[NFBV-Announce] Wednesday (1/18) 2023 Washington Seminar Mock Meetings, Deadline to RSVP for Washington Seminar, Deadline for financial support requests, Virginia Wash Seminar Training on 1/28) and other Washington Seminar Updates

tracy.soforenko at gmail.com tracy.soforenko at gmail.com
Wed Jan 18 10:06:32 UTC 2023

>From Deepa Goraya

Washington Seminar is fast approaching and will be from January 30 to
February 1. Hopefully those who are staying at the Holiday Inn Capitol have
already made their reservations because the room block is closed.

We have some important dates for you to take note of.

For the 2023 Washington Seminar, there are many items that are closing
today.

Important links:

Here are the links to the legislative agenda and the three fact sheets:

<https://nfb.org/sites/nfb.org/files/2023-01/2023_Washington_Seminar_Agenda.
docx> 2023 Washington Seminar Agenda

*
<https://nfb.org/sites/nfb.org/files/2023-01/2023_Legislative_Agenda.docx>
2023 Legislative Agenda (Word)
*
<https://nfb.org/sites/nfb.org/files/2023-01/002_Website_and_Software_Applic
ations_Accessibility_Act_Fact_Sheet_2023.docx> Websites and Software
Applications Accessibility Act (Word)
*
<https://nfb.org/sites/nfb.org/files/2023-01/002_Medical_Device_Nonvisual_Ac
cessibility_Act_Fact_Sheet_2023.docx> Medical Device Nonvisual Accessibility
Act (Word)
*
<https://nfb.org/sites/nfb.org/files/2023-01/002_Blind_Americans_Return_to_W
ork_Act_Fact_Sheet_2023.docx> Blind Americans Return to Work Act (Word)

This message outlines the following:

A.	Intent to participate in Washington Seminar
B.	Tonight's Mock Meeting training
C.	Financial assistance deadline (1/18)
D.	Career Fair Deadline (1/19)
E.	Virginia Specific Washington Seminar Preparation Training (1/28)  at
1:00 PM Eastern
F.	Washington Seminar Schedule

A.	Are you joining us?

If you want to attend Washington Seminar, we need to know today so we can
finalize our teams.

Those who are attending appointments on the Hill should let Deepa know today
they are coming, which days they are available for appointments
(Tuesday-Wednesday), their contact info, address, and their legislative
representative if they know. Email Deepa at deepa.goraya at gmail.com
<mailto:deepa.goraya at gmail.com> .

The deadline is today.

B) 2023 Washington Seminar Mock Meeting training at 8:00 PM over Zoom

Wednesday, January 18, 8:00 p.m. Eastern time.

This training is for all affiliate presidents, legislative directors, and
group leaders but we also welcome all Washington Seminar participants to
attend. We will conduct two mock meetings so that members can learn how to
present our issues including problem definition, legislative highlights, and
frequently asked questions.

The Zoom information for this call is included below.

Join Zoom Meeting
https://zoom.us/j/7567531013

Meeting ID: 756 753 1013
One tap mobile
+13017158592,,7567531013# US (Washington DC)
+13126266799,,7567531013# US (Chicago)

Dial by your location
        +1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC)
        +1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
        +1 646 876 9923 US (New York)
        +1 646 931 3860 US
        +1 305 224 1968 US
        +1 309 205 3325 US
        +1 564 217 2000 US
        +1 669 444 9171 US
        +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
        +1 689 278 1000 US
        +1 719 359 4580 US
        +1 253 205 0468 US
        +1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
        +1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
        +1 360 209 5623 US
        +1 386 347 5053 US
        +1 408 638 0968 US (San Jose)
        +1 507 473 4847 US
Meeting ID: 756 753 1013
Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/ad0eO8pXgx

C.	Financial Assistance from the Virginia Affiliate

If you need financial assistance from the Virginia affiliate to attend the
2023 Washington Seminar, all requests must be emailed to Tracy by Wednesday
(1/18) to be considered.

D.	Washington Seminar Career Fair

The Washington seminar Career fair is a very convenient opportunity to
connect with employers. The seminar will be Monday, January 30 from 1:00 PM
to 3:00 PM. However, you can't just show up, you need to register online by
the January 19, 5:00 PM ET deadline.

 <https://nfb.org/form/career-fair-jobseeker-registration> Job Seeker
Registration Form.

 <https://nfb.org/form/career-fair-employer-registration> Employer
Registration Form.

E.	Virginia Specific Prep Meeting

On Saturday, January 28: Workshop from 1 to 2 PM on Washington Seminar. We
will be going over teams for appointments and team leads, doing mock
appointments, briefly discussing the three legislative issues, and answering
any questions about Washington Seminar. If you are attending the
appointments, please attend this important workshop. We will use the
Virginia affiliate Zoom account.

F.	Washington Seminar Schedule

January 30: 2 to 4 PM, issues training conducted by the Legislative Affairs
Team at the Holiday Inn Capitol. This is the important training that will go
in depth into our three legislative priorities for Washington Seminar by the
NFB Legislative Affairs team. Anyone who is attending appointments on the
Hill should attend this training.

January 30: 1 to 3 PM: NFB Career Fair, Holiday Inn Capitol. Deadline to
register is January 19 by 5 PM.

January 30: 5 PM: Great Gathering In.

January 31 through February 1: Appointments on the Hill. Most of our
appointments will be on Tuesday and Wednesday.

Deepinder K. Goraya, Esq

National Federation of the Blind of Virginia legislative Director for
Congressional  activities

Deepa Goraya deepa.goraya at gmail.com <mailto:deepa.goraya at gmail.com>