[NFBV-Announce] 2024 National Convention Agenda now available

jackibruce6 at gmail.com jackibruce6 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 6 20:09:30 UTC 2024

From: Tracy Soforenko, Affiliate President

The 2024 National Convention agenda is now available. We provide the agenda
below  in Word format. The latest details, other formats,  and a version in
Spanish are available at

https://nfb.org/get-involved/national-convention

2024 National Convention Agenda
#NFB24
Orlando, Florida
July 3 to July 8

Welcome to the

84th Annual Convention of the

National Federation of the Blind

Mark A. Riccobono, President

National Federation of the Blind

200 East Wells Street at Jernigan Place

Baltimore, Maryland 21230

John Berggren, Chairman

Convention Organization and Activities

Jorge Hernandez, President

Rosen Centre
9840 International Drive

Orlando, Florida 32819

800-204-7234

Welcome!

Welcome to the world’s largest gathering of the organized blind, the
National Federation of the Blind’s annual convention. Federationists and
friends will come together to showcase the power and strength of our
movement, to celebrate, to inspire, and to be inspired. More than just a
list of the myriad of sessions you can attend, the agenda contains a wealth
of information about the week including our community expectations of one
another; a description of the hotel layout; and hours for the presidential
and host affiliate suites, the exhibit hall, and the Independence Market.
Read thoroughly and plan your week. Take every opportunity to explore, make
new friends, and live the life you want at #NFB24.

Our Belief Message

The National Federation of the Blind advances the lives of its members and
all blind people in the United States. We know that blindness is not the
between blind people and our dreams. Our collective power, determination,
and diversity achieve the aspirations of all blind people.

Our Core Values

*	Believe in blind people
*	Lead courageously
*	Champion collective action
*	Foster inclusion
*	Dream big

Rookie Roundup

We welcome all first-time convention attendees to join us for an exciting
event from 8:00 to 9:30 p.m. on Wednesday, July 3, in Grand Ballroom C.
President Riccobono and other Federation leaders along with members of the
Jernigan Fund Committee will be on hand to welcome you to the convention and
preview the week’s activities. Veteran conventioneers, please encourage all
first timers to be part of this special event. We cannot wait to meet you!
In anticipation, check out our First Timer’s Guide at
<https://nfb.org/get-involved/national-convention/first-timers-guide>
https://nfb.org/get-involved/national-convention/first-timers-guide.

Inclusivity, Diversity, and Code of Conduct

We are committed to providing a welcoming, safe, and healthy environment for
everyone. Thank you for cultivating an atmosphere of mutual respect in which
participants from diverse backgrounds can learn, network, and share with
each other. We are committed to diversity, equity, and the free expression
of ideas. These principles have been outlined in our Code of Conduct found
at  <https://nfb.org/codeofconduct> https://nfb.org/codeofconduct.

We recognize a shared responsibility to create and uphold that atmosphere
for the benefit of all. Prohibited behaviors include harassment,
retaliation, and sexual misconduct. Prohibited behavior will not be
tolerated and may result in removal from the convention and/or other
consequences. To report an incident at the convention, please call
410-659-9314, extension 2475, or email code at nfb.org <mailto:code at nfb.org> .
Formal reports can be submitted at
https://nfb.org/about-us/history-and-governance/code-conduct/report-form.
All formal reports will be fully investigated according to the steps in our
Code of Conduct. For support or guidance, connect with our Survivors Group
at survivors at nfb.org <mailto:survivors at nfb.org>  or call 410-659-9314,
extension 2238, during the convention hours listed in this agenda. Thank you
for your commitment to the safety and support of the blind community.

Convention Registration

Registration activities take place in the Prefunction foyer outside of the
Grand Ballroom beginning at 9:00 a.m. on Wednesday and Thursday. At 9:00
a.m. on Friday and at other times as listed throughout the week,
registration activities will be located at Registration Desk 1 near the
Grand Ballroom. All convention attendees (both local and from out of town)
are asked to register. Those who registered for convention online may pick
up their registration packets in the area designated “Preregistration.”
Those who did not register online can do so at the area designated
“Registration.” Please have your payment method ready as you approach the
cashier. Convention registration is a requirement for door prize eligibility
and a number of other convention activities. We condition rates for hotel
rooms on proof of registration, including the showing of an NFB registration
badge, if requested.

Exhibit Hall and Independence Market

The Exhibit Hall and the NFB Independence Market are located across the
second-floor skywalk in West Hall A1 of the Orange County Convention Center
(OCCC). Please note that the hours for the Exhibit Hall have changed this
year.

Exhibit Hall hours of operation are:

*	Thursday            9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
*	Friday                 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
*	Saturday             Noon to 1:45 p.m. and 5:00 to 9:00 p.m. (final
opportunity

                                                          to visit the
Exhibit Hall)

Independence Market hours of operation are:

*          Thursday                         9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.

*          Friday                              9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.

*         Saturday            Noon to 1:45 p.m.

*          Sunday                            Noon to 1:45 p.m. (final
opportunity to visit the Market)

Presidential and Host Affiliate Suites

The Presidential Suite (2455) and the Host Affiliate Suite (to be announced)
are open during much of the convention. All are welcome to come to these
suites to visit. Appointments to meet with President Riccobono may be made
at the Presidential Suite. The Presidential and Host Affiliate Suites will
be open during the following times:

*	Tuesday         4:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
*	Wednesday    7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
*	Thursday        7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
*	Friday             7:00 a.m. to 8:45 a.m. and Noon to 7:00 p.m.
*	Saturday        7:00 a.m. to 8:45 a.m., Noon to 1:45 p.m., and 5:00
to 7:00 p.m.
*	Sunday          7:00 a.m. to 8:45 a.m., Noon to 1:45 p.m., and 5:00
to 7:00 p.m.
*	Monday          7:00 a.m. to 8:45 a.m. and Noon to 1:45 p.m.

Suite numbers will be shared via social media, posted in the convention
mobile app, announced at the board meeting, and publicized in a number of
other ways.

Survivor Safe Space

As a part of our ongoing efforts to provide safety, support, and inclusion
within the National Federation of the Blind, the Blind Survivors Group is
providing a safe space for survivors and individuals who have been impacted
or harmed by sexual misconduct and other forms of abuse within the NFB and
affiliated programs/events. We welcome you to drop in for confidential peer
support, to discuss questions/concerns about ongoing safety and support
measures within the NFB, and to access resources for additional support. The
safe space, in meeting Salon 18, will be available Wednesday through Monday,
from 5:15 to 6:15 p.m.

If you are not able to participate in the survivor safe space and need
additional support or have further questions during the convention, you may
email  <mailto:survivors at nfb.org> survivors at nfb.org or call 410-659-9314,
extension 2238. A member of the Blind Survivors Group will respond to calls
within six hours between the hours of 10:00 a.m. and 10:00 p.m. during the
week of convention.

Quiet Space

In the National Federation of the Blind, we recognize that attending such a
busy and bustling event like national convention can be overwhelming. That's
why we've created a Quiet Room/Low Sensory Space in Salon 19 for those who
need a break from the stimulation and noise of the convention. This space is
designed to provide a calm and peaceful environment. We ask that all
visitors respect the quiet atmosphere by using headphones, refraining from
conversations and phone calls, and engaging in activities that may disturb
others.

Wednesday, July 3, 2024

Any agenda changes made after Braille and print production can be accessed
on the NFB24 app or at https://nfb.org/convention. Changes will be marked
with an asterisk (*).

7:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. NOPBC Youth Track

Salon 17

Registration outside NOPBC Conference; for youth 11-18; free of charge.
Refer to the Youth Track agenda for activity details.

7:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Dreams, Creativity, and Skills: The Recipe for Success

Salon 12

Registration until June 30: adults $35, families $50, children (0-18) free.
Registration is available on-site. For more details, visit
https://nopbc.org/all-events. Sponsored by the National Organization of
Parents of Blind Children Division (NOPBC).

Cassandra McKinney, President

7:30 - 8:45 a.m. Registration

9:00 - 10:30 a.m. Opening Session

10:45 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. NOPBC Concurrent Workshops Session I

Empowering Parents of Kids with Additional Disabilities (Salon 12)

Independent Movement and Travel: From Crossing the Street to Going Abroad
(Salon 13)

Grounding the Helicopter (Salon 14)

Access Leads to Success (Salon 15)

1:45 - 3:00 p.m. NOPBC Concurrent Workshops Session II

Blaming It on Blindness (Salon 12)

Age- and Stage-Appropriate Cooking (Salon 13)

Moving to the Beat of Your Own Drum (Salon 14)

Having Fun with Braille (Salon 15)

3:15 - 4:30 p.m. NOPBC Concurrent Workshops Session III

Integrating Print and Braille: A Recipe for Literacy (Salon 12)

Raising a Problem-Solver (Salon 13)

Aaagghh—My Baby Is Blind/Low Vision! Where Do I Begin? (Salon 14)

Monarch—The Future of Braille Textbooks and Tactile Graphics (Salon 15)

7:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Contemporary Issues in Rehabilitation and Education
for the Blind—23rd Annual Rehabilitation and Orientation and Mobility
Conference

Salon 9

Participate in the only annual national conference focused on structured
discovery teaching and education for the blind. Learn about the various
professional certifications, partnerships, and opportunities the NBPCB has
to offer. Registration ( <https://nbpcb.org/members/er.php?eid=564>
https://nbpcb.org/members/er.php?eid=564) is $100 before June 15, $115
afterwards. Registration available on-site.

Sponsored by National Blindness Professional Certification Board (NBPCB) and
the

Professional Development and Research Institute on Blindness (PDRIB) at the
Louisiana Tech University.

8:00 - 9:00 a.m. Ambassadors Committee Meeting

Salon 8

8:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. Jernigan Institute Technology Seminars

Salon 3

8:00 - 9:30 a.m. Reporting Inaccessibility Self-Advocacy Toolkit

Learn about the new online toolkit that walks users through the process of
self-advocating for accessible software. There will be an open discussion on
personal experiences related to self-advocacy.

10:00 - 11:30 a.m. How Companies Are Implementing Artificial Intelligence
(AI)

Discover how companies like Google, Amazon, and Microsoft are using AI in
their products and services.

1:30 - 3:00 p.m. Accessibility in Video Games

Explore accessible video games with live demos of the Xbox Series S and PS5
consoles.

Presenters: Kennedy Zimnik and Karl Belanger, CENA Staff, National
Federation
of the Blind

8:30 a.m. NFB Camp

Salon 21

Preregistration by June 15 was required. Please refer to convention note 11
for further information.

9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Registration ($30), Packet Pickup, and Banquet Ticket
Sales ($80)

Grand Ballroom Prefunction Foyer

9:00 - 11:00 a.m. Employment Committee Meeting

Salon 16

Annual meeting of the NFB Employment Committee. Learn about past and current
events and committee initiatives. This year our meeting is combined with an
orientation to the Career Fair. Come to learn more!

Jennifer Wenzel and Lia Stone, Co-Chairs

9:30 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. SSP Training

Salon 5

Do you know a deafblind person? Have you ever wondered how you could assist

deafblind person navigate around our national convention? The DeafBlind
Division
is pleased to offer our first annual volunteer SSP training. All SSPs are
encouraged
to attend.

Maurice Mines, President

10:00 - 11:00 a.m. Target Accessibility: Meet the Team and Q&A

Salon 2

Learn how Target’s Digital Accessibility team ensures our apps, website, and
other digital experiences are accessible to all. We welcome any
accessibility questions and feedback. We will share several times throughout
the hour, so come when you like and stay as long as you want.
Hai Nguyen Ly, Sr. Accessibility Consultant, Target

11:00 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. Digital Braille: Charting the Path Ahead

Grand Ballroom D

Interested in APH's future plans for Monarch, eBraille, and refreshable
Braille devices? Join Greg Stilson and his team to see what's in store for
Braille readers in the
coming year.

