[NFBV-Announce] What's happening and zoom!

jackibruce6 at gmail.com jackibruce6 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 18 17:54:41 UTC 2023

Hey NFB Family and Friends,

We are gearing up for our Virginia State Convention and I'm so excited
because it will be in my backyard!  In beautiful and historic Colonial
Williamsburg. There will be programs and activities for everyone from our
youth track to our seniors and everyone in between. If you haven't
registered, why not? You don't want to miss this weekend, November 2nd thru
November 5th. Register here:  <https://nfbv.org/convention>
https://nfbv.org/convention

Kudos Corner.

Check it out and support GAC and their endeavors to provide an accessible
fashion show!

Hello Friend!  Have you heard the news?

The Greater Alexandria is teaming up with IMperfeKtlymade Foundation to put
on this really cool event in October, a FASHION SHOW celebrating low vision
and blind models through fashion!  (FINALLY!  I might be discovered)

So here comes the ASK!

WE NEED MONEY to put on this one-of-a-kind event!

So, here's our plan.

To help us raise money to host this incredible fashion show, The Greater
Alexandria Chapter is putting on a MURDER MYSTERY!  That's right, a good
'ole whodunit where you can participate in trying to figure out just who is
the guilty one in the group! Our esteemed actors are working hard to get it
just right.and confuse you as much as they can!

Here's the story about this exciting event. "A STEAMPUNK MURDER"

The year is 1899. During Queen Victoria's reign, there have been huge leaps
in scientific and industrial progress. This year alone has seen the maiden
voyage of the White Star Line's largest cruise ship, the RMS Oceanic and the
British Antarctic Expedition's voyage into the Antarctic Circle.

Pivotal in government is Tobias Jugg, Minister for Transport and one of the
Empire's true industrialists. This evening, he has invited the rich, famous
and intellectual to his country home, Jugg Manor, intent on using their
intelligence to forecast the future of the Empire and his own path through
the potential rises and falls of the economy.

Little did he expect that, along with his esteemed guests, he was also
inviting a murderer!

Now, doesn't THAT sound juicy!?  YOU could be the one to crack this case!!
Here is what you need to know to play KING or QUEEN SLEUTH:

When:             Thursday, September 28, 2023

Time:              7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.  (Participants should login and be
ready to go by 6:55 p.m. so you won't miss a clue!)

Where:           ZOOM ROOM key will be provided a day in advance to those
who successfully RSVP

Cost:              $10

RSVP:             To RSVP for this event, please send your payment to The
Greater Alexandria Chapter Zelle,
NFBVGAC1 at GMAIL.COM <mailto:NFBVGAC1 at GMAIL.COM>  before Tuesday, September
26, 2023

 Once you have sent your payment to our Zelle Account, please send an email
to RENEEROME at YAHOO.COM <mailto:RENEEROME at YAHOO.COM>

 and include the full names, phone numbers and email addresses for each
individual who have paid and will be   participating in this event.

I suggest you muster up your favorite snack and beverage and curl up in
front of your computer in your comfy clothes, put your thinking cap on and
listen for those hidden clues!  No doubt this will be a total blast!  Can't
wait to see you there!

Questions?  Contact Renee Valdez, reneerome at yahoo.com
<mailto:reneerome at yahoo.com>

Renee Valdez

(703) 966-0836

Spotlight On.

Greetings once again,

Our monthly meeting is nearly here!  Students are safely engaged in school
activities  and the weather is shifting from the hot and muggies to what I
hope will be a long mild Fall.  Bring on the pumpkin spice!  This month we
will continue our discussion of state convention and start brain storming
topics for upcoming meetings.