[Nfbv-fairfax] Fw:Fairfax Chapter Meeting Notes-May 16

Wanda Taylor wptaylor13 at gmail.com
Fri May 17 19:07:55 UTC 2013

From: Diaz, Jessica [mailto:jdiaz at nib.org]
Sent: Friday, May 17, 2013 9:59 AM

5/16/13 Meeting Notes

The meeting was called to order at 7PM by our President, Wanda Taylor. We had a full house and obtained 2 new members to the chapter. Dr. Schroder told us briefly about some of the things the World Blind Union is working on. This included a lot of discussion on publishers to allow books produced for disabled individuals to be shared between countries. The Presidential release gave more information about convention this summer in Orlando. Fund raising topics were discussed and we all voted that we will become a member of the Fairfax chamber of commerce. Our next meeting will be a summer cookout at the Schroder's on June 15th at 3 PM. More details will be sent when they become available. The meeting wrapped up at 9 and I encourage everyone to come in June for our cookout.

Jessica Diaz