Greg Stilson, Senior Director, Global Innovations, American Printing House
for the Blind

12:00 - 1:00 p.m. Sleep & Non-24-Hour Sleep-Wake Disorder

Salon 7

Non-24-Hour Sleep-Wake Disorder, or Non-24 for short, is a condition common
in blind patients. Come learn more about circadian rhythms, sleep, and
Non-24.

Vanda Pharmaceuticals Nurse Educators

1:00 - 1:45 p.m. Amazon Devices Accessibility Overview

Grand Ballroom A

Amazon obsesses about customer delight, and that includes customers with
disabilities. In this session, Amazon accessibility experts will discuss the
latest accessibility features for Fire TV, Fire tablet, Echo Show, Kindle,
Smart Glasses,
and more.

Peter Korn, Director of Accessibility, Amazon Devices & Services

1:00 - 4:00 p.m. Career Fair

Executive Ballroom H

Come to meet national and regional employers including many of our
convention sponsors and Florida employers. This is your first step to a
great future! Preregistration required. Sorry, no walk-ins. Sponsored by the
NFB Employment Committee.
Jennifer Wenzel and Lia Stone, Co-Chairs

1:00 - 4:00 p.m. HumanWare Product Discussion and Updates

Salon 4

Bring your questions and feedback to our yearly user group sessions. We will
discuss and demonstrate updates to our existing products and introduce new
ones.

Peter Tucic and Joel Zimba, HumanWare

1:00 - 5:00 p.m. NAGDU Annual Seminar

Salon 2

You’re invited to join NAGDU for our annual seminar. Explore advocacy,
veterinary insights, and community updates all in one comprehensive event.
Join us as we empower and support each other on our journey with our guide
dogs.

Stacie Gallegos and Paul Sandoval, NAGDU Annual Seminar Co-Chairs

1:00 - 6:00 p.m. Drop-In Art Room

Salon 10

Free tactile art exhibition and art activities for everyone! Come with
friends or come and meet new people. We will be teaching, at different
times, raised line drawing, coloring, sculpting, origami folding, SVG
coding, and LEGO building. We will also have tactile picture books!

Ann Cunningham, Coordinator

1:30 - 4:30 p.m. NOPBC Youth Track

Salon 17

For youth 11-18. Refer to the Youth Track agenda for activity details.

2:00 - 2:45 p.m. Audio Description at Prime Video

Grand Ballroom A

Prime Video has been working with customers and advocacy groups to make our
content more accessible by improving the availability and quality of audio
descriptions. We will present our learnings and the evolving mental models
on quality across scripts, mixing, and voicing of AD.

Chris Nooney, Principal Product Manager for Prime Video, Amazon

2:00 - 3:00 p.m. Blind Professional Journalists Meet & Greet

Salon 16

Share tips for building a journalism career. Come join the Blind
Professional Journalists Group as we discuss how we work in an exciting,
dynamic profession. Let’s exchange ideas on technology and blindness skills
to help us move forward.

Elizabeth Campbell, Chair

2:00 - 5:00 p.m. Seniors Taking Charge: Managing in a Disaster

Salon 5

Learn how to manage in a disaster using advice from experts in disaster
preparedness and the use of nonvisual tools.

Glenn Crosby, President

3:00 - 3:45 p.m. Building for A11y with AWS Cloudscape

Grand Ballroom A

Cloudscape, the Amazon Web Service (AWS) design system, forms the foundation

of AWS services and products. In this session, AWS accessibility and design
experts will dive into the process of creating the Cloudscape Design System
with accessibility in mind.

Samantha Barry, Marwa Abdalrazeq, and Akanksha Garg, Amazon

3:30 - 4:30 p.m. Unlock Financial Freedom with Penny Forward

Salon 6

Learn to manage income and expenses while receiving SSI and SSDI, maintain
records, and handle overpayments. Discover ABLE accounts to save $100K
without risking SSI. Join our courses and workshops for practical financial
skills.

Chris Peterson, Founder and CEO, Penny Forward

4:00 - 5:00 p.m. Accessibility Features—Andriod & Chrome OS

Grand Ballroom D

Learn about A11y features for low-vision and blind users on the Android
device and Chromebook.

Nimer Jaber, Leonid Prazdnik, Siri Gubba, and Jay Prabhunathan, Google

4:00 - 5:00 p.m. Living with Multiple Disabilities

Salon 16

New bonds are built and understanding strengthened by bringing together
members who share the unique experiences and challenges that come with
living at the intersection of various disabilities and blindness. Join us
with an open heart and willingness to connect with others.

Moderators: Bobbi A. L. Pompey and Doula Jarboe

5:15 - 7:30 p.m. NBPCB Reception: Networking/Mix & Mingle

Salon 11

Come network and speak with professionals following the NBPCB Rehab
Conference. Hear about the newest certificants who are newly SD certified
and about job opportunities across the nation. Cash bar and light snacks
will be available.

6:30 - 8:30 p.m. Seminario Hispano

Salon 2

Ven a conocer a la federación, nuestras historias y recursos valiosos en
español. Te esperamos en el evento más importante para conocer, conectar y
compartir con nuestra comunidad hispanohablante.
Nota: El seminario será completamente en español.

Aleyda Santos, Coordinadora

6:30 - 9:00 p.m. Technology Evaluation Exhibitors Showcase

Grand Ballroom A

Join the Technology Evaluation Committee’s Exhibitors Showcase to learn
about low- to high-tech products, from hardware to software and more. Hear
the latest from our vendors at this free session. You do not have to be a
committee member to attend.

Mark Jones, Chair

7:00 - 8:00 p.m. Blind and MENA: A Different Type of Brown

Salon 13

Members who are American Arab, North African, Middle Eastern, Muslim, and
Sikh face unique challenges in post-9/11 America, especially around
blindness and access to services. Learn about identity, stereotypes,
challenges experienced by, and resources for these individuals.

Moderator: Ronza Othman

7:00 - 8:30 p.m. NOPBC Family Games Night

Salon 1

Sponsored by National Organization of Parents of Blind Children (NOPBC).

8:00 - 9:30 p.m. Rookie Roundup

Grand Ballroom C

First-time convention attendees: don’t miss this event! President Riccobono
and other Federation leaders, along with members of the Jernigan Fund
Committee, will be on hand to welcome you to the convention and preview the
week’s activities.

Pam Allen, Chair and First Vice President, National Federation of the Blind;
President, National Federation of the Blind of Louisiana; Director,
Louisiana Center for the Blind

Thursday, July 4, 2024

Any agenda changes made after Braille and print production can be accessed
on the NFB24 app or at  <https://nfb.org/convention>
https://nfb.org/convention. Changes will be marked with an asterisk (*).

8:00 - 10:00 a.m. Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee Meeting

Salon 7

Hear of the progress that we, as an organization, are making in the areas of
diversity, equity, and inclusion. How can we drive DEI efforts across the
Federation in fulfillment of our movement’s strategic priorities? Bring your
questions, feedback, and concerns to the committee.

Moderators: Shawn Callaway and Kenia Flores

8:30 - 11:00 a.m. Committee for Advancement and Promotion of Braille

Salon 16

The committee will discuss developments in the teaching and delivery of
Braille, research priorities, Braille-related policy, strategies for
bringing improvements where needed, and resources and activities across our
organization. All are welcome!

Jennifer Dunnam, Chair

9:00 - 10:00 a.m. AI for Accessibility

Salon 3

Join Microsoft technologists and explore the ways AI is transforming our
assistive technologies, from screen readers to assistive applications. This
session will introduce select AI features and products and demo their daily
applicability for blind and low-vision users.

Microsoft Accessibility Team

9:00 - 11:00 a.m. Membership Committee Meeting

Salon 12

Members represent our most powerful asset. All those who are interested in
joining the membership committee to discuss innovative ideas to grow,
nurture, and sustain membership in the organized blind movement are welcome.

Denise Avant, Chair

9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. Seeking Success: Employment, Exploration, and
Entrepreneurship

Salons 1 and 2

Job seeker seminar with new time and new format! Come to a large group
session and then break into smaller groups focusing on career exploration
and the pros and cons of starting your own business. Give feedback on future
topics.

Jennifer Wenzel and Lia Stone, Co-Chairs

9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. NFB Sports and Recreation Business Meeting

Salon 11

Learn about adaptive sports, inclusive fitness and recreation opportunities,
and build community at our annual business meeting. Let’s move to keep the
movement alive!

Richie Flores, President

9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Registration ($30), Packet Pickup, and Banquet Ticket
Sales ($80)

Grand Ballroom Prefunction Foyer

9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Exhibit Hall and Independence Market

WA1, Convention Center

9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Drop by the JAWS AI Suite

Salon 5

Get hands-on training with some of our newest AI-powered features including
Picture Smart AI and Face in View and bring your JAWS questions. You will
also have an exclusive opportunity to try out and give us feedback on a
preview of our newest upcoming feature!

10:00 - 11:00 a.m. HIMS Product Showcase

Salon 9

Come join us to learn how to be more informed, organized, and entertained
with products such as the BrailleSense 6, BrailleSense 6 Mini, QBraille XL,
the SensePlayer, and the new Braille eMotion.

10:00 - 11:00 a.m. Intro to OrCam's Latest Tech: MyEye 3 and Read 3

Salon 4

OrCam's newest innovations, the MyEye 3 and Read 3, are here. Come learn
about the latest “Just Ask” feature, an AI assistant that provides immediate

Josue Rivera, Area Sales Manager, Florida

10:00 - 11:30 a.m. LGBT+ Group: A Meeting for Community Members

Salon 14

Open to all community members and allies. Join us to learn about being LGBT+
in the NFB, how to get involved, and various advocacy efforts throughout the
United States.

Sanho Steele-Louchart, Chair

11:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. Accessible Products for Life, Work and Play

Salon 3

Microsoft’s VIP experts showcase our suite of accessibility features
tailored to the needs of blind and LV users. Join our team for interactive
demo sessions showcasing new products and exciting updates to our
community’s well-established favorites.

Microsoft Accessibility Team

11:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. Navigating the Future: Unveiling AI-Powered
Innovations in JAWS

Grand Ballroom D

Join Ryan Jones to discuss what has been going on with JAWS and ZoomText
over the past year and how AI is helping us break down barriers. You don’t
want to miss learning about Picture Smart AI, Face in View, and what we are
doing next! Let’s join together and explore our future.

Ryan Jones, VP Software & Product Management, Vispero

12:00 - 1:00 p.m. Mujeres of the Federation

Salon 13

Join blind Latina women to network, share successes, and tackle challenges
together and help develop the next generation of Latina leaders in the
National Federation of the Blind.

Moderator: Kenia Flores

1:00 p.m. Resolutions Committee

Grand Ballroom C

Zoom meeting ID: 977 2977 7580

1CapApp Event: https://ECS.1capapp.com/event/nfb
<https://url.us.m.mimecastprotect.com/s/In6gC4xYgATBg3gBtO4Qjj?domain=ecs.1c
apapp.com>

Donald Porterfield, Chair

1:00 - 6:00 p.m. Drop-In Art Room

Salon 10

Free tactile art exhibition and art activities for everyone! Come with
friends or come and meet new people. We will be teaching, at different
times, raised line drawing, coloring, sculpting, origami folding, SVG
coding, and LEGO building. We will also have tactile picture books!

Ann Cunningham, Coordinator

1:00 - 2:30 p.m. LGBT+: Education for Everyone

Salon 14

What does being LGBT+ have to do with blindness? How do blind LGBT+ people
live, work, and love? Sincere questions will be answered in kind. This
session is offered courtesy of our LGBT+ members who seek to educate
separately from our primary meeting.

Sanho Steele-Louchart, Chair

2:00 - 3:00 p.m. Blind Survivors Group Meetup

Salon 16

Celebrate the spirit of survival on this Independence Day. Let’s talk about
the struggle and the quest for resilience, and support each other in our
individual, unique journeys.

Christine Faltz Grassman, Chair

4:00 - 5:00 p.m. Wells Fargo: Banking on Your Future

Salon 9

Join members of Wells Fargo in conversation about the importance of
accessibility to pursue financial goals.

