, My
Neighbor's Pub, 12743 Jefferson Avenue, Newport News, 23602.

Virtual Meeting Information:  Phone 605-475-4825 passcode, 549778#.

Potomac Chapter

Chapter meeting:     Second Wednesday of each month from 7 to 8:30 PM.

Virtual Meeting Information:

https://us02web.zoom.us/j/6025022255

Meeting ID: 602 502 2255

One tap mobile +13017158592,,6025022255 <tel:%20+13017158592,,6025022255>

Prince William Chapter

Chapter meeting:    Third Saturday of the month, from 2 to 3PM.

Virtual Meeting Information:   Phone 605-313-5562 passcode, 293383.

We occasionally meet at Bar Louie, 15001 Potomac Town Place, Woodbridge,
22191, follow this weekly announcement to learn when we will be in person.

Richmond Chapter

Chapter meeting:    Fourth Monday of the month from 6:30-8:30 PM in the
assembly room of the Administrative Activities Building at VDBI, 401 Azalea
Ave. Richmond 23227.

Virtual Meeting Information:  Uses affiliate zoom.

Tidewater Chapter

Chapter meeting:    Third Saturday of the month from 2PM to 3:30PM at Ynot
Italian, 1507 Colley Avenue, Norfolk, 23517 (lunch begins at 1 PM).

Virtual Meeting Information:
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/3661685508?pwd=a2RwY0o5TWVIa2xBbDBPSEJzL0l2QT09

Meeting ID: 366 168 5508
Passcode: 21211955
One tap mobile
 <tel:%20+13017158592,,3661685508#,,,,*21211955>
+13017158592,,3661685508#,,,,*21211955# US (Washington DC)

Dial by your location
        +1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC)

Winchester Chapter

Chapter meeting:    Third Saturday of the month from 10 AM to 11:30 AM at
Sollenberger True Value Hardware, 832 Berryville Ave., Winchester, 22601.

Virtual Meeting Information: Uses Affiliate Zoom.

At-Large Chapter

Chapter meeting:   Third Tuesday of the month from 8 PM to 9 PM, August
through May, with a face to face reception held during state convention.

Designed to meet the needs of Virginians who do not live near a local
chapter.

Virtual Meeting Information:  Uses affiliate zoom.

In three words I can sum up everything I know about life, it goes on.
-Robert Frost

Peace,

Jacki Bruce

RISE/Silver Bells Outreach Coordinator

 <mailto:jackibruce6 at gmail.com> mailto:jackibruce6 at gmail.com
 <tel:(757)291-1789> tel:(757)291-1789
 <http://www.nfb.org/> www.nfb.org
 <http://www.nfbv.org/> www.nfbv.org

together to help blind people live the lives they want