[NFBV-Announce] Northern Virginia Bus for the NFBV State Convention - Secure your seat by 10/12

tracy.soforenko at gmail.com tracy.soforenko at gmail.com
Tue Sep 19 01:38:09 UTC 2023

From: John Halverson <jwh100 at outlook.com>

Simplify your state convention transportation and travel conveniently to the
NFB of Virginia Convention.

The National Federation of the Blind of Virginia (NFBV), Potomac Chapter, is
providing bus transportation from Arlington, Alexandria, Prince William
County, and Fredericksburg to Williamsburg for our 2023NFBV state convention
through a 54-passenger motorcoach.

The convention is scheduled from Thursday 11/2) through Sunday (11/5) at the
DoubleTree Hotel, Williamsburg.

Many exciting program activities are planned for Thursday night through
Sunday and the bus will allow you to participate in all events while
departing just after the convention concludes.

We are still working out the exact pick up and drop off locations but we
didn't want to delay in telling you so you can secure your seat.

On Thursday, November 2, we will be departing from locations in Northern
Virginia in the early afternoon which will allow you to enjoy the dinner
activities and special early programming on Thursday night.

On Sunday, we will be departing around 1:00 PM to make it possible to return
to Northern Virginia in the late afternoon.

. We will pick up passengers in Arlington, Alexandria, Prince William County
and Fredericksburg. The cost is $50 one way and $100 round trip.

On Thursday, the bus will take us directly to the hotel and will pick us up
on Sunday directly at the property, cutting out transportation costs to the
train or bus stations in Williamsburg.

We are conscious that Amtrak offers service to Williamsburg, but The
Thursday afternoon train doesn't reach Williamsburg until nearly 8:00 PM,
which means you will likely miss most of our Thursday evening programming.
Additionally, the Sunday afternoon train doesn't depart for Northern
Virginia until after 4:00 PM so you will be waiting around for the train and
will not arrive in Northern Virginia until later Sunday night.

So, make your transportation simple and affordable by securing your seat
today.

Note that once you have agreed to join us on the bus, you are making a
commitment to pay the Potomac Chapter. Payment will be collected via cash,
credit card or check on the bus or advance payment can be arranged via the
Potomac Chapter's Zell account.

Our deadline for reservations is midnight October 12.

We expect that the bus may sell out so don't delay, secure your seat today.

For further information and reservations contact me.

John Halverson

Jwh100 at outlook.com <mailto:Jwh100 at outlook.com>

703-867-6400