Andrew Holbrook, PhD, Chief Accessibility Officer, Wells Fargo

4:00 - 5:30 p.m. Aira: Visual Interpreting and Access AI

Salon 12

Aira presents Access AI! The only collaborative AI experience where the
human visual interpreter can verify image descriptions! Come and meet many
members of the
Aira team!

Troy Otillio, CEO, and Everette Bacon, VP Blindness Initiatives

4:15 - 5:45 p.m. Twenty-Fourth NABL Mock Trial (Admission: $5)

Executive H

Federation lawyers oppose each other to enact a case addressing the civil
rights of blind people, and the audience serves as the jury. The subject
matter is serious, but the courtroom portrayers are very entertaining.

Ronza Othman, President, National Association of Blind Lawyers

5:00 - 6:30 p.m. Fourth Annual Blind Muslims Group Seminar

Salon 14

Diverse in Culture United in Faith: Our struggle in finding our space in the
blindness movement. Join us to network and to learn about our group and our
involvement. Connect via listserv nfb-muslims at nfbnet.org
<mailto:nfb-muslims at nfbnet.org>  or email the chair, Tasnim Alshuli,
nfbmuslims at gmail.com <mailto:nfbmuslims at gmail.com> .

Tasnim Alshuli, Chair

5:30 - 6:30 p.m. NOPBC Youth Track

Salon 17

For youth 11-18. Refer to the Youth Track agenda for activity details.

5:30 - 7:30 p.m. Greek and Masonic Group

Salon 7

Are you a member of a national Greek organization, the Masons, or the
Eastern Star? Help build our relationships with Greek letter organizations
to ensure inclusion and participation, to engage in fundraising, and to
serve as a resource for the blind considering membership.

Shawn Callaway, Chair

6:00 - 9:00 p.m. Blind Christians Group

Salon 16

Publishers of Christian literature will provide an update regarding the work
of their

respective organizations. Learn about ministries in which blind people are
involved in their local communities.

Linda Mentink, Chair

6:00 - 10:00 p.m. NABS Annual Business Meeting

Grand Ballroom A

All are welcome to join our lively division as we dive into all things blind
students! Registration begins at 6:00, followed by programming at 7:00. Only
members who have completed our membership process before June 30 will be
eligible to participate in official business.

Lauren Altman, President

7:00 - 8:00 p.m. Blindness in AAPI Communities

Salon 13

Join us to explore the intersection of Asian-American and Pacific Islander
(AAPI) identity and blindness. Discuss unique challenges faced by our
community, gain insights, celebrate diverse experiences, foster inclusive
communities, and explore pathways to empowerment.

7:00 - 8:30 p.m. SSI and SSDI 101: What You Need to Know

Salon 9

Ever wonder what the difference between Blind Work Expenses and Impairment
Related Work Expenses is? Afraid you might go over the SSDI earnings cliff?
Hear from an expert on these programs and have all your questions answered.

Michael Dalto, Social Security Expert

7:00 - 9:00 p.m. NFB in Judaism Meeting

Salon 8

Join us as we hear from Rabbi Larry Sarko as he shares his Braille Sefer
Torah Scroll. We will also hear from Livia Thompson, Executive Director, JBI
International, on what that outstanding organization is working on. We will
also have some time to meet each other.

Stewart Prost, Chair

7:30 - 9:00 p.m. Advancing our Advocacy: Legislative Meet Up

Salon 12

An opportunity for members interested in advocating for the rights of the
nation’s blind to interact with our government affairs specialists and
exchange strategies to advance our legislative priorities at the local,
state, and federal levels.

Jesse Shirek, Jeff Kaloc, and Justin Young, Government Affairs Specialists,
National Federation of the Blind

Friday, July 5, 2024

Any agenda changes made after Braille and print production can be accessed
on the NFB24 app or at  <https://nfb.org/convention>
https://nfb.org/convention. Changes will be marked with an asterisk (*).

9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Registration ($30), Packet Pickup, and Banquet Ticket
Sales ($80)

Registration Desk 1

9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Exhibit Hall and Independence Market

WA1, Convention Center

9:00 - 11:30 a.m. NFB Board Meeting

Grand Ballroom

Zoom meeting ID: 977 2977 7580

1CapApp Event:
<https://url.us.m.mimecastprotect.com/s/In6gC4xYgATBg3gBtO4Qjj?domain=ecs.1c
apapp.com> https://ECS.1capapp.com/event/nfb

11:30 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. Banquet Exchange

Grand Ballroom C Prefunction Foyer

12:15 - 4:00 p.m. National Organization of Parents of Blind Children (NOPBC)
Annual Meeting

Salon 1

Hear from the Distinguished Educator of Blind Children and our technology
exhibitors; learn about cutting-edge products and opportunities for our
kids. Experience Parent Power; participate in our business meeting,
elections, and much more!

Cassandra McKinney, President

12:15 - 4:00 p.m. NOPBC Youth Track

Salon 17

For youth 11-18. Refer to the Youth Track agenda for activity details.

12:30 - 5:00 p.m. NFB in Computer Science

Salon 3

Enhancing nonvisual access to information technology and improving the
ability of blind information and computer technology professionals to
compete in today’s world.

Brian Buhrow, President

1:00 - 4:00 p.m. Writers Division Business Meeting and Author Round Up

Salon 6

Join us and meet fellow self-published and mainstream published authors who
can help you to improve your own skills. Come prepared to be creative. The
cost for attendance is $10. We will see you there and may have some
surprises in store.

Shelley Alongi, President

1:00 - 4:00 p.m. National Association of Blind Merchants

Grand Ballroom D

Innovation 24: Innovation—the driving force behind progress, creativity,
inspiration, problem solving and the exploration of new ideas. Innovation
requires courage and a commitment to excellence. Join the
merchants/entrepreneurs to discuss building relationships and partnerships
and developing opportunities in the Randolph-Sheppard Program and small
business.

Nicky Gacos, President

1:00 - 4:00 p.m. National Association of Blind Rehabilitation Professionals

Salon 12

Join your peers in blind rehabilitation as we share ideas, resources, and
gather tools for this year’s rehab toolbox. Together we will energize each
other as we raise expectations for skills, positive blindness philosophy,
and of course, confidence, independence, and jobs.

Amy Porterfield, President

1:00 - 4:00 p.m. National Organization of Blind Educators

Salon 13

Educators who are blind teach sighted and blind students from infants to
adults working toward post-graduate degrees. If you are blind and an
educator, or are considering a career in teaching, come join us to share
strategies, tips, and tools of
the trade.

Cayte Mendez, President

1:00 - 5:00 p.m. DeafBlind Division and Business Meeting

Salon 15

Come join us for exciting updates and news about I Can Connect, Braille
displays, Cochlear implants, and more. Make sure your dues are paid before
the meeting to be able to vote in the elections for board members. If
necessary, you may pay dues before the meeting.

Maurice Mines, President

1:00 - 5:00 p.m. Diabetes Action Network Meeting

Salon 10

Come learn about blind diabetics who are self-sufficient, manage their
disease, and work for the development of technology equivalent to that
available to other diabetics. Join with those who have overcome being scared
and who have embraced the challenge of this disease.

Debbie Wunder, President

1:00 - 5:00 p.m. Performing Arts Division and Audition Workshop

Salon 2

Join us for our annual business meeting followed by an interactive workshop
($5 entry) all about auditioning with confidence. Time for networking
included. Renew your membership by July 1 to ensure you can participate in
all business at the meeting by visiting www.nfb-pad.org
<http://www.nfb-pad.org> .

Katelyn MacIntyre, President

1:00 - 5:00 p.m. Seniors Division Meeting

Salon 4

1:00 p.m. Registration

1:30 p.m. Annual meeting of the National Federation of the Blind Seniors
Division

Glenn Crosby, President

1:00 - 6:30 p.m. National Association of Blind Lawyers Division

Salon 9

Examine challenges and opportunities for blind attorneys and law students;
learn about legal updates impacting the blind; share practice tips and
technology tools for blind lawyers. Register at www.blindlawyers.net
<http://www.blindlawyers.net> .

1:00 p.m. Division meeting

4:30 p.m. Ticketed reception

Ronza Othman, President

1:30 - 5:00 p.m. Assistive Technology Trainers Division

Salon 14

Current and aspiring tech trainers: join us for professional development,
networking, and fellowship. We’ll explore what it takes to become a great
trainer, how to help our students build sustainable digital literacy skills,
and what’s new in the world of AT.

Chancey Fleet, President

2:00 - 5:00 p.m. Professionals in Blindness Education Division

Salon 7

All professionals serving students from birth through age twenty-one are
welcome and encouraged to join our informative and interactive meeting. Come
network and collaborate, sharing and learning with colleagues and future
educators.

Emily Gibbs, President

2:30 - 5:00 p.m. Human Services Division Annual Meeting

Salon 8

Do you have a passion for working with people? If so, we invite you to join
our meeting! We will have dynamic speakers, important discussions, and a fun
activity or two. Join us for a time of professional development and
networking!

Sarah Patnaude, President

3:00 - 7:00 p.m. National Association of Blind Veterans Meeting

Signature 2

3:00 p.m. Reception

4:00 p.m. Sit-down meal

5:00 p.m. Business meeting with guest speakers

Vernon Humphrey, President

4:00 - 8:00 p.m. Sexual Health Education Open House: Learn on Your Terms

Grand Ballroom A

In collaboration with Indiana University School of Public Health, the NFB
Board of Directors invites you to the first blind-led, blind-centered sexual
health education event. This open house features information on reproductive
anatomy, identity, healthy relationships, pregnancy, parenting,
contraception and family planning, STIs, and sexual pleasure. Blind
facilitators with expertise will be available to support your learning as
you navigate this self-paced, exhibit-hall-style event. Drop in any time.
This event is for adults only. Contact Mika Baugh (mikabaug at iu.edu
<mailto:mikabaug at iu.edu> ) for more information.

4:30 - 6:30 p.m. Braille Book Fair

Executive H

New/used Braille and print/Braille books—fiction, nonfiction, early readers,
cookbooks, and more—all free!

4:30 p.m. Blind children only

5:00 p.m. Open to all

Volunteers box and ship books Free Matter. Donations welcome. Sponsored by
National Organization of Parents of Blind Children and American Action Fund
for Blind Children and Adults.

5:30 - 6:30 p.m. Sleep & Non-24-Hour Sleep-Wake Disorder

Salon 1

Non-24-Hour Sleep-Wake Disorder, or Non-24 for short, is a condition common
in blind patients. Come learn more about circadian rhythms, sleep, and
Non-24.

Vanda Pharmaceuticals Nurse Educators

5:30 - 7:00 p.m. Affiliate Presidents and Treasurers

Salon 12

All state affiliate presidents and treasurers are asked to attend this
session to discuss affiliate finances and other aspects of organization
administration with facilitators Valerie Warrington and Bridgid Burke.

5:45 - 7:00 p.m. A Celebration of Shabbat (the Sabbath)

Suite 2456

Join with other Federationists who happen to be Jewish in welcoming Shabbat
(the Sabbath) with perhaps some wine, bread (challah), lighting the Shabbat
candles, and perhaps a short Friday evening service before people go off to
other events.

6:00 - 7:30 p.m. Blind Parents Group: 0 to 5 Years Old

Salon 14

This year, the Blind Parents Group will host two separate sessions for blind
parents. This session will focus on parents with children under 5. Come
prepared with questions. Kids welcome.

Lisamaria Martinez, Chair

6:00 - 7:30 p.m. Ready for Adventure at the Colorado Center

Salon 4

Come to Colorado, change your life! Through structured discovery, you will
gain belief in yourself. Hear from staff, students, and alumni—their stories
will inspire you. Arrive at 6:00 p.m. The program will begin promptly at
6:15 p.m. Challenge yourself and create opportunities.

Julie Deden, Executive Director

6:00 - 9:00 p.m. Legal Office Hours

Salon 16

Meet with a disability rights attorney to discuss blindness discrimination
concerns. Reservations are required. To reserve your spot, email
<mailto:legal at nfb.org> legal at nfb.org or call 410-659-9314, extension 2440,
by June 21.

