[NFBV-Announce] NFBV23: Jason ate my hotel reservation

tracy.soforenko at gmail.com tracy.soforenko at gmail.com
Mon Oct 9 02:48:51 UTC 2023

In the Friday the 13th horror movie series, nice people are happily assuming
all will work out well before very bad stuff happens caused by Jason, the
horrible, murderous super villain. As you are enjoying the movie, you want
to shake them and scream, do not wait, take action now! Your dawdling will
be bad, very bad.

When Friday October 13 hits, your chance to get a hotel reservation at the
Doubletree Williamsburg will be gone. Our hotel rates are nearly half the
price the public is paying, and we are nearly sold out of our room block. We
have planned a fantastic convention program. We have arranged exceptional
hotel room prices which will not be available after October 12 and might be
sold out beforehand. If you do not have a reservation of some kind before
October 12, you can kiss our discounted rates goodbye.

You should act right away to secure your room reservation at the NFB of
Virginia rate. Please connect with the hotel reservation staff to secure the
NFB of Virginia rate.

However, if they tell you they cannot give you the NFB rate because it is no
longer available, simply book a reservation at the prevailing rate. Then,
send your reservation email confirmation with your confirmation number to
Joe Orozco, chair of Convention Operations and he will try his best to get
you into our negotiated hotel block. But, on Friday the 13th or later, he
cannot make this happen.

However, if you delay and do not secure your room at our negotiated special
rate prior to 10/12, there is no magic that Joe and I can arrange to protect
you from the Friday the 13th monster. Our hotel rates are exceptional for
Williamsburg in the Fall and the hotel has other people willing to pay more
just to visit Williamsburg.

Furthermore, convention registration is discounted. Additionally, we have
some aspects of convention registration that will not be available after
October 12.

*	We have planned a great convention.
*	We want you there.
*	Your dawdling will have perils.
*	Act right away before all is gone.

Consider yourself warned.

The National Federation of the Blind of Virginia Convention (November 2-5)
combines excellent networking with positive blind role models, fellowship
with old and new friends across the Commonwealth, and some of the best
presentations on topics important to the blind of Virginia.

Details on convention registration and hotel reservations can be found at:

https://nfbv.org/convention

Tracy Soforenko

President, National Federation of the Blind of Virginia

202 285-4595

 <mailto:Tracy.soforenko at gmail.com> Tracy.soforenko at gmail.com

 <http://www.nfb.org> www.nfb.org

 <http://www.nfbv.org> www.nfbv.org

National Federation of the Blind. Live the Life You Want