[NFBV-Announce] Cane Drive at Convention

jackibruce6 at gmail.com jackibruce6 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 1 01:32:16 UTC 2023

From: Doninique Lawless, President

Richmond Chapter

Good Evening Virginia Federation family,

This is a reminder that during our convention, we will be hosting a cane
drive in partnership with our sponsor You Cane Give. If you have a cane that
is gently loved, in desperate need of repair, or no longer needed, please
feel free to bring it with you and drop it off in the donation box. I bet
you're asking "but what if my cane is in pieces?" No worries! The repair
team at You Cane Give doesn't let anything go to waste and have often made
new canes out of existing cane parts.

If you have a cane or canes that you would like to donate,   Please see
Becky Keller in the exhibit hall on Friday. Otherwise, please find Domonique
at the auction table during general sessions. If none of these times work
for you, please call Domonique at 615-904-4225.

In the You Cane Give presentation yesterday, Jimmy mentioned that if you are
unable to bring your cane to convention but still want to donate you can
email youcanegive at gmail.com <mailto:youcanegive at gmail.com>  and have a
shipping label sent to you to ship your canes.  A cane in the hand of a
blind person is a powerful tool of freedom. Thank you for donating to You
Cane Give. I'm looking forward to seeing you in Williamsburg.

Regards,

Dominique