[NFBV-Announce] NFBV23: Calling Blind Parents, grandparents, or really anyone who likes kids enough to ever take care of them

tracy.soforenko at gmail.com tracy.soforenko at gmail.com
Mon Oct 9 17:07:11 UTC 2023

Uncharted Territory: How to address the elephant in the room when it comes
to caring for kids as a blind or low vision care giver.

this truly is your year at convention. How do we as blind child Caregivers
effectively demonstrate and explain to naysayers how we perform everyday
childcare tasks, while keeping the kids, enriched, and most importantly,
safe. as grandparents, aunts and uncles, babysitters, and even blind
spouses, how do we effectively, concisely explain the alternative techniques
we use? Just as two parents utilize different strategies to accomplish the
same childcare task, blind parents use equally effective, alternative
techniques.

This year, the Virginia blind parents group will be addressing these issues
throughout the weekend in a program we are calling Building Confidence
Through Parenting Partnerships. This promises to be an informative,
productive, and empowering weekend!  don't miss it.

The National Federation of the Blind of Virginia Convention combines
excellent networking with positive blind role models, fellowship with old
and new friends across the Commonwealth, and some of the best presentations
on topics important to the blind of Virginia.

You will want to act before October 12 to book your hotel reservation and
register for our convention registration and meals.

Details on convention registration and hotel reservations can be found at:

https://nfbv.org/convention

Tracy Soforenko

President, National Federation of the Blind of Virginia

202 285-4595

 <mailto:Tracy.soforenko at gmail.com> Tracy.soforenko at gmail.com

 <http://www.nfb.org> www.nfb.org

 <http://www.nfbv.org> www.nfbv.org

National Federation of the Blind. Live the Life You Want