[NFBV-Announce] National Convention Tours - Pre-register for one of 3 options and other updates

jackibruce6 at gmail.com jackibruce6 at gmail.com
Fri May 12 15:10:52 UTC 2023

>From Norma Crosby, NFB of Texas President

We are racing headlong into national convention season, and I wanted to
reach out to you in order to give you an update on tours that are being
offered during the convention. Tours aren't always offered, but we have had
substantial requests to offer a couple of tours, and we added one more
because we wanted to. I had hoped to have every price nailed down by now,
but a couple of the venues we plan to visit haven't finished determining
what they want to charge us. So, as you'll see when you read the brief
article I am linking to, we are accepting pre-orders for tour seats. The
article and the form it links to will share additional information. So, I
won't repeat all that here.

I will say that we plan three tours to Space Center Houston, a tour to the
Houston Museum of Natural Science (HMNS), and one very contentious baseball
game. That is to say; we hope to take a group to see the July 7 game between
the Houston Astros and the Seattle Mariners. So, if you want to go, be sure
to stay until July 8 because the game doesn't begin until July 7, at 7:10
pm. These two teams have been known to have long, drawn-out battles. So, you
might even have to stay until the 9th. It'll be fun. I promise. Please, plan
to join us for one or more of these tours, and share the information with
your members as well. Here is the link.

https://nfbtx.org/news/59

 <https://nfbtx.org/news/59>

You should also know that we have been able to reprise Southern Strums. Back
in the day, our Texas Association of Blind Students raised some funds by
hosting an acoustic concert that included talent from around the Federation.
This year, for one year only, we are playing host to that tradition, and the
$10 cover will support our Harley Fetterman Memorial Scholarship Fund.
Harley was a dynamic young man who died from cancer when he was only 18, but
he had a huge impact on our affiliate. Therefore, we have named a
scholarship after him and consider our entire program to be a tribute to who
he was. Join us on July 5 for a great time for a great cause. You'll find
specific information in convention promotional materials, and I think it may
even be listed in the agenda. Members of our affiliate will be able to
provide information during the convention. You are all welcome, and again,
share.

We are getting so excited about seeing everyone. Please, don't miss out on
all the fun by staying at home.

See you in Houston!

Norma Crosby, President

National Federation of the Blind of Texas

1600 E Highway 6, Suite 215

Alvin, TX  77511

(281) 968-7733 (Main Office)

(281) 968-7158 (Fax)

ncrosby at nfbtx.org <mailto:ncrosby at nfbtx.org>

To schedule a meeting with me go to https://calendly.com/ncrosby/meeting

"Live the life you want."

 <https://www.nfbtx.org/>  <http://twitter.com/@nfbtx>
<http://facebook.com/BlindofTexas>

Peace,

Jacki Bruce

RISE/Silver Bells Outreach Coordinator

 <mailto:jackibruce6 at gmail.com> mailto:jackibruce6 at gmail.com
 <tel:(757)291-1789> tel:(757)291-1789
 <http://www.nfb.org/> www.nfb.org
 <http://www.nfbv.org/> www.nfbv.org

together to help blind people live the lives they want