[NFBV-Announce] Agenda for the Welcome to the NFBV Membership Seminar & Federation Philosophy Fest on Saturday, May 13 starting at 10:00 AM

jackibruce6 at gmail.com jackibruce6 at gmail.com
Thu May 11 15:11:53 UTC 2023

>From Tracy Soforenko, President, NFB of Virginia

We are excited for Saturday's meeting to begin promptly at 10:00  AM at the
Westin Tysons Corner.

Please arrive early and if you are purchasing a boxed lunch or hotel, please
be ready with payment. Sharon Soforenko will be collecting payment outside
the room.

Someone will be available in the hotel lobby to greet you and provide
direction but please arrive before 10:00 AM so our greeters in the lobby can
also participate in the morning's program.

Welcome to the NFB of Virginia Membership Seminar & Federation Philosophy
Fest

May 13, 2023

The Westin Tysons Corner

The Pines Room

7801 Leesburg Pike

Falls Church, Virginia

10:00A.m. Introduction Tracy Soforenko.

10:20 AM Structure of local Chapters, State Affiliates, and the National
Organization - Evelyn Valdez

10:40 AM How are organizational Priorities set at a state and national
level? - John Halverson and Michael Beattie

10:50 AM History of the NFB- tracy Soforenko

11:10 History within NFB of Virginia Alan Schlank

11:20 State Committees Divisions and Groups - Uricka Harrison

11:30 National Committees, Divisions, & Groups- Domonique Lawless

11:40 AM Virginia Federation Calendar - Renee Valdez

11:50 p.m. To 12:00p.m. Additional Questions

12:00 Noon Lunch Pick Up

12:15 PM Federation Philosophy Fest - Joanne Wilson and Tracy soforenko

1:00 PM All are invited to attend our National Federation of the Blind of
Virginia Board of Directors meeting

Tracy Soforenko

President, National Federation of the Blind of Virginia

202 285-4595

Tracy.soforenko at gmail.com <mailto:Tracy.soforenko at gmail.com>

www.nfb.org <http://www.nfb.org>

www.nfbv.org <http://www.nfbv.org>

National Federation of the Blind. Live the Life You Want