6:00 - 10:00 p.m. National Organization of Blind Black Leaders Division

Grand Ballroom D

Happy anniversary NOBBL! Registration with complimentary snacks will take
place 6:00 - 7:00 p.m. Come join our division annual meeting and hear an
inspirational presentation by Black leaders from the Florida affiliate.
Theme: Rooted in Passion, United in Purpose.

Shawn Callaway, President

6:00 - 10:00 p.m. National Association of Guide Dog Users

Salon 3

Come learn how to make an informed choice when deciding to get a guide dog.
Get current updates from our legal counsel about matters pertaining to guide
dog users’ airline and rideshare travel. Find out what NAGDU has been up to
over the past year and elect our leaders!

Raul Gallegos, President

6:30 - 8:30 p.m. Sports and Recreation Division: Adaptive Fitness Activity

Junior Ballroom G

Accessible yoga, body weight training, inclusive movement exercise to keep
the body loose and healthy throughout convention.

Richie Flores, President

6:30 - 10:00 p.m. Science and Engineering Division

Salon 11

6:30 p.m. Registration

7:00 p.m. Meeting

Learn about one person’s experiences with the Orbit Research Graphiti
interactive tablet display, new developments at Orbit Research, effective
methods for completing college STEM courses, and other topics concerning the
blind access to STEM.

John Miller, President

7:00 p.m. Dad’s Night Out

All dads, sighted and blind, are welcome to come. Call Chris Butler at
571-606-6868 for location. Sponsored by National Organization of Parents of
Blind Children (NOPBC).

7:00 - 9:00 p.m. National Association of Blind Government Employees

Salon 8

Join employees, retirees, and applicants for employment of federal, state,
and local government entities, including pseudo-government entities, as we
explore barriers and opportunities related to access, employment, and
benefits.

Ronza Othman, President

7:00 - 9:00 p.m. Ignite NFB-NEWSLINE® across Your State!

Salon 10

NFB-NEWSLINE coordinators, unleash NFB-NEWSLINE’s potential in your state.
Join us for marketing strategies and success stories. Let’s amplify
information accessibility together. This event is geared toward NFB-NEWSLINE
coordinators, but all are welcome!

Scott White, Director of Sponsored Technology Programs, National Federation
of the Blind

7:30 - 8:30 p.m. White Cane Committee and Fundraising Seminar

Salon 13

Let’s put the FUN back in Fundraising! Come and participate in an
interactive session and share ideas on how to plan and implement an
affiliate fundraiser. State presidents, please send a representative from
your state.

Everette Bacon, Chair, and Patti Chang, Director of Outreach, National
Federation of the Blind

8:00 - 9:00 p.m. Friends of Recovery Meeting

Salon 15

All convention attendees interested in getting or remaining clean and sober
are welcome to our confidential meeting. For more information, call
828-505-0338.

8:00 - 10:00 p.m. Blind Parents Group: Kids over 5 years old

Salon 14

This year, the Blind Parents Group will host two separate sessions for blind
parents. This session will focus on parents with children in elementary
school and beyond. Come prepared with questions. Kids welcome.

Lisamaria Martinez, Chair

Saturday, July 6, 2024

Any agenda changes made after Braille and print production can be accessed
on the NFB24 app or at  <https://nfb.org/convention>
https://nfb.org/convention. Changes will be marked with an asterisk (*).

8:00 - 8:45 a.m. Devotions

Salon 14

8:15 - 8:45 a.m. Registration ($30), Packet Pickup, and Banquet Ticket Sales
($80)

Registration Desk 1

8:15 - 8:45 a.m. Banquet Exchange

Grand Ballroom C Prefunction Foyer

Opening General Session (Saturday)

Grand Ballroom

Zoom meeting ID: 977 2977 7580

1CapApp Event:
<https://url.us.m.mimecastprotect.com/s/In6gC4xYgATBg3gBtO4Qjj?domain=ecs.1c
apapp.com> https://ECS.1capapp.com/event/nfb

9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.

Call to Order and Invocation

Presentation of Colors and Pledge of Allegiance

National Association of Blind Veterans, a Division of the National
Federation of the Blind

In the Federation We Trust: Welcoming the Family Back to Florida

National Federation of the Blind of Florida Board of Directors

Celebration of Freedom: Veterans Recognized

Vernon Humphrey, President, National Association of Blind Veterans,
a Division of the National Federation of the Blind; Mauk, Georgia

Roll Call of States and Appointment of Nominating Committee

Reports and Resolutions

Adjourn

12:00 - 1:45 p.m. Banquet Exchange

Grand Ballroom C Prefunction Foyer

12:00 - 1:45 p.m. Exhibit Hall and Independence Market

WA1, Convention Center

12:15 - 1:15 p.m. All Aboard to Talk with Amtrak about Accessibility

Salon 14

Amtrak wants to hear from all blind travelers to help improve the system.
Amtrak would appreciate knowing what is working, what needs fixing, and any
suggestions on how to advance the system for the future.

Dr. David Handera, Vice President, Stations, Facilities, Properties, and
Accessibility, Amtrak

12:15 - 1:15 p.m. What’s New in Google Accessibility

Salon 9

This session will provide a high-level overview of the latest accessibility
features and initiatives from Google. This will include updates on products
and services such as Android, Chrome, and Chromebook.

12:15 - 1:45 p.m. Louisiana Center for the Blind Open House

Signature 2

Join us to learn about our transformative programs. Meet our dynamic staff
and students. Find out more about innovative graduate programs in the field
of blindness at Louisiana Tech University. Connect with alumni who are
living the lives they want. Dream without limits!

Pam Allen, Executive Director

12:15 - 1:45 p.m. Oracle’s Commitment to Inclusivity

Salon 11

We will discuss strategies from our customer’s perspective, information
about employee accessibility HR accommodations, and future endeavors in our
inclusive design process.

Kent Boucher, Senior Director, Oracle Accessibility Program Office

12:15 - 1:45 p.m. Uber Town Hall

Salon 10

Uber representatives will hold a town-hall-style breakout session where Uber
may hear from Federationists about ways to update the service. Accessibility
updates will be provided at the beginning of the session.

Briana Gilmore, Head of Public Policy, Accessibility & Marginalized
Communities, Uber

12:45 - 1:45 p.m. Join the Voyage for Inclusive Digital Maps

Salon 12

Inclusive digital maps from Audiom by XR Navigation are now at your
fingertips!
>From university campuses to congressional districts, learn how to explore
and get dynamic maps for any adventure on your phone or computer. Come join
the map revolution now!

Brandon Biggs, CEO, XR Navigation

12:45 - 1:45 p.m. Leader Dogs for the Blind Meet and Greet

Salon 15

Leader Dogs for the Blind is more than guide dogs. Come meet our team
including our new CEO, Melissa Weisse, to learn about the free programs
offered including free Orientation and Mobility, Teen O&M, Teen Summer Camp,
and Guide Dog!

Melissa Weisse, Chief Executive Officer

1:15 - 1:45 p.m. Registration ($30), Packet Pickup, and Final Banquet Ticket
Sales ($80)

Registration Desk 1

General Session II (Saturday)

Grand Ballroom

Zoom meeting ID: 977 2977 7580

1CapApp Event: https://ECS.1capapp.com/event/nfb
<https://url.us.m.mimecastprotect.com/s/In6gC4xYgATBg3gBtO4Qjj?domain=ecs.1c
apapp.com>

2:00 - 5:00 p.m.

Call to Order

Presidential Report

Mark Riccobono, President, National Federation of the Blind; Baltimore,
Maryland

Leading Courageously with Higher Expectations: Braille, Teacher Preparation,
and the Continued Influence of the Organized Blind Movement

Casey Robertson, Faculty, Professional Development and Research Institute on
Blindness, and Educational Advocate; Ruston, Louisiana

Dreaming Big Together: The Monarch and the Butterfly Effect of Partnership

Craig Meador, President, American Printing House; Louisville, Kentucky

Bruce Miles, General Manager, Professional Solutions, and Head of HumanWare,
EssilorLuxottica Canada; Montréal, Québec, Canada

Katie Carlock, Parent of Blind Child; Porterdale, Georgia

Kennedy Carlock, Blind Student; Porterdale, Georgia

Gina Fugate, Teacher of Blind Students, Maryland School for the Blind;
Baltimore, Maryland

Living a Life Dedicated to Justice: Raising Expectations at the Calgary
Police Service

Robert Fenton KC, Director of Legal Services, Calgary Police Service, and
Chair, Board of Directors, Canadian National Institute for the Blind;
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Inclusion by Example: Adventures of a Blind Woman Navigating the Oceans of
STEM Professionals

Amy Bower, Physical Oceanography Senior Scientist, Woods Hole Oceanographic
Institution; Woods Hole, Massachusetts

Reports and Resolutions

Adjourn

5:00 - 9:00 p.m. Exhibit Hall

WA1, Convention Center

Final opportunity to visit the Exhibit Hall.

6:00 - 8:00 p.m. Research and Academic Professionals Meeting

Salon 9

The NFB Blindness Initiatives Research Advisory Council invites interested
individuals to discuss current research, publication in the Journal of
Blindness Innovation and Research (JBIR), and ideas for increasing the
research and academic presence of the NFB.

6:00 - 9:00 p.m. Legal Office Hours

Salon 16

Meet with a disability rights attorney to discuss blindness discrimination
concerns. Reservations are required. To reserve your spot, email
legal at nfb.org <mailto:legal at nfb.org>  or call 410-659-9314, extension 2440,
by June 21.

6:30 - 8:30 p.m. Adaptive Fitness Activity

Junior Ballroom G

Accessible fitness exercise to keep the body healthy throughout
convention—yoga/body weight strength/adaptive exercise.

7:00 - 9:00 p.m. Communications Committee

Salon 10

Join chapter, affiliate, and division leaders to learn best practices in
communications.

We’ll explore the tools available to us through our national office and
exchange ideas.

Learn to effectively use communication to build the Federation. Everyone is
welcome!

Liz Wisecarver, Chair

7:00 - 9:45 p.m. NOPBC Concurrent Workshops

Salons 14 and 15

7:00 - 8:15 p.m. NOPBC Concurrent Workshops Session IV

What Does a Good IEP Look Like and How Do I Get There? (Salon 14)

Little Ones, Play, and Learning (Salon 15)

8:30 - 9:45 p.m. NOPBC Concurrent Workshops Session V

IEP Soft Skills (Salon 14)

Transitioning into Adult Life (Salon 15)

Sponsored by the National Organization of Parents of Blind Children Division
(NOPBC).

7:00 - 10:00 p.m. NOPBC Youth Track

Sunday, July 7, 2024

Any agenda changes made after Braille and print production can be accessed
on the NFB24 app or at https://nfb.org/convention. Changes will be marked
with an asterisk (*).

7:00 - 8:00 a.m. Roman Catholic Mass

Salon 10

Those who wish to assist as Eucharistic ministers, or in other ways, should
come thirty minutes early. Contact Louis Maher (713-444-7838 or
ljmaher03 at outlook.com <mailto:ljmaher03 at outlook.com> ) if you have
questions.

8:00 - 8:45 a.m. Devotions

Salon 14

8:15 - 8:45 a.m. Registration ($30) and Packet Pickup

Registration Desk 1

8:15 - 8:45 a.m. Banquet Exchange

Grand Ballroom C Prefunction Foyer

General Session III (Sunday)

Grand Ballroom

Zoom meeting ID: 977 2977 7580

1CapApp Event: https://ECS.1capapp.com/event/nfb
<https://url.us.m.mimecastprotect.com/s/In6gC4xYgATBg3gBtO4Qjj?domain=ecs.1c
apapp.com>

9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.

