[Nfbv-fairfax] FW: Request for Braille Readers

Schroeder, Cathy CSchroeder at ATPCO.NET
Tue Sep 24 16:20:59 UTC 2013

Forwarded from Kim Avila:

Please find the request below for Braille readers to speak during a Braille course.  This course meets at Kellar Annex, which is one mile away from GMU's Fairfax campus (it is behind a Safeway shopping center in Fairfax City.)
If you are interested, please email Dr. Lawson at hlawson2 at gmu.edu and cc me
on the email: kavila at gmu.edu
Thanks,
Kim Avila

Hello,

My name is Dr. Holly Lawson and I am seeking blind and VI panelists for a
course that I am teaching this semester, Braille Code. The purpose of the
panel is to highlight the importance of braille literacy and for panelists to share their experiences learning and using braille.

Where: Kellar Annex I,  3807 University Dr. Fairfax VA 22030
When: Wednesday, Nov 11th 4:00-5:00 pm

More details: Currently, there are 10 graduate students in the class total who attend the course from various sites across the state. Using
videoconferencing, students from home can talk to panelists and hear the
discussion.

If you have any assistive technology equipment you would like to bring and demo or any tools, that would be great too!

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me via e-mail.

Thank you in advance for your interest and support of the Virginia
Consortium for Teacher Preparation in Vision Impairment!
Holly M. Lawson, PhD, COMS, CLVT

Assistant Professor and Coordinator
Virginia Consortium for Teacher Preparation in Vision Impairment
College of Education and Human Development
George Mason University
4400 University Drive, MS 1F2
Fairfax, Virginia 22030
hlawson2 at gmu.edu