[Nfbv-fairfax] Fairfax Chapter Proclamationand Meet the Blind Month

Wanda Taylor wptaylor13 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 30 15:14:13 UTC 2013

Hello All!
As part of Meet the Blind Month and White Cane Safety Day, the Fairfax Chapter will have a proclamation read on  Tuesday, October 8 in the  City Council room of Fairfax City Hall.   The City Council will be reading a proclamation acknowledging OCTOBER 15, 2013 as "White Cane Safety Day."
 This is a GRAND opportunity to meet our council members and to let the City know of the Fairfax  Chapter presence in the community, as well as get our pictures taken with the council members.  This is also a great opportunity for the entire  Chapter to take part in a Meet the Blind Month event.

A little information about the Council meeting:

The Council  meeting starts right at 7:00 pm. so those who would like to participate should arrive 10 minutes early.  Council meetings are held in the Council Chambers Room 100, which is on the ground floor of the City Hall Annex.

When you come to City Hall, if you stay on University/George Mason Boulevard, and turn right into the parking lot you will see the atrium doors between the old City Hall Building and the new building.  Walk in those doors and turn left down a very short hallway and you will be in the entryway to room 100.  John Bailey  will keep an eye out for members.

This Chapter event is just the beginning of more grand  activities to come.
Let's let our presence be known!  Come out.
Note:  Council session starts promptly at 7:00  PM.  You do not have to stay for the entire meeting, but this is another opportunity to get a glimpse at what is going on in in our local government.
Looking forward to seeing you there!
Wanda

Wanda Taylor
President, Fairfax Chapter