Call to Order and Invocation

Financial Report, Including the Honor Roll Call

Elections

Expanding Access to the World’s Knowledge: An Update on Library Services
Centering the Blind

Jason Broughton, Director, National Library Service for the Blind and Print
Disabled; Washington, District of Columbia

Indoor Navigation: Access to Information and Blind-Led Innovations

Moderator: Mike May, Member, National Federation of the Blind of Nevada

Panel:

Charlie Meredith, Chief Technology Officer, GoodMaps; Louisville, Kentucky

Tom Pey, Founder and Chief Executive Officer, Waymap; Bromley, England

Reports and Resolutions

Adjourn

12:00 - 1:45 p.m. Banquet Exchange

Grand Ballroom C Prefunction Foyer

12:00 - 1:45 p.m. Independence Market

WA1, Convention Center

Final opportunity to visit the Independence Market.

12:15 - 1:45 p.m. National Voter Registration Help Desk

Grand Ballroom C Prefunction Foyer

Are you uncertain about the process to register to vote in your state? Do
you have questions about the various registration deadlines? Stop by our
voter registration help desk to learn more about the voting process and the
various deadlines in your state.

Government Affairs Team, National Federation of the Blind

12:15 - 1:45 p.m. Website Coordinators and Contributors Meeting

Salon 14

Learn from other affiliates and divisions about their approaches and
implementation of visually compelling and content-rich websites. Join the
effort to build a roadmap for how the group can support you in the next
year.

Corbb O’Connor, Chair

12:30 - 1:30 p.m. Museum Q&A: Who Tells Our Stories? We Do!

Salon 10

Please join us, the designers and producers of a revolutionary museum, to
ask your questions about the Museum of the Blind People’s Movement. From
conceptual to tactical, let’s have an open conversation about a museum built
by the blind that centers our stories and experiences.

Prime Access Consulting (PAC) and Origin Studios, Presenters

12:30 - 1:45 p.m. NOPBC Brainstorming Session

Salon 15

Come and share your ideas for making next year’s NOPBC sessions even better.
Cassandra McKinney, President

12:45 - 1:45 p.m. NFB in the Kitchen Group

Salon 9

Homemade happiness! Let’s talk strengthening independence and encouraging
creativity in the kitchen. Delfina Rodriguez from CCB joins Chef Regina
Mitchell as they share tips, techniques, and ease in the kitchen. Bring your
brilliant thoughts, questions, and enthusiasm.

Regina Mitchell, Chair

1:15 - 1:45 p.m. Registration ($30) and Packet Pickup

Registration Desk 1

General Session IV (Sunday)

Grand Ballroom

Zoom meeting ID: 977 2977 7580

1CapApp Event: https://ECS.1capapp.com/event/nfb
<https://url.us.m.mimecastprotect.com/s/In6gC4xYgATBg3gBtO4Qjj?domain=ecs.1c
apapp.com>

2:00 - 5:00 p.m.

Call to Order

Reflections on Collective Action: Fifty Years after 504 and the Value of
Nothing Without Us

Shawn Callaway, Board Member, National Federation of the Blind, and
President, National Federation of the Blind of the District of Columbia;
Washington, District of Columbia

Dennis Billups, Lifelong Blind Advocate; San Francisco, California

Putting Our Values into Action: A Report on Twenty Years of Innovative
Research and Training Driven by the Blind

Anil Lewis, Executive Director for Blindness Initiatives, National
Federation of the Blind; Baltimore, Maryland

We Belong: A Report on Our Collective Progress toward Equality in America
and Beyond

Moderator: John G. Paré Jr., Executive Director for Advocacy and Policy,
National Federation of the Blind; Baltimore, Maryland

Jeff Kaloc, NFB Government Affairs Specialist; Baltimore, Maryland

Jesse Shirek, NFB Government Affairs Specialist; Baltimore, Maryland

Justin Young, NFB Government Affairs Specialist; Baltimore, Maryland

Reports, Resolutions, and Other Business

Adjourn

5:15 - 6:15 p.m. National Voter Registration Help Desk

Grand Ballroom C Prefunction Foyer

Are you uncertain about the process to register to vote in your state? Do
you have questions about the various registration deadlines? Stop by our
voter registration help desk to learn more about the voting process and the
various deadlines in your state.

Government Affairs Team, National Federation of the Blind

6:00 - 7:00 p.m. Discrimination in the Workplace: Now What?

Salon 15

Do you have a job? Do you want one? Join us to learn about your rights and
responsibilities as a blind employee. Participants will learn every step in
the process from requesting a reasonable accommodation to filing a federal
complaint and beyond.

Sanho Steele-Louchart, Esq., Legal Program Coordinator, National Federation
of
the Blind

6:00 - 7:00 p.m. DEI Book Club

Salon 12

Join us for the launch of the NFB DEI Book Club. The July pick is Blind
Ambition: One Woman’s Journey to Greatness by Ever Lee Hairston. Come
prepared to discuss the book and engage in conversation with the author and
members of the Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee.

6:00 - 7:30 p.m. AFB Presents: Using Research to Drive Change

Salon 9

Join AFB’s Stephanie Enyart, Arielle Silverman, and Tony Stephens for a
session on how knowledge and research can help drive change. The presenters
will share findings from AFB’s latest research initiatives and provide
valuable resources to aid advocates and consumers.

Stephanie Enyart, Dr. Arielle Silverman, and Tony Stephens, American
Foundation for the Blind

6:00 - 8:00 p.m. Screening of unseen (audio described)

Executive Ballroom H

The documentary chronicles the story of an aspiring blind, undocumented
social worker. Through experimental cinematography and sound, unseen
reimagines a cinema accessible for blind and low-vision audiences, while
exploring the intersections of immigration, disability, and mental health.
Q&A session to follow.

7:00 - 8:00 p.m. NOPBC Youth Track

Salon 17

For youth 11-18. Refer to the Youth Track agenda for activity details.

7:00 - 10:00 p.m. Inclusive Sports and Recreation Night

Junior Ballroom G and Surface Lot

All conventioneers please consider joining us for a carnival of inclusive
sports and adaptive fitness/recreation activities. There will be a suggested
donation of ten dollars to help pay for premium exhibits.

National Federation of the Blind Sports and Recreation Division

7:30 - 9:00 p.m. DEI: What It Is and How You Can Play a Role

Salon 10

Join our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee to learn about DEI, why
it is important, and how our identities inform the work we do inside and
outside of the Federation. Discuss best practices for keeping blindness
top-of-mind when strategizing workplace DEI initiatives.

Mary Fernandez, Moderator

8:00 - 9:00 p.m. Friends of Recovery Meeting

Salon 15

All convention attendees interested in getting or remaining clean and sober
are welcome to our confidential meeting. For more information, call
828-505-0338.

8:00 - 11:00 p.m. Twenty-Second Annual Showcase of Talent

Executive Ballroom I

Join us for a night of great performances! Whether you take the stage or
support your friends from the audience, it’s always an enjoyable evening of
entertainment.

Performers $10; admission $5. Cash prizes awarded. Email nfbpad at gmail.com
<mailto:nfbpad at gmail.com>  with questions or to sign up.

Katelyn MacIntyre, President, National Federation of the Blind Performing
Arts Division

Monday, July 8, 2024

Any agenda changes made after Braille and print production can be accessed
on the NFB24 app or at https://nfb.org/convention. Changes will be marked
with an asterisk (*).

8:00 - 8:45 a.m. Devotions

Salon 14

8:15 - 8:45 a.m. Registration ($30) and Packet Pickup

Registration Desk 1

8:15 - 8:45 a.m. Banquet Exchange

Grand Ballroom C Prefunction Foyer

General Session V (Monday)

Grand Ballroom

Zoom meeting ID: 977 2977 7580

1CapApp Event: https://ECS.1capapp.com/event/nfb
<https://url.us.m.mimecastprotect.com/s/In6gC4xYgATBg3gBtO4Qjj?domain=ecs.1c
apapp.com>

9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.

Call to Order and Invocation

Raising Expectations at Social Security: The Influence of the Organized
Blind in Improving and Modernizing Essential Programs

Roderick Hairston, Deputy Associate Commissioner for the Office of
Electronic Services and Technology, Social Security Administration;
Washington, District of Columbia

Shaping Twenty-First Century Rehabilitation Systems: Leadership,
Partnership, and High Expectations

Moderator: Anil Lewis, Executive Director for Blindness Initiatives,
National Federation of the Blind; Baltimore, Maryland

Panel:

Cassondra Williams-Stokes, President, National Council of State Agencies for
the Blind; Little Rock, Arkansas

Stephen Wooderson, Chief Executive Officer, Council of State Administrators
of Vocational Rehabilitation; Washington, District of Columbia

Leading Courageously in Art: Poetry, Sensibility, and Aesthetics of Sharing
Our Unseen Stories

Set Hernandez, Filmmaker and Community Organizer, Director/Producer of the
Film unseen; San Fernando Valley, California

All the Barriers We Cannot See: A Behind-the-Scenes View on Authentic
Representation of the Blind in Film

Joe Strechay, Accessibility Consultant for Film and Television, Producer and
Consultant for the Apple TV+ Series See; Fayetteville, West Virginia

Centering on Disability Talent and Employment: Making Space by Controlling
Our Own Pathways to Success

Keely Cat-Wells, Founder and Chief Executive Officer, Making Space;
Los Angeles, California

Dreaming Big: The Influence of Blind-Centered Experience and Direction on
Artificial Intelligence

Bryan Bashin, Vice-Chair, Be My Eyes; Berkeley, California

Fostering Inclusive AI: Bridging the Gap between Lived Experiences and
Artificial Intelligence

Suman Kanuganti, Chief Executive Officer, Personal.ai; San Diego, California

Reports and Resolutions

Adjourn

12:00 - 1:00 p.m. Raffles and Drawings

Salon 10

12:00 - 1:45 p.m. Banquet Exchange

Grand Ballroom C Prefunction Foyer

Final opportunity to exchange banquet tickets prior to banquet.

12:15 - 1:15 p.m. ABLE United 101: Everything You Need to Know

Salon 12

During this session, individuals will learn all about ABLE United, Florida’s
qualified ABLE program. The session will include an overview of Florida’s
disability savings program, who it is for, how it works, and its benefits.

John Finch, Director, ABLE United

12:15 - 1:45 p.m. IRS Accessible Services and Simple Notice Effort

Salon 11

Come join IRS executives to hear about their accessible services as well as
efforts to simplify notices for taxpayers. You’ll have the opportunity to
experience new redesigned notices and provide feedback.

Maria Cheeks, Director Distribution, and Carrie Holland, Chief Diversity
Officer, Internal Revenue Service

12:30 - 1:30 p.m. Amateur “Ham” Radio Group Meeting

Salon 15

Talking with people around the world, responding to emergencies, and
tinkering with electronics are just some of the benefits of becoming a
licensed ham radio operator.

Join us in a discussion about the hobby and plans for a permanent ham radio
station at the Jernigan Institute.

Corbb O’Connor, Chair

General Session VI (Monday)

Grand Ballroom

Zoom meeting ID: 977 2977 7580

1CapApp Event: https://ECS.1capapp.com/event/nfb
<https://url.us.m.mimecastprotect.com/s/In6gC4xYgATBg3gBtO4Qjj?domain=ecs.1c
apapp.com>

2:00 - 5:00 p.m.

Call to Order

The Seventeenth Annual Dr. Jacob Bolotin Awards

Everette Bacon, Chairperson, Dr. Jacob Bolotin Award Committee, and Board
Member, National Federation of the Blind; Salt Lake City, Utah

Leveraging Collective Wisdom: Updates on Building a Blind-Centered Platform
Integrating Human and Artificial Intelligences

Troy Otillio, Chief Operating Officer, Aira Tech Corp; Carlsbad, California

>From Blind-Centered to Inclusion Leader: Improving Health Management through
Equal Access

Andy Burstein, Chief Executive Officer, Accessible Pharmacy Services;
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Telling Our Stories: A Conversation about Blindness, Justice, and Shattering
Misconceptions from the Federal Bench

David Tatel, Retired Federal Judge, United States Court of Appeals for the
District of Columbia Circuit, and Senior Counsel, Hogan Lovells; Washington,
District of Columbia

Deepa Goraya, First Vice President, National Association of Blind Lawyers;
Washington, District of Columbia

Closing the Door on Discrimination: Championing the Blind in Society through
Civil Rights Protections at the Department of Justice

Kristen Clarke, Assistant Attorney General, Civil Rights Division, United
States Department of Justice; Washington, District of Columbia

Reports and Resolutions

Adjourn

Banquet (Monday)

Grand Ballroom

Zoom meeting ID: 977 2977 7580

1CapApp Event: https://ECS.1capapp.com/event/nfb
<https://url.us.m.mimecastprotect.com/s/In6gC4xYgATBg3gBtO4Qjj?domain=ecs.1c
apapp.com>

`7:30 p.m.

