[NFBV-Blind-Parents] Participate in new Blind Parents Connection Podcast

Cascone, Stephanie scascone at nfb.org
Wed Jan 23 22:51:25 UTC 2019

New Opportunity to Share Your Experiences! Get involved with the Blind Parents Connection Podcast.

As a parent, you can live the life you want; blindness is not what holds you back. Help us share this message with other blind parents. The National Federation of the Blind strives to provide blind parents and caregivers information and inspiration; a positive forum for blind parents to ask and receive answers to questions and concerns; share resources and experiences with other blind parents; and share alternative techniques used by blind parents to keep their families safe, healthy, and happy. We are excited to provide the Blind Parents Connection Podcast as an additional resource.

You can help! We are interested in interviewing blind parents who have successful tips and tricks or useful experiences they are willing to share. We are starting interviews next week in Washington, DC on Monday, January 28; Tuesday, January 29; or Wednesday, January 30. Questions will be provided in advance for your review/consideration. We anticipate 4-7 questions depending on the length of your answers. The time commitment would be 30-35 minutes for an in-person interview. If these days do not work for you, still reach out to schedule an interview for a later time.  We are specifically searching for stories and strategies related to the following topics:

*         Feeding (Breast Feeding, Bottle, Solid Foods)

*         Hygiene: Bathing, Brushing Teeth, Dressing the Child, Changing Diapers, Toilet Training

*         Playing with the Child - Nap Time and Bed Time, Childproofing the house

*         School: Helping with Homework - Attending Parent Teacher conferences

*         Supervising the Child Playing Outside (Backyard, Public park)

*         Household tasks (Cooking, Cleaning, laundry)

*         Traveling: around the neighborhood - on Public Transportation

*         Health: Related Task (Administering medication, First Aid) - Doctors' Visits

If you are interested, and we hope you are, please email podcast at nfb.org<mailto:podcast at nfb.org> or call 410-659-9314, extension 2244.

This is a wonderful opportunity for you to share some of your experiences, raise expectations, and improve opportunities for others. We look forward to hearing from you!

Disclaimer