[Nfbv-fairfax] FAIRFAX NFB Chapter Meeting- Thursday November 21, 2013 -

Wanda Taylor wptaylor13 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 17 23:17:41 UTC 2013

**************
If you no longer wish to receive e-mails from the Fairfax Chapter of
the NFB please reply and let me know and I will remove you from the list.
Wanda
wptaylor13 at gmail.com

 Hello Everyone,

The Fairfax Chapter Meeting is scheduled for Thursday,November 21,, 2013at 7PM and ends at 9PM.  The meeting will  be held at,Glory Days Grill, 3059 Nutley Street, Fairfax, Va.  22031.  The telephone number is 703-204-0900.

We will have a lot to cover at this meeting.During this meeting we will have the election of Chapter Officers.  As previously stated, in order for a member  to vote and/or to be nominated to an office, they must be in good standing, This means, your  dues must be current and up to date.   Also, December is fast approaching and we need to decide on what festivities the Chapter is interested in having.
Agenda:
Presidential Address
Report from Nomination chair
Election of chapter Officers
State Convention Report
Issuance of Chapter ID's
Chapter Web Site Update
Chapter Holiday Activity/Event
  Upcoming NFB Activities
Chapter and Fund Raisers for 2014
Old Business
New Business
Announcement:
Below is an announcement asking people to join the Virginia SRC.             How You Can Improve the Virginia Department for the Blind and Vision Impairer's Services

Have you wondered how you can make services for the blind better in Virginia? Do you have good ideas about making DBVI better but don't know whom to tell? Are you visually impaired? If any of the above is true, the Virginia State Rehabilitation Counsel (SRC) wants to hear from you. The SRC was established to work with the Department for the Blind and Vision Impaired (DBVI) to improve services. The SRC is composed of people just like you who want to help Virginia's work-able blind to find employment by guiding and assisting the DBVI to do a more effective job. The SRC is looking for those willing to help. For more information, contact Director of Appointments Courtney Groves at Courtney.Groves at governor.virginia.gov.

Looking forward to seeing you at this month's meeting.

Attached for your convenience is a copy of the menu.  A majority of the items are under $15.  There are some that are  higher.  Glory Days does  prepare gluten free foods and will try and accommodate most dietary concerns. Just ask your server.    Although burgers were omitted from the attached  menu, please ask your server for the types of burgers they serve.

Wanda