Banquet

Invocation

Master of Ceremonies: Pam Allen, Chairperson of the Board, National
Federation of the Blind, and President, National Federation of the Blind of
Louisiana; Ruston, Louisiana

Introductions and Presentations

Banquet Address: Mark A. Riccobono, President, National Federation of the
Blind; Baltimore, Maryland

Scholarship Awards

Convention Notes

Note 1: Information Desk

The Federation information desk is outside Grand Ballroom C from Friday
morning through Monday for attendees with questions or in need of
assistance.

Note 2: Hotel Room Rates

Room rates at the Rosen Centre, Rosen Plaza, and Rosen Shingle Creek are
$129 for singles and doubles and $139 for triples and quads. In addition,
the combined sales and hotel occupancy tax rate is 13.5 percent.

Proof of convention registration is necessary, including the showing of an
NFB registration badge, if requested. Otherwise, regular hotel rates must be
paid. Hotel sleeping rooms are non-smoking; smoking is permitted only in
specified areas.

Note 3: Banquet Tickets

Banquet tickets may be purchased for $80 at convention registration. No
tickets will be available after 1:45 p.m. on Saturday. At the banquet ticket
exchange table, located across from the Grand Ballroom C Prefunction foyer,
you may make arrangements to reserve a specific seat for yourself or for a
group of up to ten people. On the evening of the banquet, tickets will be
required to enter the ballroom and will be collected at the tables. Tickets
may be exchanged for vegetarian, vegan, kosher, or halal meals at the
banquet ticket exchange table if done so by 2:00 p.m. on Friday.

Banquet ticket exchange will be available at the following times (also
listed in
the agenda):

*	Friday                         11:30 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
*	Saturday                    8:15 to 8:45 a.m. and Noon to 1:45 p.m.
*	Sunday                       8:15 to 8:45 a.m. and Noon to 1:45 p.m.
*	Monday                     8:15 to 8:45 a.m. and Noon to 1:45 p.m.

Note 4: Guide Dog Relief Areas

There are two guide dog relief areas at the Rosen Centre. The hotel’s
permanent, real grass animal relief area can be found by exiting the main
lobby through the front doors and following the sidewalk to the right
(heading mostly east) to the end of the guest room wing. There is a second
relief area, also on the ground level, through the exit doors across from
Grand Ballroom D, near the meeting room elevator. The relief area is on the
right side of the sidewalk.

Note 5: Announcement Requests

All requests for announcements by President Riccobono during General
Sessions must be submitted in Braille.

Note 6: NFB Treasurer Information

Individuals needing to conduct business with the NFB treasurer may do so by
going to

Registration Desk 4 on Saturday between 5:30 and 7:30 p.m. or on Sunday
between noon and 2:00 p.m.

Note 7: NFB Convention Mobile App and Web Portal

The convention agenda can be accessed via the Attendee Hub platform
beginning June 17. Mobile apps are available for both the iOS and Android
platforms and a web portal for desktop use. All registrants will receive an
email invitation with links for both the mobile apps and web portal. The
Attendee Hub platform allows users to customize a personal agenda, chat with
other Attendee Hub convention goers, and to join streamed sessions with the
click of a button for those participating virtually.

Note 8: Portrait Studio

The portrait studio wants and needs a photo of your gorgeous face! We use
images in the Braille Monitor, on websites, and for other types of
publications. Having a current photo on file is important even if you are
not writing an article or sitting on your chapter board. We will email
photos after convention to those who would like to have them. Please visit
the portrait studio across from Grand Ballroom A during the following hours:

*	Friday                                10:30 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
*	Saturday                            8:00 to 9:00 a.m.
*	Sunday                              12:00 to 1:00 p.m.
*	Monday                            5:45 to 6:45 p.m.

Note 9: Raffle Tickets

Raffle tickets will not be sold in the registration area, and no raffles or
other such drawings will take place during convention sessions or at the
banquet. The single exception will be that national divisions may (if they
request it in advance) conduct drawings during the sessions or at the
banquet. Groups or affiliates wishing to conduct their drawings (or any
person wishing to know the winners) may go to Salon 10 at noon on Monday.

Note 10: FM Receivers Pick Up

The Amateur Radio Division coordinates the distribution of special FM
receivers for our hard-of-hearing and Spanish-speaking attendees. Any
interested attendee may pick up a receiver at a table in the rear of Grand
Ballroom C. A deposit of $40 in cash is required, and exact change is
appreciated. The deposit will be returned if the receiver is brought back to
the checkout table in good condition by the end of the banquet or within
thirty minutes of adjournment of the last convention session the borrower
plans to attend.

Note 11: Muslim Prayer Space

The Blind Muslims Group has a daily prayer space at convention in Salon 21
from 1:00 p.m. until midnight from July 3 to July 8. This space will also be
available for Friday prayer. Please consider joining us.

Note 12: NFB Camp (Childcare)

NFB Camp for children between the ages of six weeks and twelve years is
available during convention sessions, most meetings, and the banquet.
Preregistration and payment by June 15 are required for this childcare
service. NFB Camp is organized and supervised by co-directors Carla
McQuillan, the executive director of Main Street Montessori, and Harriet Go.
Please note that childcare services provide morning and afternoon snacks,
but parents are required to provide lunch for their child(ren) every day.
Times listed are the opening and closing times. A late fee of $10 per
quarter-hour per child will be assessed for late pickups. NFB Camp hours
are:

*	Wednesday                      8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. and 1:30 to
5:30 p.m.
*	Thursday                           Closed
*	Friday                                8:30 a.m. to Noon and 12:45 to
5:30 p.m.
*	Saturday                            9:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. and 1:30
to 5:30 p.m.
*	Sunday                              8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. and 1:30
to 5:30 p.m.
*	Monday                            8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. and 1:30
to 5:30 p.m.
*	Banquet                            6:30 p.m. to 30 minutes after the
banquet adjourns

Note 13: Zoom and Ways to Access

For sessions broadcast on Zoom, there are multiple options for access. All
convention times are in the eastern time zone.

Zoom via web at  <https://nfb-org.zoom.us/j/97729777580>
https://nfb-org.zoom.us/j/97729777580.

Or One tap mobile:

    +13017158592,, 97729777580# US (Washington DC)

    +13052241968,, 97729777580# US (Chicago)

Or Telephone:

    Dial (for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location):

    +1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC)

    +1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)

    +1 646 876 9923 US (New York)

    +1 408 638 0968US (San Jose)

    +1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)

    +1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)

Webinar ID: 977 2977 7580

International numbers available:  <https://nfb-org.zoom.us/u/acMFTIlKsS>
https://nfb-org.zoom.us/u/acMFTIlKsS

Closed captions will be provided on the Zoom platform, and you may also
access the closed captions/transcript through 1CapApp at 1CapApp Event:
<https://url.us.m.mimecastprotect.com/s/In6gC4xYgATBg3gBtO4Qjj?domain=ecs.1c
apapp.com> https://ECS.1capapp.com/event/nfb. More details for streaming
available at  <https://nfb.org/convention> nfb.org/convention.

Note 14: Divisions, Committees, and Groups

The Federation carries on its business through the affiliated divisions,
committees, and groups listed in this agenda.

Divisions:

Divisions of the National Federation of the Blind are organized around a
specialized interest area usually related to employment or a major stage in
life (e.g., parents or students). Divisions serve as a formal vehicle for
building the organization at the national level.

Assistive Technology Trainers: Chancey Fleet, President

Black Leaders: Shawn Callaway, President

Computer Science: Brian Buhrow, President

DeafBlind: Maurice Mines, President

Diabetes Action Network: Debbie Wunder, President

Human Services: Sarah Patnaude, President

Educators: Cayte Mendez, President

Government Employees: Ronza Othman, President

Guide Dog Users: Raul Gallegos, President

Lawyers: Ronza Othman, President

Merchants: Nicky Gacos, President

Parents of Blind Children: Cassandra McKinney, President

Performing Arts: Katelyn MacIntyre, President

Professionals in Blindness Education: Emily Gibbs, President

Rehabilitation Professionals: Amy Porterfield, President

Science and Engineering: John Miller, President

Seniors: Glenn Crosby, President

Sports and Recreation: Richie Flores, President

Students: Lauren Altman, President

Veterans: Vernon Humphrey, President

Writers: Shelley Alongi, President

Committees:

Committees of the National Federation of the Blind are appointed by the
President, with the exception of the nominating committee, and serve to
advise the organization’s leadership on important matters and to carry out
projects to build the organization at
all levels.

Advancement and Promotion of Braille: Jennifer Dunnam, Chair

Ambassadors: Dan Burke, Chair

Blind Educator of the Year Award: Robin House, Chair

Communications: Liz Wisecarver, Chair

Distinguished Educator of Blind Students Award: Carla McQuillan, Chair

Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion: Shawn Callaway, Colin Wong, and Kenia
Flores,
Co-Chairs

Employment: Jennifer Wenzel and Lia Stone, Co-Chairs

Technology Evaluation: Mark Jones, Chair

Jacobus tenBroek Award: Pam Allen, Chair

Jacobus tenBroek Memorial Fund: Kathryn Webster, Chair

Kenneth Jernigan Fund: Tracy Soforenko, Chair

Membership: Denise Avant, Chair

PAC Plan: Marilyn Green, Chair

Resolutions: Donald Porterfield, Chair

Scholarship: Cayte Mendez, Chair

Shares Unlimited in NFB (SUN): Sandy Halverson, Chair

Technology Evaluation Committee, Mark Jones, Chair

White Cane and Affiliate Finance: Everette Bacon, Chair

Groups:

Groups of the National Federation of the Blind serve as a resource to
members around specific topic areas. Groups are coordinated by a chairperson
appointed by the President and are intended to connect members across the
country to strengthen the resource network of the organization.

Amateur Radio: David Chan, Chair

Blind Christians: Linda Mentink, Chair

Blind Fraternal Greek and Masonic: Shawn Callaway, Chair

Blind Muslims: Tasnim Alshuli, Chair

Blind Parents: Lisamaria Martinez, Chair

Blind Professional Journalists: Elizabeth Campbell, Chair

Blind Survivors: Christine Grassman, Chair

Krafters:

NFB in Judaism: Stewart Prost, Chair

NFB in the Kitchen: Regina Mitchell, Chair

NFB LGBT+: Sanho Steele-Louchart, Chair

NFB Website Coordinators: Corbb O’Connor, Chair

Navigating the Hotel

The description of the Rosen Centre was written by our own Mary Ellen
Jernigan for our 2013 convention with only minor edits reflecting layout
changes through the years.

Looking down from an airplane flying high above the Rosen Centre Hotel you
would see a long, tall structure oriented in a mostly east-west direction.
It would appear to be very slightly V-shaped. Extending from the point of
the ‘V’ you would see a long low structure oriented in a mostly north-south
direction. Toward the south end of the low structure, you would see a
covered bridge about the length of a football field extending toward the
west and connecting into the West Building of the Orange County Convention
Center, a second very large low structure with a mostly east-west
orientation. Your pilot might quibble a bit with you about your notions of
north-south and east-west. If so, just tell the pilot that they will do
quite nicely for navigation from the hotel lobby to the Exhibit Hall, even
though they might end you up on the wrong continent if you were flying
across the Atlantic. So, put away your compass and enjoy the convention.

Back on the ground as you enter the hotel through the revolving doors at the
main entrance you will be facing south. You will be at about the center of
the twenty-four-story east-west wing of the hotel. The main hotel elevators
will be directly ahead of you in a U-shaped elevator lobby. Slightly to your
right (west) of the opening into the elevator lobby is the entrance to the
long two-story north-south wing of the hotel. Turning slightly to your left
(east) takes you to the hotel check-in desk, which is located on the south
wall of the east-west wing. Opposite the hotel check-in desk on the north
wall of the east-west wing is the bell stand and the concierge desk.

All of the sleeping rooms are located in the twenty-four-story east-west
wing. The first three elevators on each side of the U-shaped elevator lobby
serve floors 2 through 15. The last two elevators on each side serve floors
2 and 16 through 24. A short passageway on the west side of the elevator
lobby between the third and fourth elevators serves as a shortcut between
the elevator lobby and the north-south wing. It also serves as a convenient
landmark to separate the low-floor elevators and the high-floor elevators.
When you exit the elevator lobby on the sleeping room floors, the rooms
ending in numbers 1 through 32 are east of the elevator lobby, and the
sleeping rooms ending in numbers 33 through 64 are west of the elevator
lobby.

West of the main entrance along the north wall of the east-west wing is
Smooth Java, a full-service coffee bar featuring Starbucks coffee. Beyond
the coffee bar across the end of the wing is the entrance to the Spa and
Fitness Center. The hotel gift shop is located on the south wall just before
the Spa and Fitness Center.

All of the hotel meeting rooms, restaurants, and other food and beverage
areas are located in the two-story north-south wing. (There are a few
meetings which will take place in hotel hospitality suites, which are
located on the second floor of the east-west wing.)

As you enter the north-south wing from the north end and head south, Sam &
Bubbe’s, which serves “New York deli noshes” as well as beverages, is
located on the west side. Beyond Sam and Bubbe’s are many doors leading to
the outside deck, pool area, and the tropical Harry’s Poolside Bar and
Grille. On the east side is the 98Forty Tapas and Tequila Bar featuring
forty premium tequilas and Spanish and Mexican specialties. Just beyond
98Forty is the Banshoo sushi bar followed by Red’s Deli. This deli is open
twenty-four hours a day and is a combination of convenience store and
quick-service restaurant. The restaurant part of the operation opens at 6:30
a.m. and continues until midnight, offering hot and cold deli-style
sandwiches, salads, pizza, hot entrees, and desserts, either for dine-in or
takeout to your room or the outside eating area near the pools. Continuing
south beyond Red’s Deli you will find the hotel’s two full-service
restaurants—Café Gaugin (which is open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner) and
Everglades (which is open for dinner only).

Opposite the Everglades Restaurant you will find the grand staircase. Two
separate curved flights merge into one on a landing and continue in a single
flight to the second-floor meeting rooms. When you enter the curved stairs
from the lobby level you are heading west. The single flight from the
landing reverses direction so that when you come off the stairway onto the
second floor, you are facing east.

Continuing south beyond the grand staircase the floor surface changes from
terrazzo to carpet, and you enter the Ballroom Prefunction foyer. (NFB
preregistration, registration, banquet ticket sales, and information desk
will be located here.)

Along the east side are seven sets of doors leading into the Grand Ballroom.
Opposite the fifth set of doors are escalators and a staircase leading to
the second-floor meeting rooms and to the covered bridge walkway to the West
Building of the Convention Center. The staircase is between the two
escalators. The “up” escalator is on the west side of the staircase. The
“down” escalator is on the east side of the staircase. Beyond the escalators
and staircase is an elevator to the second floor. Just before the elevator
on the west wall of the Grand Ballroom Prefunction foyer is an exterior door
leading to the dog relief area closest to the meeting rooms.

Just beyond the Grand Ballroom are two additional, smaller ballrooms, one on
each side of the Prefunction foyer. Each of these ballrooms is split into
two sections. The Junior Ballroom is located on the east side of the
Prefunction foyer. There are two sets of doors into Section F of the Junior
Ballroom followed by two sets of doors into Section G. The Executive
Ballroom is opposite the Junior Ballroom on the west side of the Prefunction
foyer. Similarly, there are two sets of doors into Section H followed by two
sets of doors into Section I of the Executive Ballroom. The Prefunction
foyer ends with doors to the outside just beyond the ballrooms. The exterior
doors lead to the Rosen Centre surface lot and parking garage.

The second-floor meeting rooms consist of twenty-four salons numbered 1
through 24 and the Signature 2 meeting room. Salons 1 through 12 are located
along both sides of a U-shaped east-west corridor found immediately opposite
the opening to the Grand Staircase. The numbering system begins with Salon 1
starting on the left (north) side of the corridor as you enter it continuing
consecutively through Salon 6 on the north side, crossing over to Salon 7 on
the south side and running back up the “U” through Salon 12 on the south
side of the “U,” which is opposite Salon 1 at the entry point into the “U”
on the north side.

Leaving the “U” you are facing west. Turning left (south) the first salon on
the east side of the north-south corridor is Salon 13. Salons 14 through 24
follow consecutively south along the east side of this corridor. If when
leaving the “U” you turn right (north), you are headed toward the
intersection of the north-south second floor meeting room corridor with the
east-west corridor of the twenty-four-floor sleeping room wing. Turning left
(west) at this intersection takes you to a number of hospitality suite
parlors, where some meetings are scheduled. The numbering system of the
hospitality suites follows the same pattern as the numbering for sleeping
rooms. Turning right (east) at the intersection takes you to the elevator
lobby serving the sleeping rooms. All ten elevators in the main bank of
elevators serving the sleeping rooms have a stop on the second floor.

Salons 13 through 24 are located directly above the Grand and Junior
Ballrooms along the east side of a north-south corridor that is above the
north-south Ballroom Prefunction foyer. The escalators and staircase
originating in the Ballroom Prefunction foyer opposite the fifth set of
Grand Ballroom doors terminate on this second-floor corridor opposite Salon
19. The Signature 2 meeting room is located opposite Salon 17 west of the
escalators and staircase. The entryway to the covered bridge to the
Convention Center West Building is located west of these escalators.

The covered bridge walkway to the West Building of the Convention Center is
343 feet—slightly longer than the length of a football field. It connects to
the second level of the West Building. You enter the West Building at the
extreme east end of the West Concourse running from east to west.

The doors to our Exhibit Hall and Independence Market are on the south side
of the West Concourse in WA1, across from the doors where you enter the
Convention Center. We are also using meeting rooms W202 (which divides into
three sections) on the north side of the concourse.

The full length of the West Concourse from east to west is a few feet more
than a half mile. The Rosen Plaza Hotel is located just beyond the west end
of the concourse. The Exhibit Hall and meeting rooms we are using extend
only about a fourth of the way along the concourse toward the termination at
the west end. It is possible to leave the Rosen Plaza Hotel, walk the entire
distance through the air-conditioned concourse to the covered bridge walkway
to the Rosen Centre Hotel, and travel across the walkway to the meeting room
level of the Rosen Centre Hotel. The exterior doors of the Convention Center
at the Rosen Plaza end will be open for entry from 6:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
The exterior doors of the Convention Center at the Rosen Centre end will be
open for entry from 6:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. Doors at both ends will be open
for exit twenty-four hours daily.

The National Federation of the Blind acknowledges with gratitude our
convention sponsors listed below. Their messages follow.

Platinum:

Google

Microsoft

Non-24-Hour Sleep-Wake Disorder (Non-24)

Oracle

Vispero

Waymo

Wells Fargo

Gold:

Amazon

Target

Silver:

Brown, Goldstein & Levy, LLP

Delta Airlines

JPMorgan Chase & Co

Market Development Group

Uber

Bronze:

American Printing House

AmGen

Centene Corporation

Charter Communications

Cruise

CVS Health

Guiding Eyes for the Blind

HumanWare

United Airlines

Zoox

White Cane:

ABLE United / ABLE Today

Aira

AllyADA

American Foundation for the Blind

C&P-Chris Park Technology

Central Intelligence Agency

Computers for the Blind

Democracy Live

En-Vision America

Envision, Inc.

GoodMaps

IKE Smart City

Jackson Walker LLP

Leader Dogs for the Blind

McGraw Hill

National Industries for the Blind

National Library Service for the Blind and Print Disabled

OrCam

Penny Forward

Personal.ai

Saavi Services for the Blind

Selvas BLV, formerly HIMS Inc.

Sensotec

Tactile Engineering / Independence Science

Sponsor Ads

Platinum

Google: Check out the “What’s new in Google accessibility” video series that
is highlighting the latest accessibility updates from Google! Tune in today
on g.co/a11y/playlist <http://g.co/a11y/playlist> . Sign up for Google’s
Accessibility Newsletter. Join an ever-growing community of accessibility
enthusiasts by subscribing to our newsletter and getting the latest Google
accessibility news to your inbox. Sign up today on g.co/a11y/news
<http://g.co/a11y/news> . The Google Disability Support team is available to
support users from the disability community with Google products. Support
includes accessibility features, functionalities, and assistive technology.
Connect with a specialist on g.co/disabilitysupport
<https://g.co/disabilitysupport> . Are you an avid user of Google products,
passionate about providing feedback, and excited about improving
accessibility? Sign up to become an Accessibility Trusted Tester on
g.co/a11ytt <http://g.co/a11ytt> . Images include the Google logo written in
print, Braille, and ASL.

Microsoft: Unique unites us. Microsoft is a proud sponsor of the 2024
National Federation of the Blind Convention. Microsoft is committed to
empowering people with disabilities through accessible technology, expanded
skilling and hiring opportunities, and working with others to amplify our
collective impact. Microsoft.com/accessibility
<http://Microsoft.com/accessibility> . Images include a man using a computer
with large print, and the Microsoft logo.

Vispero: Proud sponsor of the 2024 NFB National Convention. Introducing
Picture Smart AI. Making graphical content more accessible with Picture
Smart AI. A groundbreaking feature in JAWS screen reading software, Picture
Smart AI, uses artificial intelligence to provide detailed descriptions of
images, infographics, diagrams, and more – navigate the digital world with
the same ease and depth as everyone else. Training suite hours: Thursday
July 4, 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM; Friday July 5, 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM. Training suite
2 days only! Visit us at the JAWS AI training suite during NFB. Learn how to
get in-depth Picture Smart AI training and demos by visiting our booth.
Exhibit hall hours: Thursday July 4, 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM; Friday July 5, 9:00
AM – 5:00 PM; Saturday July 6, 12:00 PM – 1:45 PM and 5:00 PM to 9:00 PM.
Contact us to learn more at 1-800-444-4443 or www.vispero.com
<http://www.vispero.com> . Images include the Vispero and Freedom Scientific
logos, and the JAWS logo on a computer screen.

Wells Fargo: Coming together is the beginning of great things. It’s amazing
what we can achieve when a community unites. We salute the National
Federation of the Blind for defending the rights of blind Americans. Let’s
celebrate the NFB National Convention. Come visit us at our booth.
Wellsfargo.com/impact <http://Wellsfargo.com/impact> . Images include the
Wells Fargo logo, and a photo of three adults walking together, one using a
guide dog.

Vanda Pharmaceuticals - Non-24-Hour Sleep-Wake Disorder (Non-24): Vanda
Pharmaceuticals is dedicated to raising awareness of Non-24-Hour Sleep-Wake
Disorder (Non-24) and supporting the blindness community. Non-24 is a rare
circadian rhythm disorder affecting up to 70% of people who are totally
blind. People living with Non-24 experience excessive daytime sleepiness and
nighttime sleeplessness, which leads to impaired social and occupational
functioning. This is due to a misalignment between the internal master body
clock and the 24-hour day. Come visit us at out booth to learn about Non-24
and sign up for additional information. Call a health educator toll-free at
1-855-856-2424. 24 hours a day, every day. Visit us online at www.non-24.com
<http://www.non-24.com> . Images includes the Vanda Pharmaceuticals logo and
a photo of a man walking with his guide dog.

Oracle: Your perspective is priceless at Oracle. To tackle the world’s most
important problems, our workforce must be reflective of the billions of
people who use our technology. That’s why Oracle is a place where all kinds
of people can succeed without barriers. Learn how we embrace diverse
abilities at oracle.com/diversity <http://oracle.com/diversity> . Create the
future with us. Images include the Oracle logo, and a graphic of a hand
lifting one group of people up to reach another.

Gold

Amazon: We’re building a more accessible future. Amazon’s vision is to
become Earth’s most customer-centric company. That means making our devices
and services accessible to everyone – especially people with disabilities.
Attend our session and learn more at amazon.com/accessibility
<http://amazon.com/accessibility> . Images include three individuals using
Amazon devices. The Amazon logo is written out in American Sign Language,
Braille, and standard print.

Target: Target for all. Target’s purpose is to help all families discover
the joy of everyday life. Whether it’s in our store or shopping online, we
believe every blind person has the right to an equal experience. Learn more
about Target’s accessibility efforts at target.com/accessibility
<http://target.com/accessibility> . We appreciate all feedback, thoughts,
and suggestions! Email the Accessibility team at any time using
accessibility at target.com <mailto:accessibility at target.com> . Here are two
ways you can explore what Target has to offer: Explore same day services
allowing you to customize how you shop all of our products in the manner
best fitting your lifestyle. Learn more at http://bit.ly/tgt-same-day.
Target provides free Aira service to assist you in all Target stores
nationwide and while shopping online at Target.com <http://Target.com> .
Learn more at aira.io/target <http://aira.io/target> . Are you curious to
hear more about Target’s digital accessibility? Have questions about our
apps, website, or stores? Join our seminar and meet some of our experienced
accessibility consultants as they share our team's efforts continuing to
make Target an accessible shopping experience for all. Images include
cartoon people sitting on the Target bullseye logo, the word “Digital”
written in Braille and print.

Silver

American Printing House: It’s time to soar! Spread your wings and fly high
with the Monarch. Sales open September 1. Learn more at aph.org/meet-monarch
<http://aph.org/meet-monarch> . Images include the APH logo, and a photo of
someone using a Monarch device.

Brown, Goldstein & Levy, LLP: We’re all in. Proud to support the NFB’s
mission to advance the rights of blind individuals across the country. 120 E
Baltimore St, Suite 2500, Baltimore, MD 21202. 410-962-1030. Browngold.com
<http://Browngold.com> . 1300 I St NW, Floor 8, Washington, DC 20005. Images
include the Brown, Goldstein & Levy logo, and headshot photos of their
lawyers.

Delta Airlines: Climbing toward a more just and equitable world. Proud to
support the 2024 National Federation of the Blind National Convention.
Images include the Delta logo and a photo of a plane taking off.

JPMorgan Chase & Co: Commitment to access and inclusion. At JPMorgan Chase
we strive to empower people with disabilities to grow their careers, develop
new job skills, enter, or re-enter the workforce and gain equitable access
to well-paying careers. We proudly support the National Federation of the
Blind for developing innovative education, technology, training programs and
legislative advocacy that create pathways to independence and success for
their constituents. JPMorganChase.com/odi <http://JPMorganChase.com/odi> .
Images include the JPMorgan Chase & Co. logo and a hand on a Braille sign.

Market Development Group: Best wishes to the National Federation of the
Blind for a successful 2024 National Convention in Orlando, Florida. Market
Development Group, Inc. A full-service marketing company. John Alahouzos,
Executive Vice President. 1834 Connecticut Avenue, NW, Washington, DC 20009,
USA. 202-298-8030, www.mdginc.org <http://www.mdginc.org> .

Bronze

Spectrum / Charter Communications: Together we are making our community a
better home for all. Spectrum is proud to serve alongside you in support of
National Federation of the Blind’s 2024 Convention. Images include the
Spectrum logo.

Cruise: Building the world’s most advanced autonomous vehicles. Cruise is
proud to work with and support the National Federation of the Blind. Learn
more at GetCruise.com/accessibility <http://GetCruise.com/accessibility> .
Images include the Cruise logo and a red and white Cruise car.

United Airlines: Arriving soon: a more inclusive flying experience. Braille
signs are coming to the interiors of all United mainline aircraft by 2026.
Images include the United logo, and a photo of the label of an overhead bin
with Braille.

White Cane

ABLE United / ABLE Today: Financial Empowerment for People with
Disabilities. A+ ABLE today. Learn more on the ABLE today podcast at
abletoday.org/podcast <http://abletoday.org/podcast> . Abletoday.org
<http://Abletoday.org> .

Aira: Access is a human right. Download the Aira explorer app & try the new
access AI! www.aira.io <http://www.aira.io> . Images include the Aira logo
and a QR code linking to the Aira explorer app.

AllyADA: AllyADA; an inclusive web for all. We use manual testers to audit
websites for ADA accessibility compliance. By changing the way e-commerce
does accessibility, we’re changing the way blind and visually impaired users
do e-commerce. Accessibility. Equity. Independence. Only 2% of websites are
truly accessible to blind and visually impaired consumers. We’re improving
all that. Changemaker. Disrupter. Ally. Stop by our booth. Learn about
becoming a tester. Allyada.com. Images include the AllyADA logo, and a graph
showing only 2% of websites are fully accessible, 48% are semi-accessible,
50% are inaccessible, and over thirty-three thousand sites have been tested.

American Foundation for the Blind: Leadership Conference: Leading in the
digital age. Hyatt Regency Minneapolis, MN, September 23 – 25, 2024. Join us
as we look to the future of leadership impacting Americans who are blind or
have low vision. The 2024 AFB Leadership Conference convenes thought
leaders, advocates, corporate partners, and government representatives as we
work together with the blind and low-vision community to shape a more
inclusive world. Act.afb.org/LC24 <http://Act.afb.org/LC24> . Images include
the AFB logo and a picture of skyscrapers within a city skyline.

Central Intelligence Agency: Envision working at CIA. CIA has opportunities
for people who are blind, have low-vision, and everyone else. Find your
mission at cia.gov/careers <http://cia.gov/careers> . Images include the CIA
logo.

Computers for the Blind: Conference special: $50 plus tax laptop, free
Windows 11 upgrade, refurbished 250GB SSD, 8GB RAM, Jaws, or ZoomText free
for 1-year. Offer applied to individuals only. Computersfortheblind.org
<http://Computersfortheblind.org> , 214-340-6328. Images include the
Computers for the Blind logo.

C&P-Chris Park Technology: The world first invention of iPhone compatible
video magnifier. New true transportable i-loviewMAX, i-loview16 and more!
C&P, known as Chris Park Technology, develops products for people with
vision loss. CP is the real manufacturer of video magnifiers, canes,
cameras, software for Optelec, Enhances Vision, Baum, HumanWare Europe, Ai
Squared, NFB and other organizations. We have been working with non-profit
projects worldwide to help people. Sales at chrisparkdesign.com
<mailto:Sales at chrisparkdesign.com> . Images include the C&P logo, a man
using a cane, and various technology available.

Democracy Live: In too many states, voters with disabilities don’t have
equal access to voting independently and privately from home. Fortunately,
there are new accessible at-home voting technologies now available. The
Democracy Live OmniBallot accessible at-home voting system is a fully ADA
Section 508, WCAG compliant remote ballot marking solution. The system has
been tested to meet the accessibility requirements of over 90 combinations
of browsers, operating systems, screen readers and devices. OmniBallot has
been deployed as an accessible absentee tool since 2008, in over 5,000
elections, serving more than 2,500 jurisdictions, in 34 states and 96
countries around the world. OmniBallot has been tested and reviewed by
members of most every leading disability organization in the nation. For
further information, please contact Democracy Live: 855-655-VOTE (8683) Toll
Free; Email: info at democracylive.com <mailto:info at democracylive.com> ;
www.democracylive.com <http://www.democracylive.com> . Images include the
Democracy Live logo.

Envision: Envision is a competitive employment leader providing
opportunities for people who are blind or visually impaired in Wichita,
Dallas, and military bases across the nation. Nationwide, people can benefit
from our career mentoring for blind students and adults and our accessible
remote cybersecurity program. Visit our booth or join us at the career fair
for more details and to start your journey with Envision. Images include the
Envision logo.

GoodMaps: You can demo the GoodMaps app in the lobby of the Rosen Hotel.
Scan the QR code below or download the app from the Apple or Google store by
searching for GoodMaps (one word). We have a booth in the exhibit hall and
would love to answer your questions. community at goodmaps.com
<mailto:community at goodmaps.com> . Images include the GoodMaps logo and a QR
code linking to the app store.

Jackson Walker LLP: Jackson Walker proudly supports the National Federation
of the Blind National Convention. Austin, Dallas, Fort Worth, Houston, San
Angelo, San Antonio. JW.com <http://JW.com> .

Leader Dogs for the Blind: Did you know Leader Dogs for the Blind also
offers free O&M training? Visit us – LeaderDog.org/programs
<http://LeaderDog.org/programs>  for more details. Images include the Leader
Dogs for the Blind logo and logos for Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, and
LinkedIn.

McGraw Hill: McGraw Hill unlocks the potential for all learners. McGraw Hill
believes that the best learning materials should be accessible to students
of all abilities. We are building an inclusive culture that considers the
needs of every learner from the outset and we are making every effort to
ensure that all new educational content and technology follows the WCAG AA
guidelines and best practices. To learn more about the McGraw Hill
commitment to accessible Learning, scan or visit
mheducation.com/about/accessibility
<http://mheducation.com/about/accessibility> . Images include the McGraw
Hill logo.

National Industries for the Blind: National Industries for the Blind (NIB).
NIB is a nonprofit organization focused on enhancing the opportunities for
economic and personal independence of people who are blind, primarily
through creating, sustaining, and improving employment. NIB and our
associated nonprofit agencies across the country offer employment
opportunities in a variety of professional fields and help people who are
blind build successful careers through award-winning training and
development programs. Visit NIB.org <http://NIB.org>  to learn more. Images
include the NIB logo.

OrCam: OrCam is proud to partner with the National Federation of the Blind.
Our devices respond to your unique needs and assist in performing everyday
tasks like reading print or digital text, scanning product barcodes,
managing invoices, identifying and handling money. Visit OrCam at NFB. Stop
by our booth for a free device demonstration. Attend our on-site
presentation to learn about our newest technology and devices.
Usorcam at orcam.com <mailto:Usorcam at orcam.com> , 1-800-404-4886. Images
include the OrCam logo and an OrCam My Eye device.

Selvas BLV, formerly HIMS Inc.: New! Braille eMotion: Go with that feeling!
40-Cell Braille Display. Crisp, clear Braille cells. Quality text-to-speech.
Long lasting battery. Visit Selvas BLV for a demo today! New Braille
Display! Seamlessly connect to multiple devices. Selvas BLV internal
applications. Compact, ergonomic, and portable. www.selvasblv.com
<http://www.selvasblv.com> , 888-520-4467, sales at hims-inc.co
<mailto:sales at hims-inc.co> .

Sensotec: Solutions for a visual challenge. Your partner for innovative
assistive technology solutions. Solutions for audiobooks, TV, mobility, and
smartboard. www.pro.sensotec.com <http://www.pro.sensotec.com> ;
sales at sensotec.com <mailto:sales at sensotec.com> . Images include the Sensotec
logo, a photo of a person sitting and watching TV with large print captions,
and a QR code linking to the Sensotec website.

Tactile Engineering/Independence Science: Cadence Tactile Graphics Tablet.
Visit Tactile Engineering's exhibit hall booth to experience multi-line
braille, animated tactile images, and our Video Arcade for the Blind!
www.tactile-engineering.com <http://www.tactile-engineering.com> . Visit
Independence Science's exhibit hall booth to learn about our employment
transition services and our science access solutions!
www.independencescience.com <http://www.independencescience.com> . Images
include the Tactile Engineering and Independence Science logos.

Dream Big

Contribute to the Give $25 Drive for a chance to win a Monarch!
nfb.org/give25 <https://nfb.org/give25> . National Federation of the Blind
logo and tagline Live the life you want.

Peace,

Jacki Bruce

Corresponding Secretary NFBV

mailto:jackibruce6 at gmail.com